Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

Can you do the same thing from inventory to currency stashes?
wow, this is good!
"
TizeNO wrote:
"
steel_burn wrote:
"
ekopalm wrote:

Skip if you hate essays:

I'll be honest with you. I'm in agreement that leveling is super boring sometimes. Doing it in 4 to 5 hours doesn't make it better or enjoyable. Although recently I've had time to play. I don't normally have a lot of time to play. So that 4 hours times 2 or 3 characters is actually painful as hell. It's not fun having 20 build ideas and then only getting to do 3 or 4 and i kind of have to kill myself to get all 4 in a league in terms of my schedule. honestly, 15 less hours leveling could be a 5th character I commit to in a league. A lot of my time on new characters is exploring and testing some mechanics on whether i like or don't like so it's already a bit of a time sink. Or if it's a much more fun 15 hours I can...you know, I guess what I'm really saying is. If I'm going to keep leveling new characters, to be honest, I might as well play and put my money into other games. That's my personal point and it's something I think a lot more people think about than actually participate in these forums. If I'm starting a new character and Have to level it, I'm going to likely level a character in a different game from this point forward. It doesn't make sense anymore. It's not 1992. People have more convenience and better quality in some areas of arpg's than this game offers and if they don't start taking QoL far more seriously, we will never have new players again and it will just be all of the bitter arguers like you and I. I'm tired of of not have new players stick out this game. I'm sick and tired of it. I don't think GGG are bad. I just think they have been putting their efforts in areas that don't retain long term players for a month or more per league. It isn't happening the way other games are pulling it off the past 2 years.

Couldn't agree more. This was my first PoE league, and after the 2nd char I couldn't be asked to do it again for the 3rd time; and mind you the campaign is stil fresh for me and I do actually like it (still). GGG really needs to think about this if they really want ppl to play in the league for a longer time to experiment with builds etc.

And you think having no campaign will get poe more new players?? Hahaha so delusional, luckily both of you are not game directors. Play mobile tetris if you don't wanna commit your time.

Aaa, the typical elitist reply, does not really understand what the other people wrote, does not care. "go play tetris noob"
New Currency Trading looks hot, but do SSF players get no item management QoL?
wraeclast.pl - Polish info hub
"
ekopalm wrote:
"
gruumine wrote:
"
GoldShark wrote:
you guys really don't understand what makes making secondary characters feel bad do you. nobody cares about spending 2 extra seconds to get pantheons on a secondary character. I hate running the campaign that i never liked even the first time for the 500th time. just let us level with infinite delve atleast then there is some excitement and entertainment during leveling rather than a slog that im sleeping through and makes me only want to play one character per league.

Actually, it’s all of the above combined that is bad.. ( include lab runs in the list as well ).

Everyone is okay with “just lvling” “just lab” “just pantheons” “just …” Once you combine all of them as something you need to do on 2nd, 3rd and 4th char, you just stop enjoying the process.

Skip if you hate essays:

I'll be honest with you. I'm in agreement that leveling is super boring sometimes. Doing it in 4 to 5 hours doesn't make it better or enjoyable. Although recently I've had time to play. I don't normally have a lot of time to play. So that 4 hours times 2 or 3 characters is actually painful as hell. It's not fun having 20 build ideas and then only getting to do 3 or 4 and i kind of have to kill myself to get all 4 in a league in terms of my schedule. honestly, 15 less hours leveling could be a 5th character I commit to in a league. A lot of my time on new characters is exploring and testing some mechanics on whether i like or don't like so it's already a bit of a time sink. Or if it's a much more fun 15 hours I can...you know, I guess what I'm really saying is. If I'm going to keep leveling new characters, to be honest, I might as well play and put my money into other games. That's my personal point and it's something I think a lot more people think about than actually participate in these forums. If I'm starting a new character and Have to level it, I'm going to likely level a character in a different game from this point forward. It doesn't make sense anymore. It's not 1992. People have more convenience and better quality in some areas of arpg's than this game offers and if they don't start taking QoL far more seriously, we will never have new players again and it will just be all of the bitter arguers like you and I. I'm tired of of not have new players stick out this game. I'm sick and tired of it. I don't think GGG are bad. I just think they have been putting their efforts in areas that don't retain long term players for a month or more per league. It isn't happening the way other games are pulling it off the past 2 years.

What is it so bad about campaign that throws you off, is it really campaign issue?

So in a game that is focused about character growth and progression, we want to skip certain parts of it?

Would say it's a mindset issue, as you have your goals and when you have your goals, no matter what design game have it will be always tedium and "outdated" design as you aren't playing a game but doing checklist from start of game till desired point and that desired point is not set in stone for all players, so we get "i wanna skip this, i wanna get that, instant Ascendencies, 115/115, why i need to farm keys for Bosses, why i can't play current patch with my old character and so on".

Are you really approaching game same as in a different game to start new character, ain't there a little bit of cheesing with prepared gear and your expectations?

I am just curious is there 1 game that have skip "part" of game and is growing, new players are coming in and they "hey" there is skip button, oh here you are here is you gear, 70 skill points, a lot of skills and you need to play appropriate to a location your going in.

Than why it's complicated/easy, well f this will go and complain on forum/paly other game that has more meaningful character progression.

It's exactly that excludes new players instantly and if someone wants to learn about game, he won't see new players to play with, no no you'll get "Elitism" at it's peak from players that "This Qol" made game better, while game is at stagnation and if they "missplay" oh well bb game company, game is irrelevant. Won't even mention how it will F up economy and certain players that do enjoy certain content, and about player behavior in game.
Last edited by ArtaEva on Mar 12, 2024, 5:16:40 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
"
steel_burn wrote:

Couldn't agree more. This was my first PoE league, and after the 2nd char I couldn't be asked to do it again for the 3rd time; and mind you the campaign is stil fresh for me and I do actually like it (still). GGG really needs to think about this if they really want ppl to play in the league for a longer time to experiment with builds etc.

And you think having no campaign will get poe more new players?? Hahaha so delusional, luckily both of you are not game directors. Play mobile tetris if you don't wanna commit your time.

Aaa, the typical elitist reply, does not really understand what the other people wrote, does not care. "go play tetris noob"

For those that want to do only campaign once per league, how would you handle this in HC?
Some people are not able to beat the campaign without dying, this could be a "way too easy" shortcut for squichy characters.
Also there's the matter of the gear, if you finish acts on melee then make a reroll on ranger what gear do you start with? How do you even start mapping with a character that didn't go through the acts process to aquire a setup (gear + leveled gems + tree) that is playable?
I think alternate campaigns or leveling process could be cool for a change but there has to be something, it shouldn't be instant lvl 70.

In a way if you only want to test out some builds you could do that in standard, level one character per class and redo the tree + gear then you don't need to do acts. I think once you find a build you like you can commit to it for the league and play it for a long time.
Or maybe we could have a standalone sandbox just to test builds that wouldn't require to actually gear ingame?
Last edited by demon7310 on Mar 12, 2024, 7:41:25 AM
tbh (at least) the first two teasers have been really disappointing
thanks for pathion upgrade, i normally just ignore it because its to tedious to do for every guy, i just omit them from my build as an non needed extra.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by maxtraxv3 on Mar 12, 2024, 8:27:19 AM
"
Tuomari wrote:
tbh (at least) the first two teasers have been really disappointing

Rly?? The first 2 teasers are showing that GGG is listening to the community and implement features accordingly. Both was asked many times and not implemented yet. Nice to see that they are now getting implemented.
"
Nosferat wrote:
"
TizeNO wrote:
"
steel_burn wrote:

For those that want to do only campaign once per league, how would you handle this in HC?
Some people are not able to beat the campaign without dying, this could be a "way too easy" shortcut for squichy characters.
Also there's the matter of the gear, if you finish acts on melee then make a reroll on ranger what gear do you start with? How do you even start mapping with a character that didn't go through the acts process to aquire a setup (gear + leveled gems + tree) that is playable?
I think alternate campaigns or leveling process could be cool for a change but there has to be something, it shouldn't be instant lvl 70.

In a way if you only want to test out some builds you could do that in standard, level one character per class and redo the tree + gear then you don't need to do acts. I think once you find a build you like you can commit to it for the league and play it for a long time.
Or maybe we could have a standalone sandbox just to test builds that wouldn't require to actually gear ingame?

This is the only time I will say that this is something that Diablo 3 handles a lot better than POE. In diablo 3 you do the campaign once, and then you unlock adventure mode which is essentially just doing bounties etc until you can make it into the "end game" of diablo. They could do this easily, just have T1 maps scale down to the characters level. As of right now making new characters is painful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info