[3.23] Chieftain + Warlock = THE GIGA EXPLODER! MF in T16 maps on a 1.5d budget!

Cool build idea, was looking for a build thats actually using the warlock ascendancy, so looking forward to trying it!

Maybe it's worth linking to Pohx RF guide for leveling purposes, given I already saw a few people asking about it.

Its just a few points that have to be reskilled later, so its not too much work or too complicated to switch around.
I started a classic RF/FT in RSSF, the build is fun and clears well, main issue is bossing, so that's how I ended up here(budget pob)

Utilizing the penance brand seems like an option, however it seems the phantasms spawn outside the RF's aoe

are you using vaal souls ravenous for anything?

Do the phantasms have 41k life as entered in the POB?

Any tips for making this more RSSF friendly would be welcomed too
"
youkai42 wrote:
Cool build idea, was looking for a build thats actually using the warlock ascendancy, so looking forward to trying it!

Maybe it's worth linking to Pohx RF guide for leveling purposes, given I already saw a few people asking about it.

Its just a few points that have to be reskilled later, so its not too much work or too complicated to switch around.

Yes, Pohx leveling guide or RF in general is perfect for leveling this build. I will add it, when I find time. Not sure if he has something for Chieftain up (yet!?).

"
snowmittens wrote:
I started a classic RF/FT in RSSF, the build is fun and clears well, main issue is bossing, so that's how I ended up here(budget pob)

Utilizing the penance brand seems like an option, however it seems the phantasms spawn outside the RF's aoe

are you using vaal souls ravenous for anything?

Do the phantasms have 41k life as entered in the POB?

Any tips for making this more RSSF friendly would be welcomed too

RSSF is ruthless I assume?!
Phew .. that's a hard one. I have no experience with it.

Make sure you try to kill the phantasms with Incinerate and RF. You don't have Frostblink, right? Else you need to use it to reposition yourself constantly.

What I implemented lately is the Fire Mastery that refreshes Ignites on crit. Use increased critical strikes with your incinerate and hold it down at the single-target once an explosion hit. It should keep up the ignite mostly.

poedb lists 83 phantasms as 41600 life (https://poedb.tw/us/Shackled_Phantasm). I am not sure if this is correct, but I did a run on a white minotaur map and tried to calculate the real dps of the ignite - and that one suggests that the life may be even higher.

The mark states that the Phantasms are the same level as the monster they are spawned by. So, it should even be +2 in case of a unique. Those numbers are taken from poedb.

83 (t16 whites): 41,622
84 (t16 magics): 45,884
85 (t16 uniques/rares): 50,509
86 (pinnacles): 55,763
87 (ubers): 61,212

The wiki states the phantasms life as 20k, which clearly is wrong! 20k was said in a preview interview somewhere, but that does not seem to be the case.
Hey nice build.
You can take a look at my take of this build. I am farming ultimatum harbingers and strongboxes with it while being semi-afk.
Been using this build for a few days now, quite fun :)
Yep amazing build, was even possible to assemble it on console (all way more expensive but yea...)

Exploding fun is really nice :D

Thanks for sharing!
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Jan 17, 2024, 11:59:45 AM
Im sure i missed something here but, how do you cast Penance Mark? Because you dont cast it manually and from videos i think it looks like aura. thx
"
Duelb0t wrote:
Im sure i missed something here but, how do you cast Penance Mark? Because you dont cast it manually and from videos i think it looks like aura. thx

In the 1.5D budget version video he has it on "W" (has no cooldown) and is casting it when he needs it.

Its the red glyph above the heads of the monsters once it was casted.

Don't mistake it for "penance brand" thats a different skill :D
Last edited by Oo-Zurial on Jan 17, 2024, 4:38:25 PM
How are you triggering penance Mark with J ignite?

I'm running the old build with grey spire still, and wanting to swap to your new RF build.

Just want to understand the mechanics of the auto trigger before I make the jump.
You need to cast it manually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info