I dont know why the whole Diablo vs POE thing exists.

"
Thesuffering wrote:

I dont think casuals play POE or if they do for long. POE has a total of 27.5 million unique accounts. But only 10% actually play each league if that(peaks at slightly less than 2 million users a day). I dont think POE is a casual friendly game.

Who do you think watches Ziz tutorial vids and similar?

Now they will be even less present so numbers will drop.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 26, 2023, 3:56:42 AM
"
"
Thesuffering wrote:

I dont think casuals play POE or if they do for long. POE has a total of 27.5 million unique accounts. But only 10% actually play each league if that(peaks at slightly less than 2 million users a day). I dont think POE is a casual friendly game.

Who do you think watches Ziz tutorial vids and similar?

The tutorial vids? The hardcore for sure looking ot understand the game. If they were less than half an hour total, I would say casual. But Ziz vids are like and hour long for each element of the game lol. No casual would sit through that.

Casuals do however like to watch entertaining clips of poe for some reason.

I would consider myself a hardcore poe enjoyer but even i wouldnt sit through Ziz's tutorial vids.

But yeah tldr the hardcore.
It's simple.

D2 was the best ARPG to ever have been made.

GGG are D2 fans and wanted to make something on their own that had many D2 elements but also improve upon or extend beyond that.

D3 came out, soon people realize Blizzard are off their rocker and POE superseded it.

Blizzard further off their rocker with shareholder priority and social politics produce some mobile hybrid D3-D4 caked in blatant signalling, repeating the same mistakes and it's now apparent they can't hold a candle to the wind to POE let alone what POE2 could be.

POE has clearly taken the ARPG throne and yet it's far from perfect, that's how far Blizzard has slid.

Blizzard hasn't improved on a game that is 23 years old, a true testament to what losing a real development team with passion is, a testament to what happens when corporate profit, social politics and mass money appeal becomes a priority.
Last edited by poeGT on Mar 26, 2023, 5:22:48 AM
D4 is good but good enough to be my main game? Probably not.
But it is nice to have alternatives if PoE has a boring season or visionary things happen again which I can't be bothered with.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
The kind of player that Diablo draws and the kind of player POE draws are very different. Sure I will complete Diablo iv once and call it a day but that doesnt mean POE wont remain my main game over the years past and future.

Same can be said for Diablo players but vice versa.
can it? i doubt the average diablo enjoyer can beat all poe content tbh xd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

I dont understand what people see in D4.
It might be a good game for a one time playthrough, but where is the endgame?

They just renamed grifts into dungeons and thats it.
Ladders is gonna be dominated by botters and cheaters again like it is EVERY season in D3.
And of course they will add Pay2Win, there already is a XP boost if you but the expensive edition...
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Because Diablo Devs hype their game up through the roof making it sound like ARPG you will be playing forever when it's clarly game of much smaller scope and depth than PoE.
Guys... Not everyone wants to play just ONE game forever.

It's like saying your girlfriend is so deep, and complex that you can spend time with her forever. You know that can't be the truth. Nah, I will just find a new one every few months/years if I can afford it.

Especially if she tries to force her 'vision' on me.
Last edited by Networm13 on Mar 26, 2023, 11:33:13 AM
"
Thesuffering wrote:

POE competes with Last Epoch and maybe Grim Dawn.

Wolcen is a game no one should play. XD

Last Epoch is really far from being complete. Endgame is bad. Grim Dawn? Yikes, what a boring game.

Wolcen is actually fun for a while, but endgame is trash.
"
MaxW81 wrote:
D4 is good but good enough to be my main game? Probably not.
But it is nice to have alternatives if PoE has a boring season or visionary things happen again which I can't be bothered with.

People were hoping D4 can return to main game status that D2 was. People were hoping Blizzard learned from D3. But they won't admit D3 sales rode off the coat tails of D2 and that it was the only modern Diablo game for 11 years, so of course people bought it and played it, especially those who never played D2 before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info