[3.24] Guide Power Siphon - Trikster - Afana (Full Unique)

Thoughts on new wand (trash?) and the support gem?
"
Nevzat wrote:
Thoughts on new wand (trash?) and the support gem?

"
for leveling it can be interesting, but depending on the items I'm going to put in the final version, the gem becomes very bad for 2 reasons:
1 - the chance is only 50%
2 - Lightning damage has a very high range, making you lose a lot of damage with this 50% chance.
looking at the pob config and a realistic assumptions during mapping this kinda comes down to 8.2m dps and 42k ehp. still a nice build!
"
looking at the pob config and a realistic assumptions during mapping this kinda comes down to 8.2m dps and 42k ehp. still a nice build!

"
I even mentioned it in the video, I based the pob on my gameplay, so all the defensive layers, I use constantly on the map, as for shock I cause 65% even in Uber boss, Berserk I'll show the efficiency in a future video, sigil of power is very simple to activate, and flask, I didn't use it anymore. If you like the build, check out the gameplay against Uber Sirus, I think you'll like it, because this league I'm going to triple the DPS.
build looks strong. Going to give this a shot.

If it fails, well I can always roll into something else, but i do miss playing a wander and power siphon looks very fun and braindead to play which i enjoy :)
"
SexonFive wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:
What is the thought process for spellslinger + Warlord's mark? Why not Mark on hit?

"
with the spellslinger I can activate and deactivate it when I want and it keeps the rage at maximum more often

How does it work together with yout sniper's mark linked to mark on hit?

I guess that against a boss, you berzerl, turn off spellslinger which now allows you to use sniper's mark automatically. That makes sense.

But when you are mapping, how does "spellslinger Warlord" + "mark on hit sniper" work together? Normally they'd overwrite each other, so which one wins? Do you still get charges?

On another note, I'd still suggest you reconsider the wisp gem, I think it will be fantastic for us:

Let's see over 2 attacks, if you do 100-10,000 lightning damage:

Without wisps:

* Attack 1: 100 - 10,000
* Attack 2: 100 - 10,000

Total: 200 - 20,000, average 10,100

With wisps:

first of all, let's say you replace damage on full life, this makes you lose 26% damage (it is a 35% more gem). You are not impacted by the 50% less damage, this only impacts the wisps. Wisps have a 50% chance to attack when you do in front of a boss:

* Attacks 1 you: 74 - 7,400
* Attack 1 Wisp 1: 37 - 3,700
* Attack 1 Wisp 2: 0

* Attacks 2 you: 74 - 7,400
* Attack 2 Wisp 1: 0
* Attack 2 Wisp 2: 37 - 3,700

Over 2 attacks, you'll have done 222 - 22,200, average 11,211. This is 11% more damage than previously. This ties in to the overall formula where you are replacing a 35% gem with a 50% gem: 1.50 / 1.35 = 1.11 = 11%

Now there are a couple of things:

* you will get a lower max shock value on your main attack, but on average you'll get a higher shock
* when farming with fury valve, while the proc rate of the wisps is lower, it will massively increase the screen clear as long as you are able to one shot mobs

Final suggestion, I think it may be good if you recommend purity of elements (instead of wrath?) while you level or until you get all your resistances up. The ailment immunity is wonderful and it helps with the resists. Another flask to consider is wise oak: it will increase the dps, fix temporarily the resistances and also give you a tiny defensive boost on your weakest resistance.

Last edited by Zepepsico on Mar 27, 2024, 5:55:35 AM
Howdy,

Looked at the basic pob, still had a tincture equipped. Are they staying around in 3.24? Ty
"
Deadwest wrote:
Howdy,

Looked at the basic pob, still had a tincture equipped. Are they staying around in 3.24? Ty

Not OP, but there are no more tinctures. I don't think his PoBs still have one, you may have clickeed on the 3.23 version. Scroll down in the original post and you'll see a levelling PoB, then an early map one, then a full unique one.
Ohh ok. Thanks a bunch. I'll take a look. (found it) Good luck all
Last edited by Deadwest on Mar 27, 2024, 4:02:04 PM
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
SexonFive wrote:
"
Zepepsico wrote:
What is the thought process for spellslinger + Warlord's mark? Why not Mark on hit?

"
with the spellslinger I can activate and deactivate it when I want and it keeps the rage at maximum more often

How does it work together with yout sniper's mark linked to mark on hit?

I guess that against a boss, you berzerl, turn off spellslinger which now allows you to use sniper's mark automatically. That makes sense.

But when you are mapping, how does "spellslinger Warlord" + "mark on hit sniper" work together? Normally they'd overwrite each other, so which one wins? Do you still get charges?

On another note, I'd still suggest you reconsider the wisp gem, I think it will be fantastic for us:

Let's see over 2 attacks, if you do 100-10,000 lightning damage:

Without wisps:

* Attack 1: 100 - 10,000
* Attack 2: 100 - 10,000

Total: 200 - 20,000, average 10,100

With wisps:

first of all, let's say you replace damage on full life, this makes you lose 26% damage (it is a 35% more gem). You are not impacted by the 50% less damage, this only impacts the wisps. Wisps have a 50% chance to attack when you do in front of a boss:

* Attacks 1 you: 74 - 7,400
* Attack 1 Wisp 1: 37 - 3,700
* Attack 1 Wisp 2: 0

* Attacks 2 you: 74 - 7,400
* Attack 2 Wisp 1: 0
* Attack 2 Wisp 2: 37 - 3,700

Over 2 attacks, you'll have done 222 - 22,200, average 11,211. This is 11% more damage than previously. This ties in to the overall formula where you are replacing a 35% gem with a 50% gem: 1.50 / 1.35 = 1.11 = 11%

Now there are a couple of things:

* you will get a lower max shock value on your main attack, but on average you'll get a higher shock
* when farming with fury valve, while the proc rate of the wisps is lower, it will massively increase the screen clear as long as you are able to one shot mobs

Final suggestion, I think it may be good if you recommend purity of elements (instead of wrath?) while you level or until you get all your resistances up. The ailment immunity is wonderful and it helps with the resists. Another flask to consider is wise oak: it will increase the dps, fix temporarily the resistances and also give you a tiny defensive boost on your weakest resistance.

Spoiler
As for the Snipe mark + Warlord mark:
The two don't work together, but on some boss maps it's irrelevant how much dps you lose by not leaving Snipe mark as the main, so when you need dps you can disable spellslinger and keep the dps high with berserk.
As for the support gem:
I'm going to test it on leveling, if it proves promising I'll keep it in the build
As for the auras:
Yes it's worth it, but we're immune to freeze and burning so I'd only use it in Leveling even though I don't need it in most cases.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info