[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
nethervvoid wrote:
Sorry if this is already posted. Wasn't sure where I'd find it.

Do you need runebinder? We don't need brands to attach to enemies, correct?

Also does increased cast speed make the unload go off faster? Many times I've noticed some of the slowness is how fast the unload actually goes off (unloads 10 stacks).

Here you go:

"
primaeva wrote:
"
FernetB wrote:
"
FernetB wrote:
Hey man! thanks for this awesome build, i am lvl 62 and i'm having a blast with this

I have a question, is Runebinder doing something? because we generate stacks with brand recall and i dont know if is still necesary to spend a point.

Cheers!

Could prim or someone explain me about this please?

Hey! Did I miss this one? I think I explained this in another post and forgot if it covered all, sorry! Here you go:

Spoiler

"
primaeva wrote:
"
dangminh987 wrote:
Hi, having a blast with the build both in game and irl :D. I'm having some question about the build if you don't mind

1. Why are you allocated Runebinder since the brands are recalled every 1s and not actually attached much on enemies?

2. Between Sabo with +1 Power charge/crit multi and Assassin with Perfect Crime forbidden jewel, which would be better if i have currency for them?

3. If i want to sacrifice damage for more tankiness, what would you recommend?

Hey! Great questions! I’m still typing up a mega update which include many of these answers but you can have the goods first :)

1) Why take Runebinder?

This is purely a Bossing / Uber Bossing node, you’re right, it will barely affect mapping. You can drop it if you wish. It’s a MASSIVE boost to our single-target damage as it adds up to 6 more stacks PER SECOND to our BB Unloads.

How does this happen? Our single-target damage actually increases if you recall the brands to near where the boss is. After they “Reload” you, the Brands reattach to the boss, and tick at a rate of 0.34 or so each. This is 3 activations, or 6 BV stacks (and extra hits). Having just one Brand attach and spawn 6-8 more stacks in between your recall CD (1.17-1.34) will really add up.

The build generally does too much damage for this to matter on even regular Pinnacles (Shaper, etc). But on Ubers, there isn’t anything close to damage/point on the tree. If we calculated the worst case scenario it would be roughly…

0:00 1st Full Unload (10x) = 11x damage
0:34 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
0:68 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:02 2x from 1 brand = 3x damage
1:15 Recall + 2nd Unload (10x) =11x damage

Total of 31 hits. Runebinder adds another 6 stacks in there = 37/31 = 19.3% more damage - that’s with wastage! The end result is probably more (especially if you are assassin, with fewer Recalls, it will go up to 30% more damage possibly).

This will vary as you run around the boss / stagger the casts differently. If 3 points would mean you reach another jewel spot or you prefer some juicy 20% increased life, however, go for it!

2) I hate to say this but Assassin’s Mistwalker is so good, the superior version is still definitely Assassin + Perfect Crime. Elusive feels SO GOOD with this many power charges. Sabo is serviceable and SSF friendly, and very budget, still performs admirably, but MIstwalker is hard to put down. (Mistwalker FF aren’t cheap either anyway…)

3) To make it tankier:

As you spotted, drop Runebinder to free up 3 points. Try to reach another jewel socket. Use it for Bloodnotch + Immutable - these are great and not even that expensive.

Play cold convert and run ToH, Atziri's Promise will add a lot of damage AND chaos res as well.

Take out Pain Attunement, and Petrified Blood. Drop Herald of Purity. You’ll have a much bigger tank to react to damage. Use the mana freed up from not using Petrified Blood and make Determination core (reinvest passive points into res efficiency and slip in an Enlighten in there.) Put in Defiance Banner as well.

Start stacking Life + Crit Mult corrupted jewels with a high roll Adorned (I used 131 + 7% life I think to save some dough).

It’s super super important to be animation cancelling BB with Shield Charge for the build to feel good and for it to just feel like a wrecking ball, hope you are already doing that!

(Do share videos and I can include them in our eventual Character Showcase :))

And to see this in action, here is Shaper (regular), full health (72m HP), blowing up in 0.43 seconds. Look VERY CLOSELY at the BV stacks on top left.

This was not Brand Recall at work. It was Runebinder and Arcanist Brands filling up the stacks so I could spam it.

(Also lol that was with Atziri's Promise and Taste of Hate down.)

I don't think cast speed affects the Unload pulses, no. Casting the spell twice does consume the stacks faster, though.

Cast speed does help single target a ton as well. Arcanist Brand attaching scales with cast speed after all, and we have Perfect Crime to double that, and then same reason why Runebinder is in the build - more BV stacks ticking up from plain old Brand Attachment rather than recall. Combine both and the damage defies PoB.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Hello. how may i improve my build?

feeling very squishy with the current setup. just unsure if it is due to some key points i'd missed out? or i basically need more level?
with that being said. i keep dying with the current content which i been doing(white sirius boss farm) now it is very difficult to not die.

currency is not an issues. will it helps if i went for cold conversion now?
think now the main thing is to upgrade slowing while levelling to at least 97 / 98?

i can see the potential of this build and dont mind playing it until the league ends.

https://pobb.in/BDGLrjzXJioG

thank you.
"
Eugene90 wrote:
Hello. how may i improve my build?

feeling very squishy with the current setup. just unsure if it is due to some key points i'd missed out? or i basically need more level?
with that being said. i keep dying with the current content which i been doing(white sirius boss farm) now it is very difficult to not die.

currency is not an issues. will it helps if i went for cold conversion now?
think now the main thing is to upgrade slowing while levelling to at least 97 / 98?

i can see the potential of this build and dont mind playing it until the league ends.

https://pobb.in/BDGLrjzXJioG

thank you.

Bruh. Your elemental resistances are not capped. No matter the build, you need to have capped resistances at 75 each. Even doing this, it will be pretty squishy but at this point a Tier 5 boss could wreck you.

Don't run Concentrated Effect, especially on Impale. Your offense is part of your defense - making the radius smaller lets monsters counterpunch or fire off attacks. The numbers look better but it's going to feel worse.

But yes, after you fix those two things, going cold is going to feel great. Drop Brutality from the links and try Hrimsorrow for a map or two, you'll notice the difference - what you don't kill instantly is frozen, and that means there's no return fire.
"
primaeva wrote:
*Bunch of good stuff*

Thanks! I'm still using frostblink to get around. I'll have to see how shield charge feels instead, if that makes it feel like my guy isn't sluggish during the 10 stack unload.

And thanks about the runebinder info. I'm still using the older tree where it's 1 point, so even though I'm a mapper I think I'll keep it.

--- My updates --
- Using Immutable Force, Bloodnotch, and ES Mastery: Stuns based on 30% ES to get stun immune and some nice life defense
- Using +2AoE gems Utula's Hunger for like 15-20% more deeps
- About to use 55% shock avoid helm, 45% shock avoid jewel, Stormshroud to get elem ailment immune -- Should help a lot
- Remember I'm also sab with mistwalker jewels, so this guy is getting pretty tanky
- Still going with phys instead of cold -- Just feels like too much investment to switch lol

Should be a super beast when I'm done upgrading! Thinking of farming up a mageblood for this baddy. hehe
I quickly got tired of it, almost everything is in the build, but it dies under 3k wisps on a T16 map without mods =)
"
CoolBeaver wrote:
I quickly got tired of it, almost everything is in the build, but it dies under 3k wisps on a T16 map without mods =)

I just did a T16 11k wisp +2 proj abyss map deathless, so you likely have something wrong. Profile is private though, so nobody will be able to tell you. Blood notch + immutable + ES stun mastery helped my tankiness immensely if you want to try that route - I think the main page versions may be more targeted to nuking bosses down?

Anyway, sick build prim, thanks a ton for being so helpful as well.
Last edited by _bro_ on Jan 24, 2024, 6:44:35 PM
"
nethervvoid wrote:
"
primaeva wrote:
*Bunch of good stuff*

Thanks! I'm still using frostblink to get around. I'll have to see how shield charge feels instead, if that makes it feel like my guy isn't sluggish during the 10 stack unload.

And thanks about the runebinder info. I'm still using the older tree where it's 1 point, so even though I'm a mapper I think I'll keep it.

--- My updates --
- Using Immutable Force, Bloodnotch, and ES Mastery: Stuns based on 30% ES to get stun immune and some nice life defense
- Using +2AoE gems Utula's Hunger for like 15-20% more deeps
- About to use 55% shock avoid helm, 45% shock avoid jewel, Stormshroud to get elem ailment immune -- Should help a lot
- Remember I'm also sab with mistwalker jewels, so this guy is getting pretty tanky
- Still going with phys instead of cold -- Just feels like too much investment to switch lol

Should be a super beast when I'm done upgrading! Thinking of farming up a mageblood for this baddy. hehe

Nice! I aim to do some actual deep diving on Runebinder and possibly even Swiftbrand for Uber DESTROYING (imagine compressing 4 full BB x 11casts into 1 second... hngg) and then I think the build's kind of worked out.

Grats on all those updates! Immutable and Bloodnotch seem so good, but I was using ToH and I think the cold interaction kind of nixed it and I wondered why it wasn't working that well! So on Impale version it must do very well for you :D

OMG Forbiddens are back down to 3div and 7 div respectively! Try a respec to Sin? Hahaha (but yeah the 30% CDR is huge QoL).

Good luck witht the farming -- this is DEFINITELY the league for MB!
"
_bro_ wrote:
"
CoolBeaver wrote:

I just did a T16 11k wisp +2 proj abyss map deathless, so you likely have something wrong. Profile is private though, so nobody will be able to tell you. Blood notch + immutable + ES stun mastery helped my tankiness immensely if you want to try that route - I think the main page versions may be more targeted to nuking bosses down?

Anyway, sick build prim, thanks a ton for being so helpful as well.

Haha yeah, 3k white T16 sounds like... I don't know! Maybe they're walking up to mobs and THEN casting Blade Blast. I've actually looked at some people do that (no Shield Charge or Frostblink so they kinda just walk, wait for monsters to spawn, then try to wipe them by standing still and casting, and that alone would expose half the build as it was designed to be mobile.)

Maybe we'll see the profile someday. Thanks for your vote of confidence, and you're right about the main page versions - I think in the future, I'll tune for big eHP/max hit and stop at the 10-20m damage mark, since most people don't need more than that for any activity and dying just seems to be the bigger bugbear.
This build was interesting to say the least. It carried me to 40 challenges with ease. Played the assassin cold convert version.

I had two specs for the build, one focusing on pure damage mainly for uber bosses, one with mageblood, less crit multi, more aoe, defensive auras and a variety of flasks based on the content.

Here is the pob with both specs https://pobb.in/1D6VQOhhrwHV which are far from perfect, but they did the job.

It's definitely not for everyone and the playstyle is peculiar but I had a ton of fun, thank you for the build!
"
HoleintheWall wrote:
"

Oh my god! That's a dream helm that I swore I'd save up for and try with BBoU! Thanks! I had really wanted to try this as a trigger but I had no idea how to scale and sustain rage. Do you mind if I put your entire post in the "Hall of Fame" and also fill in your name in the "Research Questions" page to make it "answered"?

Also, no shot you would try an AoE focused version? (So the blade generation is more flexible)

Sure I don't mind if you repost it.

The helmet is mainly the three suffixes which can be reliably crafted or bought for a reasonable price if not looking for all T1s. Conc effect is done by old school metacrafting. You can also hit increased Aoe support in the same way.

Rage generation is a left click warcry + call to arms + warcry grants rage below 25 rage charm + warcry mastery with 10 minimum power. It is feasible to use generals cry with one charm only but I like enduring cry which requires two of those charms.

For max aoe, I could swap the bonechill for (awakened) increased aoe, go general cry + aoe charm, replace crit clusters with aoe clusters but to fix rage vortex crit, I used something like this chest instead of my current fractured one.

I guess big thing is not having Conc effect on helmet and having aoe instead.
I'll have to look into it just for a showcase.

An update to the Rage Vortex of Berserking CoC Version of this build from 3 weeks ago, I did indeed go for max AoE just for fun :)
https://youtu.be/injOir4aWFY
https://pobb.in/LwZ92CWUWoi2

This is the Mageblood version while maintaining 10APS/52CDR with Level 6 Awakened CoC, 15% CDR with Ascendent Sabo, 12% CDR charm.
Other notable changes:
- Mageblood allows for both Armour and Evasion scaling which is much comfier
- 96% Suppress from Ar/EV gear + charms + quartz flask
- Swapped Ascendent Raider for Sabo - mainly for the CDR.
- Using General Cry with 1 rage charm again - its much smoother than Enduring Cry. I left a 3 link enduring cry setup in pob which I think might be able to get 100% EC uptime for 10pdr/all res. Didn't test it yet but might not be as smooth for rage generation
- 40 life gain on hit with attacks on rings so I can use Awakened Increased AoE on Rage Vortex. Alternatively we can get up to 94 LGoH if that support is used with the rings.
- 5x AoE medium clusters. I think dropping 2 of them is better for the build, 6 skill points can net you a lot of life or other QOL
- Awakened AoE on Blade Blast for big circles. Otherwise PCoC or Crit Multi is an extra ~20% more damage.

Last thing I want to do for this build is use Hinekora's Locks to either exalt Inc AoE or Vaal +1 Max Charges or +2 AoE Gems on the helmet but thats the pipe dream.

Also my final version before switching to Mageblood
https://pobb.in/jwUc8cBZL1LV
Last edited by HoleintheWall on Jan 31, 2024, 6:42:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info