The main reason I will go to Diablo 4:

imo d4 just reskin d3
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
d4 just reskin d3

In what universe? I get that Diablo might not be a perfect fit for the core PoE player, especually not the 40/40 folks, but posts like this are just bitter lunacy, for reasons... I just don't know.

Anyways we are a little over a week out from the D4 NA Early access launch. No bloviating will matter after that. It will stand (or fall) on its own.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Yeah, have fun. Diablo 4 has the player retention of a wet poop, god damn the game gets boring after WT 4, holy shit it gets boring. Have fun tho :)
"
eye_356 wrote:
Yeah, have fun. Diablo 4 has the player retention of a wet poop, god damn the game gets boring after WT 4, holy shit it gets boring. Have fun tho :)

Haven't you heard? Player retention is only relevant to PoE. It's pure forum ammunition, as Diablo/Blizzard do not make these numbers public, as far as I know. Anyhow, I still haven't understood why it's a negative thing that some players no-life PoE the three first weeks of a league and quits, as longs as they're back the next league.

The same goes for D4, I guess. Depending on the season content, I guess.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"THE MAIN REASON I WILL GO TO D4" BYEEEE!!! END of STORY.

Why is this thread not locked yet?

Like what is the point of it? You wanna play D4 go. So what? Leave. The sooner the better. No reason to come here and run a psy-op to change peoples hearts and maliciously try to get more people to leave. These woke social justice warriors are nuts.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
eye_356 wrote:

Haven't you heard? Player retention is only relevant to PoE. It's pure forum ammunition, as Diablo/Blizzard do not make these numbers public, as far as I know. Anyhow, I still haven't understood why it's a negative thing that some players no-life PoE the three first weeks of a league and quits, as longs as they're back the next league.

I mean you're not a dumb guy Phrazz. Why do you think retention in a F2P game like PoE might be more important than retention in P2P style game like D4? Just think it out. In D4 every single player, all of them, have been fully monetized. PoE needs volumes to return and play longer to hopefully monetize them at some point (or leverage the fuck out of whales)

That said D4 is trying live service. The lead dev for D4 literally said D4 isnt a forever game, and it's intended to be finished at some point after a few hundred hours. The goal is to entice players to return consistently for seasons and expansions. Let's see how that goes I guess. Hopefully it works out that D4 creates good content with the intent to make more money. That's a win win for players imo.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Jun 14, 2023, 6:15:20 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
eye_356 wrote:

I mean right now there is very little reason for people to play the game because Season 1 hasnt started. Its not like people line up to play Standard in PoE, either. I cant even go on HC standard and show off my Demigod becuase no one is ever in chat when I link it. Very few people play non-seasonal content anymore.

Ive personally just been pacing myself, dabbling here and there waiting on the season. Does D4 have issues? It does, but I'll hold my full judgement until Season 1.
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
eye_356 wrote:

I mean you're not a dumb guy Phrazz. Why do you think retention in a F2P game like PoE might be more important than retention in P2P style game like D4? Just think it out. In D4 every single player, all of them, have been fully monetized. PoE needs volumes to return and play longer to hopefully monetize them at some point (or leverage the fuck out of whales)

That said D4 is trying live service. The lead dev for D4 literally said D4 isnt a forever game, and it's intended to be finished at some point after a few hundred hours. The goal is to entice players to return consistently for seasons and expansions. Let's see how that goes I guess. Hopefully it works out that D4 creates good content with the intent to make more money. That's a win win for players imo.

I don't see how player retention is different issue for D4 than it is POE. Most people buy who play POE religiously buy the season pass and a few stash spaces and specific stashes. The skins are bought on a whim. With the exception of stash spaces D4 is the exact same as POE in that regard.
x
Last edited by LowBudget780 on Jul 7, 2023, 11:44:24 AM
"
Thesuffering wrote:

I don't see how player retention is different issue for D4 than it is POE.

It's just revenue, don't over complicate it. Hogwart's Legacy and Elden Ring for example, are not worried about retention either. They want to make as many sales as possible, and thats about it. PoE (and other F2P games) needs people constantly returning and online to make money.

Granted D4 is trying something a bit new with live service and a cash shop / battle passes, and planned paid expansions, but for Blizzard, marketing those seasons and expansions will not be problematic. IE... If they have a Monk / Paladin class expansion next June for $50, people will gobble it up. (and I would argue a better value than some wings or armor set)
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info