[3.24] Guide Power Siphon - Trikster - Afana (Full Unique)

I finished levelling, and for now it's a mixed bag:

Pros:

* play style is really nice, siphon feels like arc. No need to target and everything dies.
* Sound of the skill is pleasant. Freeze means also nice sounds.
* No visual clutter
* All non boosted content is super easy. You can go straight out of campaigns to T16
* Playing Chayula breach stone is as easy and relaxing as with my old flicker CI. Haven't tried the Uber breach, suspect he does not have enough DPS yet to keep up with the timer

Con:
* When content is boosted (wisps, delirium, etc .) the build starts failing. There will always be an enraged soul eater yellow that will ignore your freeze and 2-shot you through your defenses
* DPS still lacking for low skill players: I currently have c. 8m PDS and can easily get to 10m in map equipment (13m in boss config). It is still not enough to one shot everything, and at the same time we are not tanky enough. You have to kite/evade/dodge manually which is really annoying for low skill players
* Some stuff insta delete the build if you don't anticipate (Vortex rotating beam, shaper beam, Vaal temple bosse lingering effects). You can't put regen/outleech

Overall I like a lot how the build plays (thank you OP) and that I don't have to spend hours finding the right rares that fit with each other (I would not have rerolled if it wasn't a unique heavy build). But I am still frustrated that it sits in that zone where I can't go brain dead.

My current build is in my profile, with about 8m DPS in mapping config. Will be about 9m in a couple of levels.
Improvements on my list:

* More levels. A bit more DPS and QoL
* Corrupted belt to remove pressure on resistance
* Corrupted gloves (a lot of money for only 3% DPS)
* New wand. Fractured base costs 60 div!! Might have to check if T2 fractures are worth it
* New unique jewel. Lots of nice mods (anti bleed, more damage, supression to cap, resistance)
* If I can get enough resistance on jewel and belt, change timeless jewel for double damage ones
"
Zepepsico wrote:
I finished levelling, and for now it's a mixed bag:

Pros:

* play style is really nice, siphon feels like arc. No need to target and everything dies.
* Sound of the skill is pleasant. Freeze means also nice sounds.
* No visual clutter
* All non boosted content is super easy. You can go straight out of campaigns to T16
* Playing Chayula breach stone is as easy and relaxing as with my old flicker CI. Haven't tried the Uber breach, suspect he does not have enough DPS yet to keep up with the timer

Con:
* When content is boosted (wisps, delirium, etc .) the build starts failing. There will always be an enraged soul eater yellow that will ignore your freeze and 2-shot you through your defenses
* DPS still lacking for low skill players: I currently have c. 8m PDS and can easily get to 10m in map equipment (13m in boss config). It is still not enough to one shot everything, and at the same time we are not tanky enough. You have to kite/evade/dodge manually which is really annoying for low skill players
* Some stuff insta delete the build if you don't anticipate (Vortex rotating beam, shaper beam, Vaal temple bosse lingering effects). You can't put regen/outleech

Overall I like a lot how the build plays (thank you OP) and that I don't have to spend hours finding the right rares that fit with each other (I would not have rerolled if it wasn't a unique heavy build). But I am still frustrated that it sits in that zone where I can't go brain dead.

My current build is in my profile, with about 8m DPS in mapping config. Will be about 9m in a couple of levels.
Improvements on my list:

* More levels. A bit more DPS and QoL
* Corrupted belt to remove pressure on resistance
* Corrupted gloves (a lot of money for only 3% DPS)
* New wand. Fractured base costs 60 div!! Might have to check if T2 fractures are worth it
* New unique jewel. Lots of nice mods (anti bleed, more damage, supression to cap, resistance)
* If I can get enough resistance on jewel and belt, change timeless jewel for double damage ones

Spoiler
It is clear that you are being affected by the inflation that this league has provided, but I guarantee that the most I have taken this build, it does everything that you could not do, thank you very much for the feedback and I will add several layers of price and craft for the next league, where we will not have the paints and we will lose 1k of ES, but everything else remains, I intend to leave everything explained so that even a person who does not have much currency, has a chance to get their items, and even for those who do not know how to craft I help with great pleasure through my discord.
New to POE and decided to try this build and having a blast, even at lvl 88. A few questions-

1. What socket to add lethal pride jewel?
2. Noticed in your pob that you took large jewel cluster, what jewel or jewels did you socket?
3. What pantheons do you recommend? Or is it perfence?

Thanks in advance!
"
Goro75 wrote:
New to POE and decided to try this build and having a blast, even at lvl 88. A few questions-

2. Noticed in your pob that you took large jewel cluster, what jewel or jewels did you socket?

Thanks in advance!

"
"In large jewel cluster"
"lethal pride jewel"
Arkaali and Abberath
This build is exceptionally fun and efficient. I always love arc builds, but with the affliction advantage and change to power siphon this is freaking awesome!!! Thank you very much for this!
Just started mapping and it feels very fun while effortlessly running though the content. It has gotten way more expensive to get the right items, but an incomplete version is still pretty strong.

I have yet to complete both my lab and wildwood ascendancies, but I'm still reaching 350k tooltip dps, even with the wrong chest and only Lethal Pride in a jewel slot.
im wondering why you take the cold as extra phys mod, when you dont do any phys damage what so ever.
"
Asura2468 wrote:
ok fist off... the build is insanely fun and i am having a blast:D

probably one of the most fun builds i played in some time and very relaxed playstyle

I uses a lot of mechanics together to achieve nice tankyness and high damage, should be worthy of build of the week imo

but you should explain the gear a bit more, especially the lethal pride:
- you need one from Akoya with 2* or 3* 20% fire res and either 5% strength or 20 strength on any of the picked notables to cap res/have enough strength (you can use the calculator for timeless jewels to find suitable ones)
- if you only have 2* fire res you will need it on a rare jewel as well
- you also kinda need some form of fire damage for ignite to proc the 3rd ailment
- you should note its not a league starter or beginner friendly build i think^^
- you also need certain min res rolls to actually cap res
- you want max spell damage per power charge on shield and high evasion on chest
- you also want high lightning pen on the tincture, since the effect is tripled thanks to having no flask equipped, maybe even explain whats going on here
- you also definitively want immunity to corrupted blood somewhere
- as for corrupts, the one on helmet is super good to have^^
- another thing to note: dont socket chest/boots
- you want PS in your gloves (you marked it in the pob so i understood it but others might not^^)

As for leveling:
i leveled with power siphon and all the leveling uniques using a 4 link and it was super easy^^ but you need to pick some life notes
rough outline of what i did: https://pobb.in/ie_9DLFzpq6P (check gear -> lvling and the different trees)
i swapped to the taming as early as i could... rest of the items when i felt ok using it

as for suggestions:
i would pick up the regenerate 1% of evasion as ES every 4 sec on the evasion mastery... saved me quite a few times^^

hey just wondering why you take the phys as extra cold nodes when you do no physical damage at all
I would guess that is for freezing mob. You used tincture with all hit can freeze. So if you sant to freeze without them you need cold damage.
Hi, Afana, I really liked your build for its cheapness and the fact that it has a lot of unique items (I hate crafting in poe), but all builds with unique items have their own, so to speak, ceiling, which is difficult to overcome (or I am I wrong?). I replaced Graven's secret with a mageblood, took Onslaught, closed resists, immunity to shock and crit chance. True, I didn’t have time to farm myself a ring with +1 max power charge to increase the damage and forbidden flesh and flame by +1 max power charge. Also, I have a slightly different wand. Do you think this wand is good or should I find a better one? Also, thank you very much for this build, I gladly completed several uber bosses, except for Sirus and Exarch, but this is only because I am a newbie, but I also completed 40 achievements. I sincerely hope that you will feel good and continue to please us with such builds. You're great, thank you very much!
my poeninja:https://poe.ninja/builds/affliction/character/Toshnotick/%D0%9D%D0%90%D0%99%D0%A1_%D0%AF_%D0%A9%D0%90%D0%A1_%D0%A3%D0%91%D0%AC%D0%AE_%D0%92%D0%A1%D0%95%D0%A5_%D0%90%D0%90?i=0&search=name%3D%25D0%259D%25D0%2590%25D0%2599%25D0%25A1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info