ok when is poe 2 coming...diablo 4 struggle

Ok I didn't think that D4 would really be released before POE2. But unfortunately it is now and the beta is a lot of fun for me too after all the years of POE.. and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Last bumped on Apr 1, 2023, 11:34:16 PM
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
Ok I didn't think that D4 would really be released before POE2. But unfortunately it is now and the beta is a lot of fun for me too after all the years of POE.. and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Exilecon in summer.
Pretty sure we'll get alot more PoE2 news then.

I think I heard somewhere that GGG are planning for a PoE2 release in late 2023 or in 2024 but might be incorrect on that.
The next Exilecon is probably the next checkpoint for information on "POE 2" but it's important to note that POE 2 is really just a very large expansion from what we know so far; not an entirely new game.

If I remember correctly, Exilecon 2 happens in July.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:

Exilecon in summer.

I think I heard somewhere that GGG are planning for a PoE2 release in late 2023 or in 2024 but might be incorrect on that.

I don't think they've ever put out dates. People on the forums have thrown out random dates and tried to back it up with some Pepe Silvia level reasoning :)

If there is a documented date range that GGG officially put out, I don't know about it.
oh okay thanks :) so wait until summer
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Last time I checked AN mods are gone, and Sanctum is one of the best received leagues. Or am I missing something?

As for D4 - until they add map overlay on screen and force move/pickup/interact on left button - I am not playing it.
Last edited by gageris on Mar 25, 2023, 9:23:21 AM
"
gageris wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:
and now Archnemesis mods and descent of the seasons Is there any news about poe2

Last time I checked AN mods are gone, and Sanctum is one of the best received leagues. Or am I missing something?

As for D4 - until they add map overlay on screen and force move/pickup/interact on left button - I am not playing it.

You are missing the fact that Sanctum is not one of the best received leagues...eehhhh actually it depends , cuz if you are comparing it to archnemesis or essence league then yes it was one of the best received leagues...
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
"
akaelbenpfeil wrote:

Exilecon in summer.

I don't think they've ever put out dates. People on the forums have thrown out random dates and tried to back it up with some Pepe Silvia level reasoning :)

If there is a documented date range that GGG officially put out, I don't know about it.

I mean there are timeline check points here. We know there will be some sort of beta or playable version at Exilecon. So we know there will be nothing before July. It stands to reason (if they have any sense) there will be a public beta test for a couple months subsequently, probably a side by side league. I don't think that will be ready for the legaue launch a few weeks after Exilecon. That seems VERY unlikely. So that puts us into the late fall/ early winter. I think the earliest we would see PoE 4.0 is in December-ish, but that might be the first D4 season too so I don't know what GGG will do. Holiday season is a good launch window so they might be pressing hard for that. The danger is they can't really have PoE2 fall flat. It has to be really ready, and really good considering it's an expansion.

To me the most reasonable date would be sometime in the 1st quarter of 2024, but even then we don't now how ready it is. It could be longer. I highly doubt much sooner though. The timelines just don't seem right.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 25, 2023, 10:09:52 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I mean there are timeline check points here. We know there will be some sort of beta or playable version at Exilecon. So we know there will be nothing before July. It stands to reason (if they have any sense) there will be a public beta test for a couple months subsequently, probably a side by side league. I don't think that will be ready for the legaue launch a few weeks after Exilecon. That seems VERY unlikely. So that puts us into the late fall/ early winter. I think the earliest we would see PoE 4.0 is in December-ish, but that might be the first D4 season too so I don't know what GGG will do. Holiday season is a good launch window so they might be pressing hard for that. The danger is they can't really have PoE2 fall flat. It has to be really ready, and really good considering it's an expansion.

To me the most reasonable date would be sometime in the 1st quarter of 2024, but even then we don't now how ready it is. It could be longer. I highly doubt much sooner though. The timelines just don't seem right.

It could be much later too. That's the thing, we really don't know. I think people who are seeing POE2 as some magical unicorn that will relieve all their woes with the game are going to be vastly disappointed.

The only thing that feels pretty certain is that we will learn more in July. I think that's the only real information we can lean on, and I don't even know if that's confirmed. It feels like a good guess though. Imagine if they held Exilecon and didn't discuss POE2; that would be a marketing catastrophe of immeasurable magnitude.
Last edited by Nubatron on Mar 25, 2023, 10:23:17 AM
4.0 probably comes out this winter with new core support packs and stuff
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info