Why D4 will eventually win the arpg war. Thoughts from 20 years veteran

I love path of exile. I just started playing it recently. I play on xbox. But the problem it has is that it's not intuitive enough for most people, it has no crossplay, and console players the biggest market have been all but cared about. We have to pay 4x the price for things while Timmy deep pockets rmts his currency on pc. Diablo has been crossplay since the jump.

Meanwhile GGG is still dragging their behinds trying to figure out if it's something they really wanna do. And even navigating simple menus and loot on console is atrocious. This game can't survive long term without console and we frankly are not happy. Something has to change in the mindset of GGG. Actually give a damn about us.
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2024, 6:59:55 PM
D4 won the war the day it released; it's a behemoth, nobody else is competing in the same league.

That doesn't mean PoE isn't objectively a better game for those who play it. D4 just has a wildly higher advertising budget, more ways to push users into the game and a deeply seeded IP to draw from. It was never a competition any competitor expected to "win" outright.
we know it allright ?

but poe is for elites who like to think more than just slay demons
D4 has proved to be a huge shit show, but even if my opinion is false, what matters is that it has not impacted PoE in any negative way and PoE has not lost player count despite some doomsayers claiming that PoE player count will be completely dry for months or even years after D4 release.
I feel like being in a creative industry and setting yourself the goal of "winning a war" would be a huge mistake. Let the Activisions of the world have their bland popularity, it's fine.
POE is 20 year old?!
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Myself and a lot of other people first tried POE because of the state of D4. Not everyone that came over has stayed of course, but many like me were instantly hooked. With POE2 coming sooner rather than later, who knows.
ᛁᚾ ᛟᛞᛁᚾ ᚹᛖ ᛏᚱᚢᛊᛏ
Last edited by ooVIDAR on Apr 3, 2024, 7:08:19 AM
Also, Diablo 2 console exists 20 year ago? WOW.
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
Last edited by neohongkong on Apr 3, 2024, 9:54:44 PM
This is a great example that being 20 year vet of anything doesn't equate to 20 years of wisdom.
My dude, Blizzard will release Diablo 5 before Diablo 4 becomes good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info