Is POE 2 going to have male and female options for each class / character

O lord, found the guy with pronouns in his Twitter bio and thinks he’s saving the world posting a Ukrainian flag
They should definitely give us the option to select male or femeale version of the specific class, like in D4. I don't think terminology is a problem cause you can simply have Marauder and Warrioress or rename Marauder to Warrior and have Warrior and Warrioress. I really wanna play as a male version of Witch to see a taller, masculine version of this class called Wizard for example. PoE 2 should be the evolution of ARPG genre and I think gender selection is a must.
"
dev0n wrote:
They should definitely give us the option to select male or femeale version of the specific class, like in D4. I don't think terminology is a problem cause you can simply have Marauder and Warrioress or rename Marauder to Warrior and have Warrior and Warrioress.
You don't even need that; "warrior" is not a gender-specific term. If they switched to the gender-neutral Sorcerer and Hunter they'd be in the clear for every class.

(Yet, a lot of people like to treat "Witch" as a term for women but I prefer not to)
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on Dec 16, 2023, 7:54:05 PM
No. This isn't reddit. Go away.
Jonathan's response:
"
I personally don't particularly want to implement the full on character editor that a lot of games have.

We don't currently have anything like that, and it's something that would take a huge amount of work. It's also something that I don't think would have a huge payoff for us. You tend to immediately cover your character up with armour after all.

I think the reason that a lot of games even get away with the dev cost of it is because they use the same tech for creating NPCs in their game world as well. If you need to create hundreds of human characters, and you want your game designers to be able to do that, then an in engine character editor can make that happen.

But this kind of thing goes against our philosophy in some ways.

When designing a town we prefer to have 4 characters that say 40 things, rather than 40 characters that say 4 things. I like a small town, with a few characters where we have room to explore the characters individually more, rather than having a giant sprawling town with a bunch of forgettable NPCs.

That said, we will probably eventually have MTX's that swap the entire character out for a different one (which we would then also have voice acting for). If we did that, we would likely start to alternate gender versions of all our character classes since that is something that I think quite a lot of players would like to have.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PathOfExile2/comments/18jspcf/gender_selection_and_character_customization/

So the position hasn't changed since Exilecon 2019.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info