/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

Stormcaller Armour Pack 26% off - 310 points.

Hoping for Gruest as act 7 boss.
IRON MAN
Battery Back Attachment 26% off - 220 points.
IRON MAN
Infernal Axe 30% off - 140 points.
IRON MAN
Infernal Footprints 41% off - 70 points.

i got sooo many footprints...
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
Infernal Footprints 41% off - 70 points.

i got sooo many footprints...

Nice addition to my infernal splurge.

On the bright side, you got sooo many.

Ebony Weapon effect 45% off - 65 points.
IRON MAN
Yaksha Shield 35% off - 130 points.
IRON MAN
"
Dreggon wrote:
unfortunately it upgraded tabs 6 through 10, which are not the tabs i wanted upgraded

Several years ago GGG made a change to how newly purchased stash tabs get activated that instigated a flood of forum rage posts with me (Arrowneous) flaming loudly to GGG. Before the change, any stash tab purchases were added as new tabs at the end of all the current tabs you have. Nice and simple and all tabs are 100% empty. After the change the new stash tabs are activated first by taking any Remove Only tabs you have and converting them to full use tabs before adding any new tabs at the end.

So let's say you have 20 Remove Only tabs in your Standard League stash (from previous challenge leagues) and buy a 6 pack bundle on the weekend stash tab sale. You think "great, 6 new tabs to fill with items". BUZZ... Wrong! The tabs are activated by taking 6 Remove Only tabs and converting them to full use tabs. That immediately brings up the questions "but which 6 RO tabs are going to be converted? Do I get to choose which 6 are converted?" No and No. GGG and their "all things RNG" thinking does not allow us to choose which RO tabs are converted but instead just RNG picks 6 RO tabs and converts them to full use tabs. But wait a minute GGG, I'm paying you for a 6 pack bundle so I should get 6 x 144 = 864 more of stash space but in truth I'm getting much less because you (GGG) are arbitrarily randomly picking 6 of my RO tabs and converting them to full use. Some could be up to 100% full from a consolidation of tabs at the end of a challenge league to reduce the total number of Remove Only tabs that are added to standard as part of the normal challenge league end stash migration. Some of the tabs could be mostly empty but in the end you get fewer (and it could be much fewer) than 864 additional new storage space.

For GGG this is great. They sell more stash tab bundles and we get cheated out of the total of storage space we actually can use. We are getting ripped off, hence the huge flame posts over this change years ago. GGG tried to BS their way out of this by stating that there was some kind of technical problem with the way race challenge league tabs migrated over to standard and this was the only way they could fix the problem. I don't and never will buy that load of BS because where and how do newly purchased stash tabs get activated if you have 0 Remove Only tabs. If you have no RO tabs to convert then the 6 new tabs (or whatever number of new stash tabs you just purchased) have to be added and thus they will all be 100% empty. At the time of the flame posts over this change some players chimed in that GGG was doing this as a convenience to alleviate the need to manually have to move items from a Remove Only tab to one of the new full use tabs. Some players said "look, my saved gear from the challenge league is now in a full use tab so no extra item moving work is needed". This would be acceptable if and only if GGG gave us the ability to pick which of the Remove Only tabs get converted. But that is another QoL that is "conveniently" missing from PoE (another coding job that will never ever get any priority) and thus the specific RO tab that is "converted" to a regular tab is RNG chosen.

GGG chose (as they always do) to remain silent and eventually the shit storm of complaint posts over "converted remove only tabs" instead of "added tabs" would die out, and it eventually did, but this change was and still is a major sore spot for me and many players.

Edit: The current solution is to buy quad-stash tabs and then there isn't any way GGG can convert 4 Remove Only tabs so the new tab has to be added and guaranteed to be 100% empty.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 3, 2017, 4:36:29 PM
It's been another 3 weeks so the 10 types of stash tab bundles sale is upon us again.

I'm finally maxing out my Standard League storage space and am in the unwanted position of having to end my mtx boycott over the whole "ADDED" verses "CONVERTED" on stash tab activation (read my previous post) or be forced to start vendoring off some of my unique gear. After 4 years of playing PoE the main way I get value for my time played is seeing all the unique gear I have in my stash. Even though I know that I'll never ever use it all (like who needs multiples of leveling uniques) is beside the point but other than the "vendor 5 uniques" prophecy which requires me to sell 5 to complete it I like to accumulate uniques in the same way people collect trophies for sports they are very good at. Thus I have many, many tabs of uniques that I want to keep forever and have no more room for new ones I find.

Sadly, GGG hasn't fixed trade yet (another reason I am boycotting any mtx) and I'm out of Standard League stash space. Damn it GGG, trade chat and the whole "seller is AFK" 99.99% of the time is pure garbage crap for us to have to deal with. Give us the option to just pay the B/O price. I don't give a f'cking rats ass about interacting with the seller in 1 on 1 trading and with the "seller is AFK" or getting no response at all from a seller, which is understandable on any items that are only a chaos or 2 since it's not worth the time and effort to stop playing to conduct the trade, this is severely broken. Trade chat with direct 1 on 1 seller/buyer interaction my have looked good on paper 5 years ago but with today's PoE and millions of players this archaic method of buying and selling has got to go.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 2, 2017, 2:41:39 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
It's been another 3 weeks so the 10 types of stash tab bundles sale is upon us again.

I'm finally maxing out my Standard League storage space and am in the unwanted position of having to end my mtx boycott over the whole "ADDED" verses "CONVERTED" on stash tab activation (read my previous post) or be forced to start vendoring off some of my unique gear. After 4 years of playing PoE the main way I get value for my time played is seeing all the unique gear I have in my stash. Even though I know that I'll never ever use it all (like who needs multiples of leveling uniques) is beside the point but other than the "vendor 5 uniques" prophecy which requires me to sell 5 to complete it I like to accumulate uniques in the same way people collect trophies for sports they are very good at. Thus I have many, many tabs of uniques that I want to keep forever and have no more room for new ones I find.

Sadly, GGG hasn't fixed trade yet (another reason I am boycotting any mtx) and I'm out of Standard League stash space. Damn it GGG, trade chat and the whole "seller is AFK" 99.99% of the time is pure garbage crap for us to have to deal with. Give us the option to just pay the B/O price. I don't give a f'cking rats ass about interacting with the seller in 1 on 1 trading and with the "seller is AFK" or getting no response at all from a seller, which is understandable on any items that are only a chaos or 2 since it's not worth the time and effort to stop playing to conduct the trade, this is severely broken. Trade chat with direct 1 on 1 seller/buyer interaction my have looked good on paper 5 years ago but with today's PoE and millions of players this archaic method of buying and selling has got to go.

...this guy fo' real?

Take my advice, look very objectively upon how the tabs really work, take a while to think about it, and then read your post again. You should find exactly what I'm seeing when I read it, so you can delete it shortly after.

If you can't figure it out, I'll explain in full detail when I get home.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info