Before making a "poe is fine d4 sucks" thread you need to watch this

Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:28:14 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:

I disagree hombre. 10 years ago, I think Kripps opinion would be very valuable. Nowadays not nearly as much. The guy has not been playing serious ARPG's for a long time now. He played PoE when the game was barebones. What I mean to say with this is, his experience and knowledge with ARPG's are vastly inferior to someone who has been playing PoE hardcore for the last 5 years. I genuinely think that people who haven't gone deep into PoE recently don't really understand how good and how deep an ARPG can be. Which is why you get people saying that D4 has okay complexity when they've only ever played D3 as an example.

He's been playing pretty much every league recently and if you watched his review for 10 mins like you didn't, you would know he rated 6/10 for the current state of D4.
Also being good at playing the game and fundamentally understanding design of the game are two different things.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 24, 2023, 5:23:40 PM
"
Networm13 wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
Literally everything else but trash mobs are a dps race in Diablo IV. I dont see the benefit in going any defence unless it damages too.

I love this kind of argument. Isn't PoE the same? What's the point of defense if you gonna get oneshotted randomly by a trash mob anyway? Better just go for big damage to skip the battle mechanics.

Have you seen Quin69 do Uber Elder and Maven lately? As for getting one shotted by a trash mob, as the other person said, it isnt the case anymore. But i suspect that shot gunning from random new mobs at league launch will still continue to be a thing.

That said i never made a big damage character they are kind of boring to me. Most of my builds are like 5 million is dps.
"
Thesuffering wrote:
"
Networm13 wrote:
"
Thesuffering wrote:
Literally everything else but trash mobs are a dps race in Diablo IV. I dont see the benefit in going any defence unless it damages too.

I love this kind of argument. Isn't PoE the same? What's the point of defense if you gonna get oneshotted randomly by a trash mob anyway? Better just go for big damage to skip the battle mechanics.

Have you seen Quin69 do Uber Elder and Maven lately? As for getting one shotted by a trash mob, as the other person said, it isnt the case anymore. But i suspect that shot gunning from random new mobs at league launch will still continue to be a thing.

That said i never made a big damage character they are kind of boring to me. Most of my builds are like 5 million is dps.

I don't know. I think we are from different universes. I only played softcore PoE and when you play softcore speedrun farming is the king of the hill. How to clear faster you ask? Why? Biggus dickus damage ofc. Must be nice to play hcsf I guess.
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:28:23 PM
D4 Wins !!.
"
Anscendant wrote:
I can't fathom why an avid PoE player would be interested in D4. Nostalgia or maybe since it's fresh, I don't know.

Cause you can actually play it with a controller? You know. After sitting in front of a computer 8-12 hours at work. Playing a game with keyboard and mouse is just not as fun as using a controller.

Can you play PoE on Switch or SteamDeck? No? But you can play Diablo3 on Switch and SteamDeck. To some people that's a deal breaker.

But ok, the group of people I said probably won't have time for PoE. So they clearly aim at different kind of players.
Last edited by Networm13 on Mar 24, 2023, 7:37:35 PM
Damn so its the controller. hoho.
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 24, 2023, 11:18:58 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:

Why then is he so hopeful that the game can be good? It's so bland and is in my opinion almost insultingly simple and casual. It's definitely not for people who are interested in complex ARPG's who want an easy 10k hours out of it. I myself was interested when D4 got announced, but it only took one screenshot of "ATTACK/DEFENSE" to remove all my interest. I can't fathom why an avid PoE player would be interested in D4. Nostalgia or maybe since it's fresh, I don't know.

This is shit is so mindboggling to me.

If you don't like D4 to begin with, or have zero interest in it, why in the fuck do you care if someone else does? Just keep playing PoE, and everyone is happy. No need to try and figure it out, some people don't want to sweat for 10k hours, or even have 10k hours to spare. Or they want a change of pace to what they are used to.

Seriously this is like idiot bingo. If you like PoE keep playing it. Dont talk yourself into circles about why people don't see it your way. Just do you & everything will be ok, I promise. Ultimately what does it matter how many or who is playing a game you are not interested in? That makes no sense.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
Networm13 wrote:

Can you play PoE on Switch or SteamDeck? No? But you can play Diablo3 on Switch

Why would you want to play anything on a switch anyways? Even a modern phone for the same price outperforms a switch with ease.
I mean the steam deck comes at least with some decent hardware to play games properly.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on Mar 24, 2023, 11:26:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info