Before making a "poe is fine d4 sucks" thread you need to watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RNrCRjZO0M

Even though I hate Asmongold's opinions in general...Even though I hate being drawn into thinking like a streamer does...It might help alleviate all this "poe is fin this x game will not kill it"

The video seems rather constructive and maybe it will showcase why people taste is different.

I do love POE level of complexity while I do love diablo x and the level of finesse it has to cater to everyone ( even if in simplicity there is no hardcore mode)

Check it out, and NO I do not market this guy, and I hate him...but his opinion right now seems rather pertinent
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 21, 2023, 9:05:23 AM
Last bumped on Mar 26, 2023, 3:58:25 PM
diablo is bad. not simple. simple games may be good. it is not a case here. Asmo and other youtubers are just businessmans. stop listen to him like he is a real journalist or something. he is not/ he makes money by playing games and want to be in good relationships with major companies like bliz

and we didn't see yet anything besides first act. i can make a bet, that the rest of a game is much worse
Last edited by geddim on Mar 21, 2023, 10:22:19 AM
I love Asmon, he's great dude but he's not really arpg expert per se. Also what geddim said.

Now, if you want unbiased review from a arpg legend and someone that really knows ins and outs of the genre, watch Kripparrian's review.

Two thumbs up from me for this video.
HOW GOOD IS DIABLO 4? - KRIPP TALKS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-l91GoAjkM&t=3s&ab_channel=Kripparrian
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 21, 2023, 12:17:57 PM
I think both Asmongold's and Kripp's video were fine, somewhat objective rundowns of what Diablo 4 is or isn't.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
This topic with just your opinion would have been better instead adding in a random link of filled with random thoughts of just a streamer. Not the case with you but sadly MOST people just talk after their fav streamers thoughts without any idea about the game or what so ever. (pretty much what you've seen within all the D4/PoE topics we had lately)

His words mean nothing after all cause everyone should be able to build up their own ideas and thoughts on a game, rather than talking after whatever a steamer placed into their head.

even worse to grab thoughts of a more known mmorpg/wow streamer who has little up to none knowledge/experience about the arpg genre.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 21, 2023, 12:34:28 PM
"
Pashid wrote:
This topic with just your opinion would have been better instead adding in a random link of filled with random thoughts of just a streamer. Not the case with you but sadly MOST people just talk after their fav streamers thoughts without any idea about the game or what so ever. (pretty much what you've seen within all the D4/PoE topics we had lately)

His words mean nothing after all cause everyone should be able to build up their own ideas and thoughts on a game, rather than talking after whatever a steamer placed into their head.

even worse to grab thoughts of a more known mmorpg/wow streamer who has little up to none knowledge/experience about the arpg genre.

Meh, random opinion means nothing...I thought that an opinion that resonates to x followers ( do not know how many he has and don't bother to look it up) might help people be more objective and not just subjective.

like I said his opinion means nothing and I do hate him, but seems a rather pertinent opinion that melds a lot of subscribers mind.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Mar 21, 2023, 1:00:25 PM
Every game has its strengths and weaknesses. It's just up to you to find a game where the strengths outweigh the weaknesses in your eyes/experience. When you don't have the ability to play a beta, watching other people's opinions is an OK way for you to get a small idea as to how things are.

I was very curious about D4, and absolutely open to try it, even though D3 failed measurably to appeal to me. Watching videos, makes me think that the game is not for me, as I like ARPG's - and usually do not like MMO's. And everything in this game; the world, how it scales, how you scale, world bosses, other non-party players running around in your adventure (which is not backed in the story) and stuff like that, make me realize that this is an MMO first, and an ARPG second - which is not the game I'm looking for.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Mar 21, 2023, 1:17:12 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:
Every game has its strengths and weaknesses. It's just up to you to find a game where the strengths outweigh the weaknesses in your eyes/experience. When you don't have the ability to play a beta, watching other people's opinions is an OK way for you to get a small idea as to how things are.

I was very curious about D4, and absolutely open to try it, even though D3 failed measurably to appeal to me. Watching videos, makes me think that the game is not for me, as I like ARPG's - and usually do not like MMO's. And everything in this game; the world, how it scales, how you scale, world bosses, other non-party players running around in your adventure (which is not backed in the story) and stuff like that, make me realize that this is an MMO first, and an ARPG second - which is not the game I'm looking for.

Well said, could not agree more.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Tbh Poe at lvl 25 sucks too. Maybe even more.
assman is shit. pun intended.
but he says so many things that some things he says makes sense.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info