TEN Crucible league PoE facts that might make the Haters second guess their wrong BelIeFs

1) Crucible has the best retention out of all leagues in 3 years

2) GGG has done a good meta shake on the classes. The previously very unpopular Juggernaut & Pathfinder are now strong and popular

3) Multiple new and interesting immortal / hyper damage builds exist already

4) Weapon power creep was 5x stronger than any nerfs

5) Rares were unchanged

6) Soul Eater has existed for years

7) Every league start has had bug fixes and adjustments. GGG buffed and adjusted this league mechanic very smoothly.

8) Ruthless has had no effect on the normal PoE - characters are stronger, all maps and bosses are easier than ever; there is no reason to assume that the game has been made more "ruthless" than what the standard has been so far.

9) Players not understanding how development or game balancing works, does not mean that GGG is lying to them or that they worked an extra month on nothing

10) GGG is not silent or ignoring the player base, there is a live update thread on the front page that is updated up to 10x per day - something that has never existed before - a complete opposite of radio silence.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2023, 3:30:02 PM
haters don't care...they just want to hate...this post results in nothing.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Nice bait, but you aren't playing the league. 'OMG this is so great' doesn't work when you haven't touched it with a teen foot pole.
"
Xyel wrote:
Nice bait, but you aren't playing the league. 'OMG this is so great' doesn't work when you haven't touched it with a teen foot pole.

Which point there necessitates me playing the maps?
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
so why dont you play this awesome league then?
"
Lyutsifer665 wrote:
so why dont you play this awesome league then?

I play video games when I want to.
So on one hand you're playing apologist with these 'facts' (that last one is misleading in its 'up to ten times a day' magnitude and you know it -- a few days after release the rate of updates slowed down significantly), but on the other 'you play video games when you want to', which means you're not actually engaging with this league -- so anyone disagreeing with you about Crucible based on their experiences actually can't get anything out of you.

So...there isn't really much room there for a meaningful discussion or discourse here, is there? You just dumped ten 'facts' and whenever someone who may have experience that either contradicts them OR more importantly adds nuance to the situation, you fall back on 'I just don't want to play this game right now'. Entirely your right not to play it, but it's a bit like saying 'this book is great, look at the sales, haters, you're wrong' when you yourself haven't read it.

No one should take that sort of argumentation seriously. As the kids say, you have no skin in the game. Neither do I, but at least I'm honest about it and keep my commentary to things I do know and have experienced about GGG and PoE.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Apr 21, 2023, 8:35:18 PM

As someone who largely agrees with your core point here, I'm also in agreement with Foreverhappychan here. Seeing a thing in the abstract and having first hand experience on a game are entirely seperate things. People have trouble understanding why marathoning is fun until they train for one (and rightfully many do agree their original opinion is correct, but clearly, not everyone).

A bad faith arguement does much more harm to your case than silence.

To clarify a point made by Foreverhappychan's example in books, things like sales (or in PoE's case, player retention in the league) are meterics that are important. It tells you that this thing has resonated with someone enough for them to engage in it (even if it has faults or is classicaly bad). But you cannot qualify them as good (or bad) on a personal arguement because you've got nothing to draw from. That it's popular (or unpopular) isn't a factor of quality in a vaccum, and neither are indicators of where or what could be improved, particularly in games, one need look no further than the classic WoW Rested example for a way to radically alter a games perceived quality without changing anything.
Cmon man you don't even have a league character created, I'm disappointed in the bait kmq
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
1) Crucible has the best retention out of all leagues in 3 years

2) GGG has done a good meta shake on the classes. The previously very unpopular Juggernaut & Pathfinder are now strong and popular

3) Multiple new and interesting immortal / hyper damage builds exist already

4) Weapon power creep was 5x stronger than any nerfs

5) Rares were unchanged

6) Soul Eater has existed for years

7) Every league start has had bug fixes and adjustments. GGG buffed and adjusted this league mechanic very smoothly.

8) Ruthless has had no effect on the normal PoE - characters are stronger, all maps and bosses are easier than ever; there is no reason to assume that the game has been made more "ruthless" than what the standard has been so far.

9) Players not understanding how development or game balancing works, does not mean that GGG is lying to them or that they worked an extra month on nothing

10) GGG is not silent or ignoring the player base, there is a live update thread on the front page that is updated up to 10x per day - something that has never existed before - a complete opposite of radio silence.

well summarized 👌
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info