Miscellaneous News

The last mesh hat is the sickest item I have yet seen in this game
"
Torin wrote:
I agree that June is going to awesome with Shadowrun Returns coming out. But somehow feel that is not what Chris was talking about ;)

I was thinking the same but Marvel Heroes :) June gonna be awesome indeed.
IGN - Burq
" If you have friends that stopped playing PoE..."

5 Friends left - not because of the content but the server stability.
We wanted to Play HC but doing so with the given quality...seemed kinda senseless.

I still read the news but playing PoE wont happen til servers get more reliable. At least 2-3 heavy lags with extreme rubberbanding seemed to be standard for me.
Quantity wont bring players back, its quality we need!

A few more month or even a year - who knows how long it takes - but i'm sure you'll be doing fine improving the game to a satisfying state.
Still waiting for my Extra Gore Microtransaction :(
www.twitch.tv/kaiser499 (My Gaming Stream)
@ the bottom two right helms:

There are numerous facial mask helms and veiled helms in history.

Facial mask helm date as far back as the Byzantine empire, but mostly just ornate in nature. Well crafted and fancy helmets have been a vanity display from the middle east up to northern vikings across a solid 2 to 3 millenia of human history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Ages

They are however more well known from the medieval era due to the larger quantity, better preservation and iconic folklore that came after this era.

Teutonic knights were known for wearing fancy helms with decorations (lion at rest on top of pot helm), but in almost all cases these helms weren't used for battle, for which normal pot helms would be sued. These helms were for display, might have seen use at jousts and other forms o festivity or gathering.

Now of course it is an artist impression, but since the facial mask/ helm shows the use of iron and not only bronze and a somewhat traditional helm top I wouldn't place this is the classic era (known for bronze, wooden and stone face masks).

Gold mask ancient greece:

Note modern reprod:

Roman classic face mask get close (and the silver color, could be silver instead of iron -duh- ):

Roman getting very close and maybe the inspiration source I would still move forward in time to medieval Russia.

Visit this website for more: http://www.xenophon-mil.org/rushistory/medievalarmor/russ18.htm

It is hard to find pictures, because the i-nets is full of modern reproductions.

For the veiled one:

Chainmail combined with a helm is quite typical for Eastern Europe:

Again we end up at the russians ;), however...

They were also used in the middle east, albeit not traditionally. Chainmail would actually be uncommon apart from the more wealthy (rich cavalry, the equivalent of europes Noble man, sheikhs and such).

In the dry and warm areas (dust, sand, sun, heat) it was more common to use cloth. This is why I would put the latter a Islamic Medieval Helm, the top head is quite pointed, however the purple dye and the crowned top makes it more of European noble taste. Definitely a mix of influences inspired this one, unless someone has a clear cut example.

It hard to pinpoint most down, as they are the work of an artist, that got inspired by. So if you fancy to stick an age place and time on it, it would be New Zealand 2013.

:P
Any news about the June update? I think it was hinted that melee is getting a buff, I'm all scared of starting a new melee build since it sounds it might be outdated in June
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
kaoimi chest art?
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
are the new helm models for paper doll or for public view ?

just a few ideas for hats and masks i have a ton more if you need some inspiration

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/357905154862e79f734cb.jpg

http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/dread-pirate-roberts.jpg
Last edited by Soulreaver_chris on May 17, 2013, 10:22:54 AM
It's gonna be awesome thats for sure... keep up the good work GGG
"If you have friends that stopped playing PoE, let them know that June is going to be an awesome month and that they should clear their schedules. We're very keen to announce further information on this soon."

OOMG OMG OMG OMG WTF GGG STOP I DONT HAVE REAL LIFE ANYMOORE ;D
jk dont stop. not jk about real life.
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info