Is POE 2 going to have male and female options for each class / character

"
Complaining? Point out where I do that re PoE please. I see no need to complain about something I don't use. Maybe you meant a different verb adjacent to complain -- but I definitely don't complain. That would also imply some hope of change as a result, wouldn't it? PoE is perfect for those who want what it delivers, including plenty to complain about. ^_^

Your either/or re expenditure is a false dichotomy.

You have been making posts why Diablo is better than POE. If you dont play POE then it makes things even more suss.

Why are you here then? In a forum of a game you dont play?
"
Rannulf wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
i never cared about the gender of a character in a video game before

Sure, you may not have a problem with it, but that's because you're seeing these as "characters", which is 100% fair.

I personally think there's a problem with just considering it a "character", yet the players are still allowed to name the "character". There's sometimes a sense of "you can make this uniquely yours" when you allow people to do something like name the thing or person they're playing as, which I think is where your understanding may trip up a bit.

The reason it bothers so many people that they can't swap gender AT LEAST (more customization options is always better, of course) is because it almost completely takes away the axis of customization and personalization, and can make it harder for people to connect with or care about the thing they're playing as, especially when it's treated as something that should be relatively faceless. The player characters are just called by their classes. "Shadow", "Witch", "Marauder". These are very generic.

Something as simple as allowing people to change skin tone, hair styles, facial structures, and the like also go a long way towards helping people connect better, but being able to gender swap is considered the most basic of basic customizations. It's why diablo 3, when given the opportunity let people customize their character in some small sense, chose to do gender swapping, and it was enough, because no other ARPG (to my knowledge) had taken the steps to allow even THAT level of customization in character creation.

I may be able to play a class of any gender now, but I would be lying if I didn't say that gender locking has turned me off of A LOT of games, including this one for a while. People just like customization.

there are hundreds of games where you can spend an hour doing some pointless character creation if you want if thats really important to you this isnt one of those games and it wouldnt serve any purpose if it was

here that gets covered up by gear, mtx, and skill effects so that you never even see it so whats the point?
even if they did add it, under your armor or armor mtx, behind the molten shell, under the fog of your skills and back attachments somewhere hidden under the massive explosions and poisons and 1000000 other things going on that your screen, would it really make you feel better to know ur marauder has boobs?
i mean really?

(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
RitualMurder wrote:
would it really make you feel better to know ur marauder has boobs?
i mean really?

Yes. Really. Booba = good. More booba = better.
"
Networm13 wrote:
"
RitualMurder wrote:
would it really make you feel better to know ur marauder has boobs?
i mean really?

Yes. Really. Booba = good. More booba = better.

Yeah, i cant help but find this cringe. But different strokes.
I just think it would be better to have both options for people that like to identufy is the gender they play, Diablo has the option since 3 I wish this game had it even if you can't customize the character looks but only choose a gender.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Complaining? Point out where I do that re PoE please. I see no need to complain about something I don't use. Maybe you meant a different verb adjacent to complain -- but I definitely don't complain. That would also imply some hope of change as a result, wouldn't it? PoE is perfect for those who want what it delivers, including plenty to complain about. ^_^

You have been making posts why Diablo is better than POE. If you dont play POE then it makes things even more suss.

...Answer my question. Where am I COMPLAINING about PoE? As you said, I don't play it anymore. I have no room or right to complain so I don't.

So recant that please.

BTW I never said DIV is better than PoE either. Don't simplify my stance for your own benefit, thank you.

What exactly is suss? I have a custom avatar. I designed items for this game. I may not play anymore but I still care about PoE and GGG. Are you accusing me of shilling? Seriously? Lol.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"

...Answer my question. Where am I COMPLAINING about PoE? As you said, I don't play it anymore. I have no room or right to complain so I don't.

So recant that please.

BTW I never said DIV is better than PoE either. Don't simplify my stance for your own benefit, thank you.

What exactly is suss? I have a custom avatar. I designed items for this game. I may not play anymore but I still care about PoE and GGG. Are you accusing me of shilling? Seriously? Lol.

I think I thought you were Hikari another person who doesnt play POE that Says DIV is better the POE. I apologize for the confusion.

That said, not playing the game and sticking around the forum is suss. Why not move on to games like Grim Dawn, Diablo IV, Torchlight or Last Epoch. If it isnt the game for you why not let those that enjoy the game enjoy it?

Its is a game made with the concept of making a game the maker likes to make and not a game for the masses. If you like the game fine, play it, if you dont like the game fine dont play it. It wasnt their intenti0on to make a game for the masses. They intention was to make the perfect game for themselves.
"
Thesuffering wrote:

That said, not playing the game and sticking around the forum is suss. Why not move on to games like Grim Dawn, Diablo IV, Torchlight or Last Epoch

The problem with your thinking is that its counter-intuitive to the GGG development cycle and monetization strategy. It focuses on people leaving the game and then returning each new league. GGG is constantly inviting people back that might not have played recently.

I didn't play Sanctum for example, but I played the league before that. So because someone skips a league they shouldn't post? What about posting in threads that were related to the reason they didn't play? (not liking rogue-lite for example)

What if irl obligations kept them from playing? In fact I'd argue that most players only play around 1 month of each league anyway, so for the majority of the time during the year they are not playing PoE.

Anyways this notion, even to the extreme, that the forums should only consist of zero criticism, high challenge, every day players.... well, it would be even more dead than it is now. (D4 beta aside, which has caused increased traffic for better or for worse)

Hell GGG themselves barely post here anymore lol. Or really anywhere for that matter.

Spoiler
which is interesting because CW has stated the game is better when he isnt in hiding. However that's exactly what he has been doing for awhile now, other than his marketing obligations to drive revenue every league start.

Tbh that sort of spoils the conversation around PoE2, and the state of PoE1 in general, if they really only want to disucss it for marketing. What about the reasoning and concepts behind development decisons and what they are working on? Not doing Baeclast, podcasts, interviews, posting on Reddit, etc.. its just not a great way to instill confidence or build trust with the players. I don't know exactly when the philosophy changed to hididng and silence (maybe 3.15?) but imo, it sucks compared to what it used to be.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"

These are discussions about Diablo and POE, it's only fair everyone shares their opinions on the topic. Outside of a few people who keep throwing out "fanboy" ad hominem type comments and the like, it's all fair game.

As for the fanboy insults, it's kind of funny. Imagine going to a Laker game and being angry about all the Laker fans. Once you put it in that optic, it's easy to laugh off.
"
Nubatron wrote:

As for the fanboy insults, it's kind of funny. Imagine going to a Laker game and being angry about all the Laker fans. Once you put it in that optic, it's easy to laugh off.

True, but at the same Laker game you see some guy in a Kobe jersey with his face painted purple and yellow, yelling at the opposing players wife/family/fans, and you think, "wow take it down a notch bro. We get it, you like the Lakers"

It's equally as funny.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info