Why D4 will eventually win the arpg war. Thoughts from 20 years veteran

"
ZenJelly wrote:
This is a great example that being 20 year vet of anything doesn't equate to 20 years of wisdom.

100% this. Whenever I see someone use "I played this game for 10k hours" as a call to authority I instantly roll my eyes
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Define "win"!?

I mean, as long as they use the Diablo IP to publish a game on PC, they are bound to "win" when it comes to player count. That's just how it is, people are shallow in that regard. Does it matter for PoE? Not really. It matters for the Diablo franchise, as they can keep rolling out crap, over and over again - and still "win".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I prefer POE a thousand times over D4. But I have to agree that playing POE on consoles is regrettable and painful. D4 is much more practical and enjoyable.
Diablo 4 won't win, because Blizzard is now more focused on milk the player base than make a good game. On the first year out this game has been reworked so many times because developers don´t know what they're doing and just copy from other games. Lack of vision here.

Neither will win PoE, that got worse on every league. They keep adding things to a game where 99% of the content (skills, items, mechanincs,..) are useless. Too many vision here.

My bets are on:
- PoE2. The developers learn from they mistakes on PoE and the reworked gem system and gameplay looks amazing.
- Last Epoch. The Arpg i'm having more fun right now, need see how will evolve.
- No rest for the Wicked. This game will be on open beta in 2 weeks and is a mix between classic Arpg and souls. The combat system proposal looks more interesting than the current one (smash buttons) and could be a revolution on the genere.
"
ZenJelly wrote:
This is a great example that being 20 year vet of anything doesn't equate to 20 years of wisdom.

100%

Same analogy as people who have a college degree equate that to being smarter than those that don't have one.
A piece of paper doesn't make one smart.
Por que no los dos?
Ill be playing PoE2, PoE1 and D4, deal with it.
IGN: Ziggro
"
Phrazz wrote:
That's just how it is, people are shallow in that regard

Really? This comes off so poorly.

Will the PoE2 enjoyers be "shallow" too? Or do you have some sort of algorithm for calculations on player "shallowness" you can share?

You are better than this Phrazz. D4 might not be your jam, that's cool, but let's not project too much on everyone else. How would you even explain those that like both games for example, or any game that doesn't quite live up to your PoE expectations?

Diablo players are not "shallow", they just don't apparently value exactly what you value. This isnt even remotely a negative thing in context.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Phrazz wrote:
Define "win"!?

Sure.

Since they are both are still alive and kicking, I would think this is a prediction from the point who will last longer.

My money would be on Blizzard to outlive GGG.
"
ziggro wrote:
Ill be playing PoE2, PoE1 and D4, deal with it.

I'll add Last Epoch to that list.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info