The main reason I will go to Diablo 4:

this is a brand new topic that has never before been brought up
thank you for the input
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
Thesuffering wrote:
I am just gonna watch the cutscenes on youtube.

I want to play barb but since they upped the legendary spawn rate in the beta and I still couldnt get the barb to work properly except for thorns build, I think playing the game as barb will be a frustrating experience.

If i was to play i would play necromancer because there are no items needed to make that class good. But it is boring for me.

Played a THORNS build with a BARB. :o)
Funny.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
The acts really are nothing more than maps with a story.
*shrug*
"
aeriboe wrote:
The acts really are nothing more than maps with a story.
*shrug*

Except for all the league mechanics, variety, masters, atlas passive tree, choosable layouts, eldritch bosses, and map drops...
Last edited by Xyel on May 8, 2023, 4:58:57 AM
Until PoE 4.0 is released Diablo IV is the better looking of the two, as well as having better feeling combat, melee combat in particular. Diablo IV is a modern game while PoE still feels like a game from the twenty tens.

Diablo IV appeals to the casual ARPGer and is less of an hardcore game therefore will appeal to me, while PoE is squarely aimed at a minority of ARPG fans.

Diablo IV might not have the depth or replayability of PoE at the moment, the future may provide both, but it feels a lot more engaging and fun. So until PoE 4.0 is released Diablo IV will be my go to for the ARPG experience.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
Fapmobile wrote:
You play diablo 4 so that you can skip the story?

You start watching movies in the middle too?

Worst analogy ever. Do you watch the same movie 10 times a month?

This thread is stupid and repetitive, GGG shouldn't do anything based on what a company who's not even a shadow of what it used to be does, but have an alternative and quicker leveling method should be an option for those who finished the campaign at least once in a league.

I like the story - it's the map grind with no significant increase or changes to your character that gets boring.

Character growth is where the fun is.
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
I like the story - it's the map grind with no significant increase or changes to your character that gets boring.

Character growth is where the fun is.

This. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I think this mainly a mindset problem.

I used to think this way.

However, when you get to maps you are also doing almost the exact thing other characters were doing, so... where does it end?

Do you want to be able to start a character at level 90 too? Because the only "real" game is the endgame?

Even if they allow you to make a level 65 char, you'll get bored of it eventually.

The only way to make a game "always" interesting is trying to improve constantly by setting rules for yourself.

These rules can be simple, like: Get to maps dying at least as possible.

Or playing on Hardcore.

Or Role-playing: Play with some thematic combination of skills that seem fun and somewhat optimized even if it's not strong for endgame. Then you can try to make it strong by farming a lot.

There is also equipment restriction but I don't like it very much.

You can also list out gems/items/archetypes you consider overpowered and try beating the game with the rest.

To each their own, ofc. But if you play for efficiency ONLY you'll get bored pretty quick no matter what.

ARPG's are like drinking wine.
Last edited by Gordyne on May 8, 2023, 1:01:04 PM
Here's why I will go to D4.....

Cause I can play more than 1 game at a time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info