I'm pretty sure I've had enough...

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Nobody dies in T1 maps with a semi-decent char but if it isn't decent.

It will die so are you deninal that you can't make a semi-decent char or do you mindlessly super rare it up do tri-damage mods then blame the game while making a post like this?

Likely.

yeah i think we have a problem with defining 'decent'... you can def die in t1 map while being able to clear red maps. agian, im not sure what game you playing, or what are you pretending here. this game doesn't have moments of -'oooh my hp went down to 30%' panic moments.... its either you are alive or dead. even when i get hit and have 1% health left i'm not scared, i just feel lucky, and most of the time i dont even see the HP bar deplete, since it goes up and down faster that it can display
"
AintCare wrote:
yeah i think we have a problem with defining 'decent'... you can def die in t1 map while being able to clear red maps. agian, im not sure what game you playing, or what are you pretending here. this game doesn't have moments of -'oooh my hp went down to 30%' panic moments.... its either you are alive or dead. even when i get hit and have 1% health left i'm not scared, i just feel lucky, and most of the time i dont even see the HP bar deplete, since it goes up and down faster that it can display

What you don't seem to consider, is that PoE lets you progress far into red maps based on your damage alone. As long as you have the offense and clear, 'everything' dies, you rarely die and you think your defense is sufficient. But once your defense is really tested, you get one-shot because it's lacking in one way or another.

Hell, people still 'trust' the tooltip armor rating, still think 75% resist is sufficient in the late endgame and still think chaos resist isn't needed. The former can absolutely be credited poor implementation by GGG. The resist part is just the evolution of the game and power creep.

TL;DR: People LOVE to balance their builds offensively with a bare minimum invested into defense and scream "one shot" the moment their defense is being properly tested.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying one-shots do not happen on a defensively solid build. But in a game where it's VERY hard to cover all of your potential weaknesses - and where it's possible to scale the content you're running far into the clouds, I think the "problem" is more often than not a player problem.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It's all hyperboles here again really, if we leave those aside both sides are correct.
A decent build isn't going to die much if at all during white maps, it's absolutely realistic to progress through both white and yellow maps without dying a single time.

That being said, if you alch + vaal your white maps, stand near strongboxes with DD after opening, miss a CE effect from a revenant or fail to notice one of the dozens of on death effects it is very much possible to die even for a decent char. Even more so considering that even a decent build won't have 90 all 75 chaos and 50k armor at the time he is progressing through white maps.
You can definitely build a character in PoE to be nearly immortal with enough currency.

My current character for the season has great defence and enough damage to do anything in the game from sim30 to Uber bosses and the only time I die is Uber bosses when I don't dodge something I need to.

D4 on the other hand I doubt you can ever build a character close to this, sure you could probably do everything in the game but never reach the level to do it as easy.

So I would say PoE is a good spot at the moment, it is always good to give feedback though to help make the game better and threads like this are important.
Last edited by HoloKasT on Jul 9, 2023, 3:24:01 AM
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

It will die so are you deninal that you can't make a semi-decent char or do you mindlessly super rare it up do tri-damage mods then blame the game while making a post like this?

Likely.

Make a half-decent char then nobody dies like that hell even a fucking 3k glass cannon LA char doesn't die in t1 maps lmao

You're telling me your more glass than a fucking LA char? OP wanted to learn but people like yourself go NOPE IT'S THE GAMES FAULT! No it's yours and yours only like once more as I've told the OP and he actually did how about YOU open your char tab and I'll 100% dissect it and it's probably going to be pure glass ''JEE WHY AM I DYING!''
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 9, 2023, 4:46:24 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
That being said, if you alch + vaal your white maps, stand near strongboxes with DD after opening, miss a CE effect from a revenant or fail to notice one of the dozens of on death effects it is very much possible to die even for a decent char.

Correct. And maybe I'm speaking just for myself here, but I don't want a game where a "decent build" can't die to player mistakes/lack of concentration during progression. Sure, when your build is "finished", and you've invested a decent amount of time and effort into the build, some builds can become practically immortal - that's fine.

If "good defenses" mean "can survive every player mistake", I think a lot of people are misunderstanding each other in this thread.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:

TL;DR: People LOVE to balance their builds offensively with a bare minimum invested into defense and scream "one shot" the moment their defense is being properly tested.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying one-shots do not happen on a defensively solid build. But in a game where it's VERY hard to cover all of your potential weaknesses - and where it's possible to scale the content you're running far into the clouds, I think the "problem" is more often than not a player problem.

i don't even know what the last paragraph means. I always play tank builds, i loose tons on dps due to that, and I die because of that actually, ubers are impossible because you WILL get one shot, so you have to minimize the time spent during the fight.... this was the issue before the hard caps of res etc. Saying to stay in low tier maps till you min max your build because you are safe there is an illusion.
Last edited by AintCare on Jul 9, 2023, 6:04:23 AM
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
AintCare wrote:
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:

Likely.

Make a half-decent char then nobody dies like that hell even a fucking 3k glass cannon LA char doesn't die in t1 maps lmao

You're telling me your more glass than a fucking LA char? OP wanted to learn but people like yourself go NOPE IT'S THE GAMES FAULT! No it's yours and yours only like once more as I've told the OP and he actually did how about YOU open your char tab and I'll 100% dissect it and it's probably going to be pure glass ''JEE WHY AM I DYING!''

glass cannons are more safe because they kill before anything can touch them.... you just proving my point, its either you one shot them or they one shot you.
"
AintCare wrote:

I always play tank builds, i loose tons on dps due to that, and I die because of that actually, ubers are impossible because you WILL get one shot, so you have to minimize the time spent during the fight....

There are countless videos on youtube showcasing builds afking ubers and the defensive mechanics needed for that aren't even that expensive. It's not as easy as "invest a lot into defense and be immortal though" you need to know what you are doing and more importanly, what you want to accomplish. Pretty much any defensive setup has some weakspot.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Jul 9, 2023, 6:11:03 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
It's all hyperboles here again really, if we leave those aside both sides are correct.
A decent build isn't going to die much if at all during white maps, it's absolutely realistic to progress through both white and yellow maps without dying a single time.

That being said, if you alch + vaal your white maps, stand near strongboxes with DD after opening, miss a CE effect from a revenant or fail to notice one of the dozens of on death effects it is very much possible to die even for a decent char. Even more so considering that even a decent build won't have 90 all 75 chaos and 50k armor at the time he is progressing through white maps.

its not even a hyperbole... get a molten shell yellow mob with flicker, flicks right before pop... are you eva? open chest with the resolute technique exile. fighting a rare and didnt read he is 'touched' in time? well guess what.

yeah with enough currency you can cheese certain mechanics to the point you become nearly invincible. but i still don't believe that you wont die at some point due to some bs. i had a Zephyrs Dual Poets Pen char with ele immunity and 30k+ ehp due to over regen. I was afking shaper carrys daily. nothing bothered me. One time got popped out of nowhere- what killed me? i have no clue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info