ok when is poe 2 coming...diablo 4 struggle

"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
kekoyaso wrote:
game need better engine
as i see poe 2 still using same engine with remodeling assets that is it

i want to see even high-end pc can handle juicy maps but not hoping much about it

Wait I was under the assumption the POE2 will have a new engine?

Not sure about what engine is being used, but graphics wise, Chris has mentioned that POE 2 will have about 16x more detail compared to POE 1. It's gonna be significantly better and you can already see it on the vids from 2 years ago.
Remember when GGG had to convince everyone 3.09 was not the last version of 3.x?

It feels like they announced it way too soon and at this point I'm not holding my breath for anything.
"
brunowa wrote:
If an Exilecon is being put on then they have some pretty big announcement.

My thoughts are Beta in Q4 this year will full launch Q1 next year.

But in saying that, GGG always like to go above and beyond and have MAJOR surprises... so I wouldn't be surprised if Beta is actually Q3 this year, straight after ExileCon, with a full launch in December.

I believe that probably the big Exilcon surprise will be that PoE2 and PoE Mobile are completely separate experiences from PoE1. That's my bet.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
kekoyaso wrote:
game need better engine

i want to see even high-end pc can handle juicy maps but not hoping much about it

Would you assume the same if they'd called it PoE 4.0 or given it an expansion title?

Not being snarky or mean. Genuinely curious. You are far from alone in making that assumption but I like to ask individuals where possible.

The eCon2019 vids are clearly graphically well beyond where the game was then, but it has been incrementally improved since. Still, I see no evidence so far of a new engine being put into the old car. I am impressed they'd even try given how intricate and fragile the existing one is. How purpose-built it remains for the task at hand.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
Tablet - - Buriedbornes 2, Dawncaster, Loop Hero, Fate GO;
and,
PC - - Word and winamp ~_^
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 28, 2023, 8:04:57 PM
"
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
kekoyaso wrote:
game need better engine

Would you assume the same if they'd called it PoE 4.0 or given it an expansion title?

Not being snarky or mean. Genuinely curious. You are far from alone in making that assumption but I like to ask individuals where possible.

The eCon2019 vids are clearly graphically well beyond where the game was then, but it has been incrementally improved since. Still, I see no evidence so far of a new engine being put into the old car. I am impressed they'd even try given how intricate and fragile the existing one is. How purpose-built it remains for the task at hand.

Its not so much because they called it POE 2 but they mentioned a new engine in the reveal in 2019, now what that entails i dont know, but I always thought they had a new engine for POE2 because they said as much.

EDIT:Oh so they said they will be overhauling the engine. So it is the same engine but reworked.
Last edited by Thesuffering on Mar 28, 2023, 9:13:50 PM
Jonathan Rogers talks about most of the changes to the engine here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgZZ-jjvF0
Sorry. You guys deserve a new game for all your support, but a new engine would suffice. After all, can't feasibly transfer mtxes to a new game.
Currently playing on:
Ps5 - - Predecessor, Warhammer 40k Inquisitor, Dungeon Encounters, Assassins Creed Origins, Deep Rock Galactic/Remnant 2 (MP w mates);
and,
"
Sorry. You guys deserve a new game for all your support, but a new engine would suffice. After all, can't feasibly transfer mtxes to a new game.

Not trying to argue but why not? If you have an account arent all the MTX purchases recorded on that account?
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"

Not trying to argue but why not? If you have an account arent all the MTX purchases recorded on that account?

Presumably a new game would have its own server, and since data is sorted there it would be problematic.

It's doesn't matter however since that isn't happening. PoE2 is just a PoE1 expansion, as discussed ad nauseum. It's all shared.

*side note @Phrazz here is another one thinking a brand new engine is coming, to my continued annoyance. GGG really has to, at some point, disucss what PoE2 is and isn't. If they don't manage expectations for the 4.0 launch, it will be a disaster and might fall flat. They cannot afford that.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"

What DS44 said, and also presuming sufficient graphical upgrade, it's possible the word "transfer" would, internally, be a misnomer for "recreate".

Very labour-intensive, especially for a small, indie company.
Currently playing on:
and,
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 29, 2023, 9:49:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info