ok when is poe 2 coming...diablo 4 struggle

"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
Ok I didn't think that D4 would really be released before POE2. But unfortunately it is now and the beta is a lot of fun for me too after all the years of POE.. and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Exilecon in summer.
Pretty sure we'll get alot more PoE2 news then.

I think I heard somewhere that GGG are planning for a PoE2 release in late 2023 or in 2024 but might be incorrect on that.

Pretty sure it will be next year, GGG is pretty dumb if they tried competing with D4.
"
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
Ok I didn't think that D4 would really be released before POE2. But unfortunately it is now and the beta is a lot of fun for me too after all the years of POE.. and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Exilecon in summer.

I think I heard somewhere that GGG are planning for a PoE2 release in late 2023 or in 2024 but might be incorrect on that.

Pretty sure it will be next year, GGG is pretty dumb if they tried competing with D4.

Eh, second half of the year is fine. By that time POE fans would have had their fill of D4.
"
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Sorry. You guys deserve a new game for all your support, but a new engine would suffice. After all, can't feasibly transfer mtxes to a new game.

Not trying to argue but why not? If you have an account arent all the MTX purchases recorded on that account?

What DS44 said, and also presuming sufficient graphical upgrade, it's possible the word "transfer" would, internally, be a misnomer for "recreate".

Very labour-intensive, especially for a small, indie company.

At this point I would also bet that MTX's are basically getting that treatment.
During pandemic GGG mentioned not being albe to find enough artists for PoE.
We've got a lot less MTX's over the last year.
There were also recent adds for PoE/PoE2 MTX artists.

Have a look at recent CW comments about the game and PoE2 specific. Especially how he mentions that they would like to do this or that, but they couldn't in PoE1 without upsetting too many people. On top of that we had his comment that PoE has greatly outgrown their original vision for what it will be.

Even looking at the old PoE2 trailers, showcasing Spear and Crossbow weapons or Shapeshifting. What has been shown doesn't fit well (or at all) with current PoE 1-skill gameplay.

All of the above leads me to believe that PoE2 will be separate experience and last iteration of PoE1 will be preserved in some way. Most likely within the same game client.

For me it is evident that they want PoE2 to be very different game. Because of that, it makes sense to keep PoE "classic" alive in some capacity.

(Server technical capacity, to remotely check and validate list of purchases is a non-issue from technical perspective, at least for semi-modern systems)
"
Reid777 wrote:

All of the above leads me to believe that PoE2 will be separate experience and last iteration of PoE1 will be preserved in some way. Most likely within the same game client.

For me it is evident that they want PoE2 to be very different game. Because of that, it makes sense to keep PoE "classic" alive in some capacity.

And if that's what you think will happen, how do you square the shared endgame PoE1 and PoE2 will have?

This was my question regarding the engine tweaks and what that scope was. Whether many changes will be global or isolated to the PoE2 campaign and associated areas.

One would have to imagine endgame is included in that scope, but we just don't know. Or how designing future legaues will work, as the mechanics would have to fucntion for both PoE1 and PoE2 campaigns. Wouldn't this be a limitating factor? (Or console versions for that matter)
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 31, 2023, 1:53:06 PM
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:

Exilecon in summer.

Beta poe2 after exilecon so next league likely be poe2 in some form.
If not diablo4 will keep being the choice to play
"
skjutengris wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:

Exilecon in summer.

Beta poe2 after exilecon so next league likely be poe2 in some form.
If not diablo4 will keep being the choice to play

He said they will announce beta dates at Exilecon, not the beta itself. It's could be the next league as a side by side.

Perhaps they are actually pushing for a December release. Then again D4 season 1 might be the same time. Both have incentive in the holiday window.

Hope they are ready, you only get one PoE2 release to make an impression.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Reid777 wrote:

And if that's what you think will happen, how do you square the shared endgame PoE1 and PoE2 will have?

This was my question regarding the engine tweaks and what that scope was. Whether many changes will be global or isolated to the PoE2 campaign and associated areas.

One would have to imagine endgame is included in that scope, but we just don't know. Or how designing future legaues will work, as the mechanics would have to function for both PoE1 and PoE2 campaigns. Wouldn't this be a limitating factor? (Or console versions for that matter)

Those are good questions.

Shared end game, I would say that PoE1 campaign will be just updated and ported into PoE2. What leads me to that, CW comment from last year, when asked about visual clarity (I think it was during Baeclast): "The old campaign is still there, but you will play it using PoE 2 skills (so better visual clarity)", "He also mentioned that skill visuals in PoE2 are with visual clarity in mind".

I envision as "PoE1 classic", as something a bit separate. Just the old campaign, old content, possibly old skills visuals (as those might tied to how skills work differently in PoE1/PoE2.

Considering engine updates, new visuals. I don't believe it would make much sense to put all that work and isolate it to just campaign. It also extends to new monsters and bosses. They mentioned that every area in campaign will have at least 1 complex mini-boss encounter. I am certain at the end game we will see new maps, with new tiles, new monsters and bosses from PoE2 campaign. Not taking advantage of that for the end game would be real shame.

The future leagues, that's a huge question. They could make leagues that work for both games/modes. During Caladra Q&A CW mentioned that now they design league mechanic in way that makes then easy to brought back in PoE2 (whatever that actually meant). The opposite could be possible. But, more likely I would see "PoE1 classic" as Standard only experience or maybe with reruns of old all-star leagues.

We don't know GGG long term plans. We know they will have 2 separate games PoE2 and PoE Mobile. We do not know how or even if those will share content. If they will, I could imagine that this cross-content approach could be somehow extended to "PoE1 classic". If they could spend resources on Ruthless, then who knows.

In the end the truth is that the last solid information about PoE2 we got was in 2019 during reveal and in few interviews after that. That's quite a long time ago. After that we just got bits and pieces here and there, from CW. Based on those, previous info from trailers/playthrough and recent CW enthusiasm and comments about how good Ruthless is for new player I simply see PoE2 as a game with pacing that's very different from current game.

I believe a lot of long-time fans not enjoy PoE2 direction and pacing. Chris also mentioned politics and not upsetting fans with too radical changes to PoE1. This gave me idea that classic version of game, with current pacing might still exist in some capacity after PoE2 release (or update, whatever you call it).
POE2 beta Aug-Sept 2023
POE2 release Q4

What I think we will see at ExileCon:
• POE 2 game play by attendees in the new Acts
• Free, raffled, or bought beta passes for attendees
• New Gem system revealed
• New character models revealed

We were all surprised when Acts 5-10 were added all at once after the very slow previous one new Act at a time disclosure. Expect such a surprise for POE 2.

Speculated Game changes:
• 6 new acts
• A redo of the original 10 acts that may shorten the run to 6 or 8 with lots of new new art in the Acts
• A reconfiguration of all the various leagues’ content now in the game or on the side. Many could be incorporated directly into the storyline.
• A significant, fun and real melee buff!
• QoL issues that have been hanging around for "years" will be fixed
• They will adapt the current quarterly league changes format to fit the new “two paths to maps” format.
• The game will basically be the same lots of improvements including the storyline
• Better graphics all around
• Improved map art
• Improved stash and inventory
• End game? I have no idea
• Abundant skills and gear remakes

Three years of mostly silence about POE2 is telling and ExileCon is where the news is best presented. Why would you invite players to NZ in July? It is their winter and not the best time visit unless one is a skier or likes days at 14 C with rain. Last time GGG promoted NZ tourism beyond the Con. Some months are needed between the announcement and release for beta. The July ExileCon matches well with a Q4 release of the game with plenty of time for the beta.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
ChanBalam wrote:
POE2 beta Aug-Sept 2023
POE2 release Q4

What I think we will see at ExileCon:
• POE 2 game play by attendees in the new Acts
• Free, raffled, or bought beta passes for attendees
• New Gem system revealed
• New character models revealed

We were all surprised when Acts 5-10 were added all at once after the very slow previous one new Act at a time disclosure. Expect such a surprise for POE 2.

Speculated Game changes:
• 6 new acts
• A redo of the original 10 acts that may shorten the run to 6 or 8 with lots of new new art in the Acts
• A reconfiguration of all the various leagues’ content now in the game or on the side. Many could be incorporated directly into the storyline.
• A significant, fun and real melee buff!
• QoL issues that have been hanging around for "years" will be fixed
• They will adapt the current quarterly league changes format to fit the new “two paths to maps” format.
• The game will basically be the same lots of improvements including the storyline
• Better graphics all around
• Improved map art
• Improved stash and inventory
• End game? I have no idea
• Abundant skills and gear remakes

Three years of mostly silence about POE2 is telling and ExileCon is where the news is best presented. Why would you invite players to NZ in July? It is their winter and not the best time visit unless one is a skier or likes days at 14 C with rain. Last time GGG promoted NZ tourism beyond the Con. Some months are needed between the announcement and release for beta. The July ExileCon matches well with a Q4 release of the game with plenty of time for the beta.

This would be nice.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info