Diablo 4 announces that there will be a campaign skip ... its time for POE to do the same

Poe2 is doa already.

cant beat diablo4 due to gameplay simply is more fun with d4.
streamers will just play d4.

and poe2 will fade away slowly
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
Indeed. My argument was that acts are obviously not hard enough if people think it's so boring playing them.

This imo fundamentally misses the reasons acts are boring. It's not because they're easy, but because:
1 - It's an extremely linear, repetitive experience - the acts are always the same, have the same quests in the same places, same mobs in the same places, and everything always happens in the same order. It also progresses only itself, with no player agency.

2 - Practically everything that drops becomes meaningless within a few hours. Dropped the best possible rare in Act2? It's vendor trash by the time you reach Act 5. The drop rate of things that are meaningful is so low it barely happens (I think I've dropped ~3 EXes/Divines across 20++ campaign runs, and precisely once I dropped a valuable item - an empower gem (it was such an event that I remember it)). The average currency yield of running the entire campaign is about equivalent to running 2 - 5 lvl68 random heist contracts... except that the campaign takes 4-10 hours while the contracts take under 20 minutes.

3 - There is no variety in the content/encounters. It's just an area with mobs and a league mechanic that's balanced to be meaningless in the campaign.

4 - You often don't play the build you want, but what you have to - many builds become enabled on higher link amount and/or with specific items, which you just don't have in the campaign.

Increasing the difficulty of the campaign would solve absolutely nothing about these 4 factors, only make them worse because one would have to spend more time getting through it.

"
Exhumer1 wrote:
Imagine Path of Exile with an auction house– sure, it would remove some of the 'tedium' that exists with the current trading system, but would it actually make it a better, more engaging game?

Yes, and by a lot, as it would greatly decrease the time spent on annoying activities, freeing it up to spend it on fun activities, making the game more engaging.
Last edited by Xyel on Apr 28, 2023, 7:13:44 AM
"
skjutengris wrote:
Poe2 is doa already.

Yeah sure, project more.
"
skjutengris wrote:
Poe2 is doa already.

Would not say POE2 (which in reality is a glorified expansion like 3.0) is DOA but people should not live in the delusion that it will be another game.

If people already do not like the base game it wont really change with patch 4.0.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 28, 2023, 6:42:10 AM
If I could skip the campaign I would create 10+ characters. But I wouldn't play each league because at one point I would run out of builds to play.
Most people want campaign skip because it's faster. They just want things for free. They never tell you what they want instead. Slower map progress?!?

If you ask them if they want some free Chaos Orbs too, they would say yes.
If they put that in, they do it to have something PoE does not. Not to have something good.

It hasn't even launched yet, and they're promoting skipping the campaign.

Sounds really healthy, can't wait to skip it all /s

Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
kaepae wrote:

It hasn't even launched yet, and they're promoting skipping the campaign.

They are promoting player advocacy. Full stop.

You have to complete the campaign once first before its an option. Subsequent characters have the abiltiy to do it again, or any other way the player wants to level.

Players having the option, and not being forced by the devs to do something they dont enjoy, is far better.

There is no sane, reasonable, argument against this type of accessibility. PoE is the one that has this wrong.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Apr 28, 2023, 3:35:30 PM
Why does every game have to do things the same way?
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DopeyFishX wrote:
"
roundishcap wrote:
I think POE players and devs are too enamored with the race at league resets to ever let players skip or boost each other.

I know that five ways are a thing, but real d2 and d3 boosting takes like 15 minutes to get to endgame levels.

POE2 is going to answer where the direction of this game is going. I except to be disappointed with the reveal at exilecon (if there is one) because the stuff coming out of GGG since poe2 was announced has been truly mid, mediocre, forced, tiring, unfun game changes to keep people logged in.

Letting people progress to endgame faster without practicing in a racing group for days on end is just not on their agenda.

GGG just needs to make it one character needs to beat the campaign on a per league basis... done.

This.

And there are still people trying to argue about this system and defending it after finishing the campaign for 5000 times. This type of people making me seriously mad. Why would you want to play the campaign for every single build? Just why? I just want to smash some neurons to these people's brains and fix them but you know I'm just an ordinary homosapien.
Neden yaşıyorsun?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info