[3.23] Chieftain + Warlock = THE GIGA EXPLODER! MF in T16 maps on a 1.5d budget!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the replies!
I‘ve been busy with IRL stuff, so I didn‘t get much free time to Play the Game.

I will Update the Guide today and answer all of the unanswered questions. The Build did evolve quite a bit since its‘ last iteration, which solves a lot of the issues you bring up here. I‘ll hurry up and get to work on it now!
I'm currently using the build and it's been a lot of fun! I'm trying the MF version but i have difficulties to setup juiced maps. I also happened to get OS sometimes without knowing why.

Btw as someone suggest it in early pages, it is the less effect of curses that makes the phantasms to not spawn.
Last edited by Tirlipop on Feb 11, 2024, 3:31:49 AM
hello! im suing this build, its very good!
still waitng setups for mageblood or headhunter))

And what to do with simulacrums, it lives only till 25 wave =(

Tried to change boots to "legaсy of fury" and shield to "dawnbreaker", explosions become nicer, packs of mobs cleared so faster, but solo target damage is so poor =(

bosses what spawning on 25 wave is sooo strong xD
Tryed firetraps with 6L"The searing torch"

(fire traps—awakened burning damage—combustion—concecrated effect—trap and mine damage—empower)

bossees started to take damage)) BUT where to put auras?) xD

Setups for simulacrs need more some armor(used armor flask on mageblood, it helps a bit, but not very)

i thought how to add in build "petrified blood"?

And will "progenesis" be good for build?

After trying the uber Exarch i came to the conclusion that i absolutly can't tank his attack, especially the annihilation one that he cast every 3 secondes x)

I think i lack in tankiness, do you mind checking my pob and telling me if there is something wrong in it ? https://pobb.in/YWcWoLF8Oqu-

Also, how do you calculate the ennemy life ? I put the same as you in the pob but i actually have no idea.

Thanks again for this build !

Edit: Ah i forgot to equip the ralakesh, may have help xD
Last edited by Tirlipop on Feb 12, 2024, 3:41:00 AM
Ever thought of trying vaal breach with this build? Would it work more consistently with the constant wave of mobs?
Thoughts on this build in running it:

Uber shaper: not doable unless running dawnbreaker, tempered by war and sublime vision PoF, 40% cold pen means the uber shaper kills you in a single barrage cast every time and you can't stand still long enough to trigger an explosion to ignite him with anything approaching reliablity. 100% elemental taken as fire lets you dodge the pen but dawnbreaker instead of rise makes it a lot harder to properly cap your resists and tempered by war makes taste of hate suicidal, on the plus side once you're there you're even closer to invulnerable.

Better bossing tools than just a rare ring: replica emberwake, it does cut the duration of the ignite to about 2.5 seconds but it boosts the dps of the build into good boss melting range at about 20 to 25 million dps. After a little more bossing with replica emberwake, its very luck dependent, if you are at least moderately lucky and get a decent number of hinekora's procs is a huge dps boost but if you're as unlucky as I am it actually drags out fights by reducing the damage of each ignite, running it is very much a how lucky do you feel question.

Legacy of Fury: really good for delve since it makes it a lot easier to chain an explosion through the somewhat sparsely populated corridors but its not needed anywhere else, its easy enough to trigger a chain of hinekora procs to wipe almost anything in normal mapping and scorch getting reflected back at you can be a serious problem from eater altars, its also not very useful vs bosses because the legacy of fury procs only do chip damage and you're usually going to be standing still so scorch doesn't do anything.

Rare boots with faster ignite implicit: an upgrade over goldwyrm in terms of single target dps and a bit more survivability but if you don't have a mageblood olesyas + ralakesh is definitely better. If you're going dawnbreaker instead of rise I think you need to have +2 max fire resist boots to cap your resists properly unless you're going primalist, at which point its an entirely separate build.

Unyielding vs Unrelenting: unrelenting is a bit better tank wise, it makes it easier to cap your chaos resist and it affords a tiny bit more overall max survivability, Unyielding by comparison offers a bunch more damage and a chunk of increased aoe, which makes it significantly easier to chain a line of hinekora's fury explosions and ignites across the edge of a breach or the area covered by an abyss. Unyielding makes it even harder to not accidentally nuke your spire if you get incautious but it does make the rest of mapping much easier.

Vaal Breach: I haven't had a chance to experiment with it but yaomac's weapon swap + Vaal Breach is known chieftan ignite proliferation tech already, it definitely offers a faster way to kill bosses, if you're going to run this I'd recommend comboing it with replica emberwake since with the sheer number of bodies it shouldn't be too hard to refresh the ignite a few times and thus the raw dps is more important then damage per ignite.
Last edited by CarbotZergling123 on Feb 17, 2024, 8:23:25 AM
hi all, thib build will work in 3.24 ?
Looks very interesting. I'll be following this one
Build saved with Cast when Stunned Support: Removed You cannot Cast Supported Triggerable Spells directly?
Wasn't this whole build based around warlock ascendancy that doesn't exist anymore? I could be wrong but this build will not work anymore without some big changes :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info