Why D4 will eventually win the arpg war. Thoughts from 20 years veteran

"
Pashid wrote:
The real winner is KFC hoho
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
ShiyoKozuki wrote:
D4 is just a D3 2.0..
Their end game is worse rifts and copy/pasted GRs, even the ui is the GR UI!

That is slander to D3. D4 is like D3 0.5
"
XVIHAMMERXVI wrote:
This game can't survive long term without console and we frankly are not happy.

How is a game over a decade old and STILL releasing new content not 'surviving long term'.

PoE is almost as old as the time between D2 and D3 (Just about a one year difference at this point). That's INSANE staying power for a game that's never sold a single copy.
One day late on posting this OP.
Bump your post as many times as you want. Its not like the Devs are changing anything your way anyways.

Generic I'm quitting/uninstalling post. Comes back to the game and none of the things they whined about changed their way. Only to whine about even more things.
"
"
XVIHAMMERXVI wrote:
This game can't survive long term without console and we frankly are not happy.

How is a game over a decade old and STILL releasing new content not 'surviving long term'.

PoE is almost as old as the time between D2 and D3 (Just about a one year difference at this point). That's INSANE staying power for a game that's never sold a single copy.

Don't take any thread in this forum seriously. once a while these threads poping in .

I wonder how fun i would be playing D2 in PS2. Except it never exists.

Born 20 y/o is different from real old vet playing Titan Quest or D2 in PC, not in console.

Everyone knew console port of POE is terrible so that a lot of people switch back to PC and pay the price of buying mtx again.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 4, 2024, 1:11:09 AM
"
wickedmaki wrote:
"
Zebedin wrote:
we know it allright ?

but poe is for elites who like to think more than just slay demons

Yea we saw that when Lilith was not cheesed.

None of your "PoE" elites managed to kill her but ONLY Ben (cheese first) and Alkaizer.
Rest of the "elites" gave up after 50 attempts, they're used to zoomzoom oneshots and loot.

So don't come here and talk bull thank you.

PoE is not for elites, is for people without a proper life and those whom can play 12+ hours/day.

Still doesn't really make D4 good though, unfortunately.
Last edited by DeepAlchemist on Apr 3, 2024, 11:22:01 PM
"
XVIHAMMERXVI wrote:
I love path of exile. I just started playing it recently. I play on xbox. But the problem it has is that it's not intuitive enough for most people, it has no crossplay, and console players the biggest market have been all but cared about. We have to pay 4x the price for things while Timmy deep pockets rmts his currency on pc. Diablo has been crossplay since the jump.

Meanwhile GGG is still dragging their behinds trying to figure out if it's something they really wanna do. And even navigating simple menus and loot on console is atrocious. This game can't survive long term without console and we frankly are not happy. Something has to change in the mindset of GGG. Actually give a damn about us.

Your premise is ludicrous. D4 would need to hire David Brevik to do a full loot redesign I think to ever be relevant to hard core gamer ARPG fans. If you're talking about making the most money well phone games win that war so who gives a fuck.

The war to be the most replayable most captivating ARPG is currently being won by a mile by POE and Last Epoch bringing up distant second.

Diablo 3 is a dead meme but is a better game than D4 is. D4 needs open heart surgery to compete for hard core gamers (to literally put a heart into that Frankenstein).

Seriously I want POE to have deeper competition so GGG will fix long standing design mistakes like Time Til Death. But D4 is a shitty game its design compromised for the dumbest possible (widest) audience;

Its loot is not interesting or compelling a cardinal sin for an ARPG
It has shit feeling progression in fact a complete lack of it it feels the same at level 20 and 50 as it does at 70.
It has a shit end game because you've been doing the same thing at all points.
Shit build crafting, complete lack of it in fact.
Run by a shit company that only cares about making the most money possible run by money people not gamers.
Developed with B tier Dev's who've mostly never made good games (nearly all the people who made great Blizzard games work elsewhere now)
The Dev's who work on it do not understand the genre. and the company wide vanity kept them from learning POE's lessons. It even kept them from using great D2 ideas that would have made D4 magnitudes better (Loot and progression)

Did anyone else see Joe Shelly come on the last "campfire chat" and try to sell gamers on the idea of D4 being a "SARPG"? LOL. So he's clearly been told by some clueless marketing drone to "push the idea that D4 is a SYSTEMS ARPG because we like the sound of that" He been told to sell this dumb fucking idea and you can see it in his body language and every cringe he does as he tries to sound like he's not repeating the dumbest shit he's ever had to say in front of an audience... That he only appeared to try and pitch this is even mor cemented in because right afterward he leaves off camera. Holy shit the hubris.

The people who think they get to just rename the Genre to "SARPG" DO NOT HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO MAKE A DEEP REPLAYABLE ARPG.

Trust me GGG has only their own mistakes to fear (not learning from them AKA Melee and Time til death balance) and Hubris to worry about until Last Epoch or someone else comes up with something that actually rivals POE. As much as I might wish otherwise and I often do.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Apr 4, 2024, 2:12:53 AM
lol
S L O W E R
LMAO.

D4 released so horribly it lost 90% of its player base in a month. It has the depth of minecraft dungeons (assuming it still does). I very much dislike saying that because like many others here, I waited a decade for the game. If you are on the board of directors, sure then, D4 won. The player base feels the polar opposite.

You really think consoles are the make it or break it for PoE? Are you new? PC players will always be the target audience, console players have no clue just how gimped their version is. If instilling orbs didn't exist, the game would be damn near unplayable at a high level.

LE outclasses D4 in all the ways that are important to people who love this genre. If graphics are the end all, sure D4 is killing it. Its the hot blonde with the iq of a doormat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info