0.10.7b Patch Notes

Area Seed - this one I'm preety sure, as a programmer, that it removes the random aspect of map generation, so in essence, everyone in the race would have the same map areas. It would be interesting how removing some aspects of RNG would impact gameplay.
I think the area seed is actually pretty easy to guess. The seed is just a random number that is used to create the random areas. So if you have fixed seed it just mean that every time you reset the instance you get the same map layout. What I don't know if the "seed" will be per player/party or global. I think it will be fun it it were global so when you race you can look at kripps or whoever is first stream and you'll know where everything is :). At least that's what I think the seed league is. It just seems right from a programming point of view.
edit : I guess great minds think alike. Fabio posted the same think at the same minute as me :)
Last edited by ronindreamer on Apr 26, 2013, 2:05:50 PM
"
Fb62 wrote:
Immolation - guessing burning patches all over. Famine - reduced iiq/iir, maybe no buying?. The area one?? I have no idea. Do we join random places instead of terrace-mud flat-etc?

Famine will not be "no drops" It might be no vendors though.
i think famine where you can only get currency drops would make vendors suddenly a lot more interesting to use. also you could keep doing your stuff without ever having to go back to town.
Many people put out good guesses for the 3 new types. My guesses are:

Immolation: Burning Ground. (Easiest to implement, and would go along nicely with this patch, as the burning ground fps drop is what probably prevented them from making races with it to begin with.)

Famine: Returning to town does not refill flasks. (This has been requested several times.)

Fixed Area Seed: Every instance of the same area for every player is the same, there is less luck in determining who wins that race. (This would be great for short-length races.)

I still wonder when the full-clear reward spots at races are going to change from only Medicine Chest, Fetid Pool, Grandaddy Crab, and Ship Graveyard. Seriously, for the 2 or 3 hour races, why not add in Weaver's Chambers, Cave, Dread Thicket, Catacombs, etc.? It seems silly that after you get to Act 2, there are no more potential "side quest" full clear spots.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Chris wrote:

[li]Three new league types have been added that will appear in the third week of Season Two. These are called "Immolation", "Famine" and "Fixed Area Seed".[/li]

Are these Perm leagues or are these new race league types?

Either way Im excited to try them, but I hope the are permanent
"
legolaptop wrote:
I don't personally use Tempest Shield but I'm assuming it was changed in closed beta because of the buff received when changing zones as you could become immune to damage yet still reflect a whole bunch to attackers. Now that the mobs can't even target you would they change Tempest Shield so that you don't have to recast it every zone?

+1 to this

Also my guesses for 3 leagues are :
Immolation - Enemies all explode in the way those dogs do in prisoners gate.
Famine - No Non-currency drops
Fixed seed - No Instance resetting/identical instances for everyone.
"
MoonSoshi9 wrote:
Thank you for fixing the elemental proliferation exploit.

yep that is awesome guys keep up the good work
Three new league types have been added that will appear in the third week of Season Two. These are called "Immolation", "Famine" and "Fixed Area Seed".

what is it ???
Three new league types have been added that will appear in the third week of Season Two. These are called "Immolation", "Famine" and "Fixed Area Seed".

we need more info please !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info