[3.24] 💥💫 The (Arch)Blade Blast Unloader 🗡️🔪🔫 - Screenwide 30m-55m Pinnacle DPS? Say yes to FUN!

"
carebesen wrote:
started this build around 2 weeks ago, reached lvl 100 yesterday and pretty much finished gearing now. it was pure fun and i will keep going for a few more days for sure ;)

https://pobb.in/eYqzUGz9C9Ud

best char I ever played but yes that´s also linked to the ~2.5mirrors invested here. only things left to improve would be insane watchers eye or TWWT and its not really necessary

Googly moogly now those are some PIECES. That ring. Jesus!

Glad to see it did work for you! I'll definitely update this for 3.24 for non-PC stacking builds.

I'm not even afraid of losing damage. It's losing the free 60% attack and cast speed from Frenzies, lol, they feel so good.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
chavil6 wrote:
Hi, thanks for your build, its very fun! Im currently 89 lvl, but die a lot, any ways to be tankier? my pob https://pobb.in/T_JZ_zLitfXO

Hey there, aside from a radical rework the first best steps are to:

1) Put a point into 20% increased life reservation of skills in the Aura Reservation mastery. This will re-enable overleech, making you much less susceptible to DoTs (for 5 seconds anyway).

2) Going cold conversion. This alone means 98% of the mobs you hit can't fight back at all. The other 2% - you'll freeze them long enough to keep your distance and issue another volley of blasts to re-freeze.

Making this build truly tanky would require sacrificing a huge amount of AoE and I feel that is more the identity of the build than anything - at which point other spells may as well be played.

(I'm talking life on every rare, dropping PC stacking, and getting 100% spell suppress, etc.)
Hey, I decided I want to try this build, and do a league start with it.
I've read the thread and most of the replies, and I cannot seem to find any leveling section or tips?

I'm missing info about when I should be switching to the build? What gems do I level with? Any of this type of information would be very much appreciated
Hi!
Decided to put in all info I have so far on lvl 60 of this build for Saboteur
(it’s my first time writing something like this so please be kind)

First of all – it’s not cheap (you’ll see from price in pob), but most important – you can only buy blade blast of unloading (if you have currency and it’s your second or more build and you haven’t got so far in maps in previous builds), this gem itself cost about 15-20 chaos, and you can’t buy from npc or obtain it through quests (only upgrading gem in labyrinth as I understood).

Gems stuff is tricky, but +- as I remember

Spoiler

Somehow from lvl 1 to lvl 8-16 I got with some simple stuff like Arc, Ethereal Knives, some Explosive Trap (something you can get from the start). I’ll write from memory my switching progress (support skills are pain as I didn’t wrote them down) so it can be variable depending on what you got.

I switched to most of the build on level 20 maybe, but Arcanist Brand appears only on lvl 38. So you gonna go with what you find comfortable most til the lvl 20 maybe.

All gem setup is taken from cheap version of Main POB and I was adding them as they were available, so they level up faster.
Gems are written in order of Character level rising.

Weapon
Freezing Pulse (from lvl 1 to lvl 7 I think) with 2 support skills I don’t remember (sorry)...

Setup for Blade blast of Unloading (Body)
[Main Skill] Ethereal knives (from lvl 1 to lvl 16-20) --- Blade blast of unloading (from lvl 16-20)
[Support] Increased Critical Strikes (from lvl 8)
[Support] Arcane Surge ( from lvl 1 to lvl 16-18) -- Increased Power charge on critical (from lvl 18)
[Support] Some support skill I don’t remember - -Increased Critical Damage (from lvl 18)
[Support] Chance to poison (from lvl 1 to lvl 31) -- Hypothermia (from lvl 31)
[Support] Summon Phantasm Support (from lvl 4 to lvl 36-38) -- Brutality (from lvl 38).

Setup fro Blade vortex ( gloves/helmet/boots)
[Main Skill] Blade Vortex (from lvl 12) – this gem must be on lvl1 so don’t level it up after equipping.
[Support] Increased Duration (from lvl 31)
[Support] Faster Casting (from lvl 18) – you can put on Spell echo(from lvl38) but it add +10 or more mana on cost
[Support] Arcanist Brand (from lvl 38)

Setup for Brand Recall ( mine on shield)
[Main Skill] Brand Recall (from lvl 16)
[Support] Inspiration (from lvl 31)
[Support] Enhance (mostly sold for currency on max 3 level so equipped from lvl 45)
I didn’t put here Empower as I didn’t bought it yet.

Somewhere where you find it comfortable:

[Main Skill] Shield Charge (from lvl 10)
[Support] Faster Attacks (from lvl 8)

[Main Skill] Summon Skitterbots (from lvl 16)
[Support] Infernal legion (from lvl 8)

[Main Skill] Frostblink (from lvl 4)

AURAS

[Main Skill] Vitality (from lvl 10) – my main aura.

[Main Skill] Herald of Purity (from lvl 16) – my second main Aura.
[Support] Arrogance (from lvl 31) – but I’m not using it.
Arrogance equipped to Herald of Purity make HoP reserve like 52% of my Life pool damn (while solo HoP reserve like 25% of mana) , so I only put it separately for leveling and using Herald of Purity solo.

[Main Skill] Determintaion (from lvl 24)
[Support] Divine Blessing (from lvl 31)
I was enjoying Determination on the way, but after equipping Divine Blessing it’s so damn pricey for mana! Like 468 mana in one go. So I rarely using it now, but have equipped on.

I didn’t put on Petrified Blood (from lvl 24) cause it take half of your life pool and it can be very critical til some moments when your regeneration is good, so for now I’m going without it.

My main Concern about skitterbots + infernal legion is they need 42% of your mana, so 42% from skitterbots + Vitality (169 mana now) + Herald of Purity (25% mana) = it all reserve like 574 mana from my main pool of 604 mana (+ mana shield 365 not counting), and it leaves me with about 400 mana (mostly from shield) for my main skill, brand casting and movement, which isn’t very much when your mana isn’t recharching like fastest in the world. So after I took Perfect Crime in lab on lvl 38 which allowed me to summon triggerbots, I went off with Summon Skitterbots and don’t use them.

So on level 60 my equipped Auras are only Vitality and Herald of Purity.

As for leveling gear I got like this

Spoiler
(mind it I have a few uniques in collection from previous build, so mainly i was switching between them as leveled, you can use what in your possession, so it’s not mandatory for build, except the ones mentioned in pob).

Helmet: Goldrim (lvl 1 –lvl 23) – The Trickster’s Smile( lvl 23 – lvl 60 now).

Body: Tabula Rasa from lvl 1 to lvl 60 - it’s great for leveling, but around lvl 40-50 it’s starting to get hard and better start searching for suitable body 6-link. I had suitable 6-link Spidersilk robe(from lvl 50) in possession, but slapped Lesser Eldritch Ember on it and from lvl 50 jumped to equip on lvl 60, so stuck with Tabula a little longer lol.

Weapon (Void Battery is mandatory and equipped on lvl 68 so stick to whatever til I get to lvl 68): Lifespring /wand( start to lvl 12) – Ashcaller/wand (lvl 12- lvl 22) – Quecholli / Maul (lvl 22 –lvl 32) – the dark Seer/Sceptre (lvl 32 – lvl 47) – Cerberus Limb/Sceptre (lvl 47 – current lvl60)

Shield (Malachai’s Loop is mandatory and equipped on lvl 65): Springleaf (lvl 7 – lvl 16) – Kaltenhalt (lvl 16 – lvl 60 now).

Gloves : Lochtonial Caress (lvl 6- lvl 31 I think) – Shadows and Dust (lvl 31 – lvl 60 now) – but think I’ll switch to Tanu Ahi now.

Boots (Ralakesh’s Impatience is mandatory and equipped on lvl 36) : Wanderlust (lvl 1 – lvl 23) – Strormcharger (lvl 23 – lvl 36, but I don’t remember for sure) – Ralakesh’s Impatience (lvl 36 – til the end).

Belt : feastbind (lvl 11 – lvl 20) – Belt of deceiver (lvl 20 – lvl 35) – Leather belt with life, strength, mana,regen and resistance (lvl 35- lvl 60 now)

Amulet (Badge of the Brotherhood is mandatory and equipped on lvl 60, but I didn’t bought it yet) : the Ignomon (lvl 8 – lvl 16) – Victario’s Acuity (lvl 16 – lvl 60 now).

Rings: Blackheart (lvl 1 – lvl 20-30 ) + Doedre’s Damning (lvl 1 – lvl 20-30) – Ixchel’s Temptation (lvl 20 – lvl 60 now) + Two-Stone ring with resistance,dexterity, life regen, life and global accuracy (lvl 33 – lvl 60 now).

For flasks I go with 2 life, 2 mana and 1 for speed. But mana issue is currently haunting me, cause blade blast needs huge of mana and sometimes I’m stuck in the middle of enemy group and running like crazy til my mana lifts a little so I can damage on full. So it’s not a smooth ride right now.

First labyrinth gone on lvl 38 after obtaining Arcanist Brand I think ( got Perfect Crime) – second for Like a Clockwork gonna be going now on lvl 60 (lab opens on lvl 55, but I decided to level a bit before it).

It sure took me some time to adjust to playstyle mechanics after putting Arcanist Brand on level 38, but few levels deeper somehow figured it out.

I’m going into the Viridian Wildwood maybe from the middle of first Act and most of the time (except huge Bosses) and have 0 deaths so far. But I’m on the end of 5 act and going for Kitava sure will change some things for my playstyle.
It’s not the easiest builds and you’ll have to jump sometimes (there are times it sounds like I’m crashing my keyboard lol despite the fact that it’s playable with minimum buttons).
And I have more comfortable simple build for farming currency, cause this build need some money for sure =)

Hope this helps!

P.S. One of my few questions for this build is – why my Blade Blast of Unloading fires as green circles and not the orange saws as in video? I searched and couldn’t find the answer so far.
would this build work next league w/o the charms?
"
lokicuong3 wrote:
would this build work next league w/o the charms?

Hi! Yes, of course. My showcases used max AoE charms just for show, but I ditched them eventually for damage-heavy charms, so the AoE was a little overkill. As for the damage charms going away - every league brings with it some borrowed power, so we may end up with equal or even more power than last league. Stay tuned!

P.S. The deeply unpopular Automation support has the chance to make this build completely bonkers, actually. I'll post this in a separate post later.
"
thedrowing wrote:
Hi!
Decided to put in all info I have so far on lvl 60 of this build for Saboteur
(it’s my first time writing something like this so please be kind)

First of all – it’s not cheap (you’ll see from price in pob), but most important – you can only buy blade blast of unloading (if you have currency and it’s your second or more build and you haven’t got so far in maps in previous builds), this gem itself cost about 15-20 chaos, and you can’t buy from npc or obtain it through quests (only upgrading gem in labyrinth as I understood).

Gems stuff is tricky, but +- as I remember

Spoiler

Somehow from lvl 1 to lvl 8-16 I got with some simple stuff like Arc, Ethereal Knives, some Explosive Trap (something you can get from the start). I’ll write from memory my switching progress (support skills are pain as I didn’t wrote them down) so it can be variable depending on what you got.

I switched to most of the build on level 20 maybe, but Arcanist Brand appears only on lvl 38. So you gonna go with what you find comfortable most til the lvl 20 maybe.

All gem setup is taken from cheap version of Main POB and I was adding them as they were available, so they level up faster.
Gems are written in order of Character level rising.

Weapon
Freezing Pulse (from lvl 1 to lvl 7 I think) with 2 support skills I don’t remember (sorry)...

Setup for Blade blast of Unloading (Body)
[Main Skill] Ethereal knives (from lvl 1 to lvl 16-20) --- Blade blast of unloading (from lvl 16-20)
[Support] Increased Critical Strikes (from lvl 8)
[Support] Arcane Surge ( from lvl 1 to lvl 16-18) -- Increased Power charge on critical (from lvl 18)
[Support] Some support skill I don’t remember - -Increased Critical Damage (from lvl 18)
[Support] Chance to poison (from lvl 1 to lvl 31) -- Hypothermia (from lvl 31)
[Support] Summon Phantasm Support (from lvl 4 to lvl 36-38) -- Brutality (from lvl 38).

Setup fro Blade vortex ( gloves/helmet/boots)
[Main Skill] Blade Vortex (from lvl 12) – this gem must be on lvl1 so don’t level it up after equipping.
[Support] Increased Duration (from lvl 31)
[Support] Faster Casting (from lvl 18) – you can put on Spell echo(from lvl38) but it add +10 or more mana on cost
[Support] Arcanist Brand (from lvl 38)

Setup for Brand Recall ( mine on shield)
[Main Skill] Brand Recall (from lvl 16)
[Support] Inspiration (from lvl 31)
[Support] Enhance (mostly sold for currency on max 3 level so equipped from lvl 45)
I didn’t put here Empower as I didn’t bought it yet.

Somewhere where you find it comfortable:

[Main Skill] Shield Charge (from lvl 10)
[Support] Faster Attacks (from lvl 8)

[Main Skill] Summon Skitterbots (from lvl 16)
[Support] Infernal legion (from lvl 8)

[Main Skill] Frostblink (from lvl 4)

AURAS

[Main Skill] Vitality (from lvl 10) – my main aura.

[Main Skill] Herald of Purity (from lvl 16) – my second main Aura.
[Support] Arrogance (from lvl 31) – but I’m not using it.
Arrogance equipped to Herald of Purity make HoP reserve like 52% of my Life pool damn (while solo HoP reserve like 25% of mana) , so I only put it separately for leveling and using Herald of Purity solo.

[Main Skill] Determintaion (from lvl 24)
[Support] Divine Blessing (from lvl 31)
I was enjoying Determination on the way, but after equipping Divine Blessing it’s so damn pricey for mana! Like 468 mana in one go. So I rarely using it now, but have equipped on.

I didn’t put on Petrified Blood (from lvl 24) cause it take half of your life pool and it can be very critical til some moments when your regeneration is good, so for now I’m going without it.

My main Concern about skitterbots + infernal legion is they need 42% of your mana, so 42% from skitterbots + Vitality (169 mana now) + Herald of Purity (25% mana) = it all reserve like 574 mana from my main pool of 604 mana (+ mana shield 365 not counting), and it leaves me with about 400 mana (mostly from shield) for my main skill, brand casting and movement, which isn’t very much when your mana isn’t recharching like fastest in the world. So after I took Perfect Crime in lab on lvl 38 which allowed me to summon triggerbots, I went off with Summon Skitterbots and don’t use them.

So on level 60 my equipped Auras are only Vitality and Herald of Purity.

As for leveling gear I got like this

Spoiler
(mind it I have a few uniques in collection from previous build, so mainly i was switching between them as leveled, you can use what in your possession, so it’s not mandatory for build, except the ones mentioned in pob).

Helmet: Goldrim (lvl 1 –lvl 23) – The Trickster’s Smile( lvl 23 – lvl 60 now).

Body: Tabula Rasa from lvl 1 to lvl 60 - it’s great for leveling, but around lvl 40-50 it’s starting to get hard and better start searching for suitable body 6-link. I had suitable 6-link Spidersilk robe(from lvl 50) in possession, but slapped Lesser Eldritch Ember on it and from lvl 50 jumped to equip on lvl 60, so stuck with Tabula a little longer lol.

Weapon (Void Battery is mandatory and equipped on lvl 68 so stick to whatever til I get to lvl 68): Lifespring /wand( start to lvl 12) – Ashcaller/wand (lvl 12- lvl 22) – Quecholli / Maul (lvl 22 –lvl 32) – the dark Seer/Sceptre (lvl 32 – lvl 47) – Cerberus Limb/Sceptre (lvl 47 – current lvl60)

Shield (Malachai’s Loop is mandatory and equipped on lvl 65): Springleaf (lvl 7 – lvl 16) – Kaltenhalt (lvl 16 – lvl 60 now).

Gloves : Lochtonial Caress (lvl 6- lvl 31 I think) – Shadows and Dust (lvl 31 – lvl 60 now) – but think I’ll switch to Tanu Ahi now.

Boots (Ralakesh’s Impatience is mandatory and equipped on lvl 36) : Wanderlust (lvl 1 – lvl 23) – Strormcharger (lvl 23 – lvl 36, but I don’t remember for sure) – Ralakesh’s Impatience (lvl 36 – til the end).

Belt : feastbind (lvl 11 – lvl 20) – Belt of deceiver (lvl 20 – lvl 35) – Leather belt with life, strength, mana,regen and resistance (lvl 35- lvl 60 now)

Amulet (Badge of the Brotherhood is mandatory and equipped on lvl 60, but I didn’t bought it yet) : the Ignomon (lvl 8 – lvl 16) – Victario’s Acuity (lvl 16 – lvl 60 now).

Rings: Blackheart (lvl 1 – lvl 20-30 ) + Doedre’s Damning (lvl 1 – lvl 20-30) – Ixchel’s Temptation (lvl 20 – lvl 60 now) + Two-Stone ring with resistance,dexterity, life regen, life and global accuracy (lvl 33 – lvl 60 now).

For flasks I go with 2 life, 2 mana and 1 for speed. But mana issue is currently haunting me, cause blade blast needs huge of mana and sometimes I’m stuck in the middle of enemy group and running like crazy til my mana lifts a little so I can damage on full. So it’s not a smooth ride right now.

First labyrinth gone on lvl 38 after obtaining Arcanist Brand I think ( got Perfect Crime) – second for Like a Clockwork gonna be going now on lvl 60 (lab opens on lvl 55, but I decided to level a bit before it).

It sure took me some time to adjust to playstyle mechanics after putting Arcanist Brand on level 38, but few levels deeper somehow figured it out.

I’m going into the Viridian Wildwood maybe from the middle of first Act and most of the time (except huge Bosses) and have 0 deaths so far. But I’m on the end of 5 act and going for Kitava sure will change some things for my playstyle.
It’s not the easiest builds and you’ll have to jump sometimes (there are times it sounds like I’m crashing my keyboard lol despite the fact that it’s playable with minimum buttons).
And I have more comfortable simple build for farming currency, cause this build need some money for sure =)

Hope this helps!

P.S. One of my few questions for this build is – why my Blade Blast of Unloading fires as green circles and not the orange saws as in video? I searched and couldn’t find the answer so far.

Oh boy!!! You are more dedicated than I. For mana sustain reasons I wouldn't recommend the build before 80 and with some currency, yes. It's one of those niche fringe builds that has a very high ceiling but a weird playstyle!

By the way - that's the Blade Blast MTX difference! Look at the first post - you can compare the colours there :)
Last edited by primaeva on Mar 19, 2024, 6:43:48 AM
"
NufThePimp wrote:
Hey, I decided I want to try this build, and do a league start with it.
I've read the thread and most of the replies, and I cannot seem to find any leveling section or tips?

I'm missing info about when I should be switching to the build? What gems do I level with? Any of this type of information would be very much appreciated

Hi! Sorry, I literally just got married and that took so much energy and priority obviously, now that that's done I can get back to prepping all of yous for next league :)

I'll write a detailed section soon but TL;Dr

Arma Brand tree
Rush to EO, cast speed, Runesmith, Runebinder.

Pretty much Arma Brand until 75-80, then make your own BboU or swap.

Why Arma Brand and not Penance Brand of Diss or Storm Brand of Indecision?

Because those are 100% getting nerfed that's why! If they don't, go with those instead. Brands are just excellent for levelling. I always say, you may end up not playing this build and playing those instead. XD
Hey everyone. As 3.24 draws closer, it's time to review how different this build will play with what little information we have so far.

I'm hoping that Build of the Week was some endorsement that GGG finds the interaction within reasonable power level and part of their game design. It is a fairly clunky build with obvious limitations, nothing too strong like PBoD, and a unique two-button playstyle.

That said, these parts of the build will likely be taking a hit:

"

1) The Power-Charge-Stacking Exodia combination of

These propped up a LOT of spell builds last league. The good news is, stripping these away will reveal that BBoU numbers are really strong and still occupy A-tier burst and S-tier utility / mobility.

Whether these take a crazy rarity hit or just get gutted, the big loss isn't even the damage - it's the attack and cast speed loss from getting that many free Frenzy charges (44% attack speed and cast speed makes Shield Charging and dropping brands VERY smooth to play.)

BUT with the deeply unpopular Automation gem addition, and us being Saboteurs, ironically, there's been a substantial QoL buff to the build -- you only need 2-3 brands out at one time to get a full 10 stacks.

This is because Automation is a trigger, and we double those.

2 Brands being Recalled --> 4 Arcanist Brand activations --> 8 stacks of BV (good enough for mapping).
3 Brands being Recalled --> 6 Arcanist Brand activations --> 12 stacks of BV (capped at 10.)

This means substantially less downtime and almost half the keypresses per map.

Ironically, the increased mana cost doesn't really matter since we get a free doublecast for 100% increased mana cost - so it breaks even for 2 Brands and goes slighly over on 3 (for Uber bosses).

I'll be playtesting a fresh character with regular items soon (no PC stacking stuff). Stay tuned! I'll cover levelling trees and entry-level gear.

Here's hoping the BBoU gem itself stays as it is. The visuals are beautiful.
I'm starting to build a levelling section for the Build as is often requested! Feedback would be greatly appreciated. Shadow spellcaster levelling looks fairly unpleasant and we are taking an unusual route (Brand Recaller, possibly Mana Stacking). In the meantime, here were my thoughts on the 3.24 changes.

"
3.24 Patch Notes: Next to no nerfs! Mild buffs.
Ralakesh's Boots - Losing 30% movespeed isn't that big a deal since we mostly Shield Charge - which suffers, yes, but it benefits from AS more. Less so for Assassin variants who get huge mobility from fresh Elusive procs.

Automation Support: QoL buff, assuming Perfect Crime doubles the procs. Remains to see if it is a huge mana hog.

Flasks can no longer provide -25% to mana cost: BAD. This was an insanely mana hungry build at the start until we could go EB/MOM. Will now have to go EB earlier, or invest in Tireless cluster (reduced cost of skills, etc). The Vertex and Honourhome also become relevant again, if we want to go a non-Heatshiver route.

PBoDissipation and SBoIndecision being nerfed = this build moves up the ladder a bit as a high-damage option.

Unholy Might change = sort of opens this build up to a Poison or Chaos Variant. Bear in mind 11 hits + our BV stacks applying wither = you don't really need wither totems to hit max stacks.

Archmage Changes = Huh. We aren't actually a Brand build. So we could actually tap on the buffs! It would solve, defense, mana expediture, and BBoU has a fantastic % added effectiveness ratio. May come up with an Archmage version for sure.

Last edited by primaeva on Mar 22, 2024, 3:31:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info