The main reason I will go to Diablo 4:

"
Phrazz wrote:
Yeah, PoE has some serious issues with dropped loot. But my experiences with the Diablo 4 beta was not really breathtaking either. You run around looking for orange, and are looking at ONE mod on that orange item, that you will - in 9/10 situations - harvest from the item, destroying that "cool" item in the process.

That's essentially how rares in PoE were in sentinel, where you looked for one recombinable mod and smashed the item against another same item. I didn't play the league much, but the feedback was pretty great overall, especially to this precise aspect.
"
Xyel wrote:

That's essentially how rares in PoE were in sentinel, where you looked for one recombinable mod and smashed the item against another same item...

And why did you combine it with another item and not just used it as is? Because there were/are several other relevant mods for your build. Hell, on bows now you're looking for at least 4 relevant mods.

Does this make it so that there's too much power in items, and not enough on the tree? Maybe. Possibly. But it sure as hell makes itemization more interesting. In Diablo 4, NONE of the non-legendary mods on an item seemed relevant, at all. Maybe movement speed.

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on May 7, 2023, 1:06:37 PM
I really hope 3xG is not wasting precious time and resources making a complex and cool campaign that nobody wants and is more focused on end-game for PoE 2.
Last edited by FedeS on May 7, 2023, 1:35:43 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

That's essentially how rares in PoE were in sentinel, where you looked for one recombinable mod and smashed the item against another same item...

And why did you combine it with another item and not just used it as is? Because there were/are several other relevant mods for your build. Hell, on bows now you're looking for at least 4 relevant mods.

Does this make it so that there's too much power in items, and not enough on the tree? Maybe. Possibly. But it sure as hell makes itemization more interesting. In Diablo 4, NONE of the non-legendary mods on an item seemed relevant, at all. Maybe movement speed.

What does 'interesting' mean? Most PoE items also have ~0-1 interesting mods, as in mods that alter gameplay, and the rest is pure power - typical top bow is +2 arrows, 3x T1 added ele damage, atk speed, +1... which is one interesting mods and 5 specific power mods. D4 itemization looks very similar - get the one interesting mod, and juice as much pure power from the rest as you can.
"
Gogotar wrote:
You can skip the story acts, in Daiablo 3 they had adventure mode.

Path of exile is a more complex game that I would like to invest my time on but I did it once years ago and had enough of it because just the thought of going through the acts again prevented me to even bother with the ganme again.

Its archaic game design that doesn't belong in 2023.

This one looks like typical blizzard boots, guys don't fall for posts like this... there will be a lot more of these these days...
"
Xyel wrote:

What does 'interesting' mean?

Interesting can mean many things. Impactful is one of them. I don't think I ever picked up an item in D4 that felt impactful in any way, beside the legendary mod. In PoE, you feel the increased attack speed. You notice the crit. you see the cast speed. Even while leveling. The 'base damage' of an item isn't 'set', like it seemed to be in D4. You also have different kinds of damage on all items, be that physical, elemental, DoT, penetration, linked gems or whatever.

In D4? Here, have this bow. It's for Rogue 'only', deals one type of damage no matter what, and the base damage doesn't really vary at all within certain levels. Does it have other mods than the base damage? Sure, but you don't notice them unless it's a certain legendary mod.

At least, that's my experience from the BETA. And we could keep having this discussion for another hour, but I think it all comes down to subjectivity and taste. I feel PoE's itemization is superior. You don't. We're both right.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xyel wrote:

What does 'interesting' mean?

Interesting can mean many things. Impactful is one of them. I don't think I ever picked up an item in D4 that felt impactful in any way, beside the legendary mod. In PoE, you feel the increased attack speed. You notice the crit. you see the cast speed. Even while leveling. The 'base damage' of an item isn't 'set', like it seemed to be in D4. You also have different kinds of damage on all items, be that physical, elemental, DoT, penetration, linked gems or whatever.

In D4? Here, have this bow. It's for Rogue 'only', deals one type of damage no matter what, and the base damage doesn't really vary at all within certain levels. Does it have other mods than the base damage? Sure, but you don't notice them unless it's a certain legendary mod.

At least, that's my experience from the BETA. And we could keep having this discussion for another hour, but I think it all comes down to subjectivity and taste. I feel PoE's itemization is superior. You don't. We're both right.

I do think, or at least expect, PoE's itemization to be superior... but I don't think the difference is all that large. In the end, you play a specific build, where you look for a very specific mod combination for each item slot that makes it practically impossible to drop an upgrade for the slot yourself, hence all items are crafted or traded for, rare drops becoming meaningless as far as own itemization is concerned.
Last edited by Xyel on May 7, 2023, 3:13:33 PM
Burned out, simple as that
you spend like 1% of the league in acts and Im sure OP will enjoy D4, it's going to play just like D3 did.
I am just gonna watch the cutscenes on youtube.

I want to play barb but since they upped the legendary spawn rate in the beta and I still couldnt get the barb to work properly except for thorns build, I think playing the game as barb will be a frustrating experience.

If i was to play i would play necromancer because there are no items needed to make that class good. But it is boring for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info