When will Crucible leauge end?

"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
Diablo players will definitely enjoy the Shop though.

Right?!

How disgusting that D4 is charging 70$ for the base game, 10-25$ for the battle pass AND they have cosmetic mtx!

Poe players sure will enjoy their;
$46.00 wings,
$46.00+ armor sets,
$60.00+ quarterly supporter packs,
$400.00 yearly supporter packs,
$30.00 battle pass,
$100.00+ loot boxes,
$4-15.00 mandatory quality of life stash tabs,
$18.00+ for a single weapon mtx or weapon effect,
$15.00+ for a single skill mtx,
$16.00 for just footprints lmao
$5.00 to HIDE ugly skill effects,

The list goes on man. PoE has objectively been one of the worst offenders for predatory microtransactions this entire time. If you think D4's monetization is worse then PoE's, yall a clown.

You really need to get a new dictionary. Based on this statement you don't understand what eigher "predatory" or "objectively" means.

I have played my fair amount of GAPTCHA-Games as well as MMOs and RPGs. You can't compare todays monetization models with games like D2 that sold once and thats it, thats just not happening anymore. And compared to MOST actual games, the fact that you only need to buy a few stash tabs to unlock the maximum of QoL or access is everything BUT predatory. Even if you end up in the pinnacle 0.1% of active players, the amount you have to invest in stashtabs is nothing compared to the amount of playtime you get for it. And the best part: they even stay for PoE2. Also, going back to the "predatory" argument... GGG has not introduced new stashes for quite a while. We got Heist, Harvest and Expedition as lockers totally free.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
Diablo players will definitely enjoy the Shop though.

Right?!

How disgusting that D4 is charging 70$ for the base game, 10-25$ for the battle pass AND they have cosmetic mtx!

Poe players sure will enjoy their;
$46.00 wings,
$46.00+ armor sets,
$60.00+ quarterly supporter packs,
$400.00 yearly supporter packs,
$30.00 battle pass,
$100.00+ loot boxes,
$4-15.00 mandatory quality of life stash tabs,
$18.00+ for a single weapon mtx or weapon effect,
$15.00+ for a single skill mtx,
$16.00 for just footprints lmao
$5.00 to HIDE ugly skill effects,

The list goes on man. PoE has objectively been one of the worst offenders for predatory microtransactions this entire time. If you think D4's monetization is worse then PoE's, yall a clown.

You really need to get a new dictionary. Based on this statement you don't understand what eigher "predatory" or "objectively" means.

I have played my fair amount of GAPTCHA-Games as well as MMOs and RPGs. You can't compare todays monetization models with games like D2 that sold once and thats it, thats just not happening anymore. And compared to MOST actual games, the fact that you only need to buy a few stash tabs to unlock the maximum of QoL or access is everything BUT predatory. Even if you end up in the pinnacle 0.1% of active players, the amount you have to invest in stashtabs is nothing compared to the amount of playtime you get for it. And the best part: they even stay for PoE2. Also, going back to the "predatory" argument... GGG has not introduced new stashes for quite a while. We got Heist, Harvest and Expedition as lockers totally free.

So your counter to the predatory prices of poe is that... you get a lot of game time out of poe? And it's just the norm now, so why complain?

And if you actually think that holding QoL hostage behind a pay wall is, and this is your quote, "everything BUT predatory", then idk what to tell ya bud besides you might be too deep in the poe cult hahaha
I mean every company is trying to make money. Capitalism and all that.

I suppose "predatory" is somewhat subjective, but GGG toes the ethical line all the time. They know it. CW on the 3.15 Expedition Baeclast, you could see how uncomfortable the mystery loot box monetization made him. Its uncomfortable because he knows how the loot boxes work, who it targets, and the behaviors it capitalizes on. Hes been to the player psychology seminars. The mystery boxes represents nearly a third of their revenue, so it's not something they are going to do away with.

Hell they even double down on fomo leverage, when in their supporter pack marketing videos, CW specifically tells people to buy the packs before they are "gone forever". It's kinda gross tbh.

Also designing the game intentionally to maximize stash & space pressure, soley to provide incentive for players to spend, is really borderline imo. From stack sizes to introducing items that don't have stash flexibility, players will often times find themselves hampered, or their experience suffering, if they don't spend. (Not to mention you cannot engage in trade without a premium tab)

PoE monetization is just about as extreme as you can get in this space without being P2W (and it's close imo anyways with QoL desgin friction). I won't list them all as people can see them in the prior posts.

Being F2P isnt an excuse to run wild. In fact the entire "support" marketing ploys are bunk now. Tencent is their "support" not the players. Players are revenue sources and customers. They no longer play a key role in their development and success to the degree they did did 10 years ago. It's just not true.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 24, 2023, 12:49:46 PM
the cosmetics in this game are for whales the only thing worth buying are stash tabs
[Removed by Support]

crucible started 7th april
7th may
7th june
7th july ?
early august? 4 months again?
Last edited by Drew_GGG on May 24, 2023, 2:35:59 PM
My guess is

End of league events (4) June 31- July 28
Crucible ends July 25
Exilecon July 29-30
POE2 A1 openbeta July 31-Aug 6
Spoiler
GGG made it very clear we would all WANT our schedules clear

3.22 August 10 - early Dec
POE2 release Dec 2023
I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
Last edited by Ain_Soph_Aur on May 24, 2023, 3:38:06 PM
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
My guess is

Crucible ends July 25
Exilecon July 29-30
Spoiler

POE2 release Dec 2023

They might have a Diabloish act 1 - level 20 max version at exilecon but that's all. Full open type beta? Not a chance. Full release in 6 months? No way. Legit impossible timeline wise.

If by some miracle they are planning on a 2023 Holdiay launch under an artifical deadline, it will be a total rushed mess. That doesnt help anyone side by side with ongoing live service D4.

I'd guess PoE 4.0 in late Q1 2024 at best, and holiday season 2024 at worst. If it slides in 2025 that's an unmitigated disaster for them.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on May 24, 2023, 5:19:57 PM
did they switch to 4 month leagues now and didnt announce it? this will be the third league that is 4 month long
Probably before or after Exilecon.
So I assume it's going to be another 3 1/2ish month league.
New league is prob going to hit in after exilecon, and maybe even a open beta for patch 4.0.

"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
the cosmetics in this game are for whales the only thing worth buying are stash tabs

More like for people who enjoy the game that much that they add even more enjoyment with the purchase of cosmetics.

But I guess it's nice to be a "whale" and have the accessible money for both real life and ingame stuff ;)
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 25, 2023, 12:42:13 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Ain_Soph_Aur wrote:
My guess is

Crucible ends July 25
Exilecon July 29-30
Spoiler

POE2 release Dec 2023

They might have a Diabloish act 1 - level 20 max version at exilecon but that's all. Full open type beta? Not a chance. Full release in 6 months? No way. Legit impossible timeline wise.

If by some miracle they are planning on a 2023 Holdiay launch under an artifical deadline, it will be a total rushed mess. That doesnt help anyone side by side with ongoing live service D4.

I'd guess PoE 4.0 in late Q1 2024 at best, and holiday season 2024 at worst. If it slides in 2025 that's an unmitigated disaster for them.

I wonder what this game ever did to players like you. You could just move on to other things, but no, you hang around hoping the game fails. Your guesses are just wishful thinking, considering they are based on nothing.
Last edited by bauermayers on May 25, 2023, 11:53:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info