We now support paysafecard!

thx for adding more options. will use it.
"
gesichtspalme wrote:
That's just too late for me..

We were asking for this since way back in closed beta and you never reacted with any kind of status update. You just kept ignoring every thread asking about news on paysafecards.

It took over a year to arrange. As you can see from my post history, we did post frequent updates about it in the news over that time.

I understand you feel it's too late, but we were working hard on it the entire time. When adding new payment methods there are large amounts of paperwork, business deals, legal costs, often new companies to be formed and of course implementation that has to be handled very carefully when you're processing money.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
@Chris

Cause of the Currency conversion there will be different amounts left on the cards - Any way to get a $1 pruchase option like when converting PSC to Amazon Vouchers, to use up the remaining currency to a reasonable extend ?
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 14, 2013, 1:29:01 AM
"
@Chris

Cause of the Currency conversion there will be different amounts left on the cards - Any way to get a $1 pruchase option like when converting PSC to Amazon Vouchers, to use up the remaining currency to a reasonable extend ?

Good question - I'll talk to the team about it.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
yada yada yada. Paysafecard is great. I have used paypal in the mean time because i really needed stash tabs, but paysafe is easier to use for everyone who does not want to link his bank account (paypal is able to use wire transactions) to a paypal account or does not have a credit card. you just get the voucher in a supermarket or a gas station and there you go.

Oh, and hi Darkrox :p

@Chris: the "dark" side of PSC may be that you might get slighty more RMT activity, so watch out not only for "forum gold" or "chinese" RMT sites but also player-to-player trades for those codes. Its a common issue from pay2win games like Runes of Magic where you can pay2win through trading the official microtransaction currency (which in the first place gets bought by PSC because the game supports it) via an AH or similar. It is not possible in this fashion here because you cant donate/trade the GGG points, but players like to cut out the middleman (therefore trade items directly for the paysafe code instead of for the microtransaction currency bought for the codes and just spend it on amazon instead of the game), especially when the money has been turned into a PSC code already anyway. Just a heads up in case you didnt know already ;) Havent seen something like that openly in PoE yet but atleast via d2jsp things like that are happening anyway.

The bright side: The more quitters from these game you can acquire to play PoE the more psc transaction via your own store you will get to see because people treat it just like the damn 16-digit code it is instead of money, although they just spent their money getting that code. (And quitters from other games care even less because it was not their money for the code in the first place ...)

pro-tip: if you ever encounter discussions about playstation controllers in world chat it might not actually be about gamepads for a gaming console ;)

IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Last edited by Yoman on May 14, 2013, 1:50:22 AM
I don't see that happening here, since as far as i know psc can neither be password protected anymore, nor can foreign cards be traded for native Amazon Vouchers. So there is no way to protect them longer than a few seconds anymore.
The Mypaysavecard-service has also been completly disabled - there was too much shady stuff going on the past years, so they disabled most of the features supporting it.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on May 14, 2013, 2:07:36 AM
nice
ign: yolo_nofear
Last edited by Dorrmenyk on Jul 14, 2013, 1:29:08 AM
"
gesichtspalme wrote:
That's just too late for me..

We were asking for this since way back in closed beta and you never reacted with any kind of status update. You just kept ignoring every thread asking about news on paysafecards.

GGG anounced during the Closed Beta Phase, that they work on PSC Support. They offered everyone who is interested in a Closed Beta Pack to get on a special list http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/59652 so where have you been if you are here since Closed Beta?

My Question to Chris: How is this gonna be handeled to receive a Closed Beta Pack?

Last edited by Smokah on May 14, 2013, 2:30:04 AM
"
Smokah wrote:

My Question to Chris: How is this gonna be handeled to receive a Closed Beta Pack?

At the end of Closed Beta it was apparent that we wouldn't have paysafecard ready in time. We asked people who didn't want to miss out on a Closed Beta pack (because they would pay with paysafecard if they could) to put themselves on a list. We put enough packs aside for those people. We are now contacting them to see if they're still interested in receiving their pack.
Chris, could you lower the prices according to the Paysafecard transaction fees and EUR/USD currency ratios (they have a conversion calculator on their site)? If you buy a 15€ card, 0.06€ are missing for the 20$. But if you sell it for e.g. 19.90$ it would work.

Edit: The other idea would be to sell directly in € Values so that we can spend the whole cards.
Last edited by Schmackbolzen on May 14, 2013, 2:52:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info