i'm sorry but there is no stopping POE.

If D4 can't keep a loyal player base to generate what Blizzard will consider , a reasonable amount of money , each season , the game will have the same fate as D3 .
It really doesn't matter how many people will play the game in the first weeks . It will only matter how many will stay and pay, in the years to come.
Diablo 4 was made was made for console players with dumb, dumb heads and it shows.

The itemization looks boring beyond belief, there are a lack of interesting change-ups to make the boring realism skills interesting, and the skill tree itself is blah. I don't think there is really much fun theorycrafting or unique and interesting playstyles in Diablo 4. It's a shame really, I remember the good old days of fighting the forces of evil with my trusty Horadric Cube and coming up with new and creative ways to take down my enemies.

But now, it seems like everything is just streamlined and generic.

I don't know how I can have any fun with that kind of ARPG.
"
JakeCourtney wrote:
Diablo 4 was made was made for console players with dumb, dumb heads and it shows.

The itemization looks boring beyond belief, there are a lack of interesting change-ups to make the boring realism skills interesting, and the skill tree itself is blah. I don't think there is really much fun theorycrafting or unique and interesting playstyles in Diablo 4. It's a shame really, I remember the good old days of fighting the forces of evil with my trusty Horadric Cube and coming up with new and creative ways to take down my enemies.

But now, it seems like everything is just streamlined and generic.

I don't know how I can have any fun with that kind of ARPG.

I'm not saying your wrong, but the game on console doesn't look great visually from what I've seen. That would seem to contradict that it was targeted at console somewhat.

But maybe you mean the gameplay only?
If was Chris and able to do that I would release PoE 2 onm July.

D4 can only be the biggest POE 2 ad.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
What's funny is I have almost zero faith in Blizzard to deliver any good products again.

However, with how bad PoE has become, D4 doesn't actually have to do much for me to want to play it over PoE. Specifically the moment to moment gameplay. Because the vast majority of PoE gameplay is mapping, and it feels like *ass*. There's no decision making, there's no game in the gameplay. You destroy screens in one click, normal / magic / rare monsters it's doesn't matter, and you use one skill. Oh man are you at the map boss? Pop some CD's and if you're lucky you might get to experience a couple seconds of an almost-fight.

D4 will assuredly have less overall depth, less crafting (good personally) and obviously less mechanics since PoE has become so damn bloated.

But, if D4's monsters and bosses actually live long enough to fight back, I need to use all my skills and make quick decisions to survive, and actual usable gear drops from said monsters, then that's a win. We'll see.

I completely agree.
Last edited by kenbak on Mar 18, 2023, 8:17:05 PM
"
Bleu42 wrote:
What's funny is I have almost zero faith in Blizzard to deliver any good products again.

However, with how bad PoE has become, D4 doesn't actually have to do much for me to want to play it over PoE. Specifically the moment to moment gameplay. Because the vast majority of PoE gameplay is mapping, and it feels like *ass*. There's no decision making, there's no game in the gameplay. You destroy screens in one click, normal / magic / rare monsters it's doesn't matter, and you use one skill. Oh man are you at the map boss? Pop some CD's and if you're lucky you might get to experience a couple seconds of an almost-fight.

D4 will assuredly have less overall depth, less crafting (good personally) and obviously less mechanics since PoE has become so damn bloated.

But, if D4's monsters and bosses actually live long enough to fight back, I need to use all my skills and make quick decisions to survive, and actual usable gear drops from said monsters, then that's a win. We'll see.

The leagues(after AN) that you cant one shot everything was the most critisized thiems of PoE
"
iuiulitza wrote:
If D4 can't keep a loyal player base to generate what Blizzard will consider , a reasonable amount of money , each season , the game will have the same fate as D3 .
It really doesn't matter how many people will play the game in the first weeks . It will only matter how many will stay and pay, in the years to come.

D3's fate was because it stopped releasing content. D3 during Vanilla and RoS were very popular and played by a lot of people.

But RoS released in 2014 and that was it. I 100% believe if they kept releasing expansions, they would have kept a healthy playerbase. But that wasnt how Blizzard did it then. Vanilla, 1 expansion, next.

But I do think thats how they are going to do it now in 2023. Because live service games are insanely popular, and generate way more money.

I do think people actually forget just how popular D3 was during the Vanilla and RoS days, which were over 7 years ago at this point.
"
Destructodave wrote:
"
iuiulitza wrote:

D3's fate was because it stopped releasing content. D3 during Vanilla and RoS were very popular and played by a lot of people.

But RoS released in 2014 and that was it. I 100% believe if they kept releasing expansions, they would have kept a healthy playerbase. But that wasnt how Blizzard did it then. Vanilla, 1 expansion, next.

But I do think thats how they are going to do it now in 2023. Because live service games are insanely popular, and generate way more money.

I do think people actually forget just how popular D3 was during the Vanilla and RoS days, which were over 7 years ago at this point.

D3 was just a thrue insult to D2 players , lost all the spirit and the depth of the franchise to make something more in line with the WOW players base ..... a shinny casual game with cash grab mechs.
D4 will may be better but won't find back the roots of D2.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
exsea wrote:
"
oldmunchi wrote:
"
dagul23 wrote:
let's see what POE 2 brings

poe2 is a new campaign, aka what people spend 4-6 hours running through as fast as they can to get out of it.

beyond that, theres some changes like every item can be 6 linked, which tbh is still not going to make people use multiple primary skills. will just be aura links, movement, cwdt, defensive totem, etc.

i think you're slightly wrong on that. gear cannot be 6 linked anymore, instead active skill gems can be 6 linked. i believe certain support gems will also be allowed to be 6 linked.

gear will have permanent fixed sockets. 4 sockets on 2 handers and 2 sockets on the rest, totalling 10 active skills.

it is believed either jewellers OR fusings will cease to have any function as gems that are rolled will always have their sockets fully linked.

as for having multiple primary skills. at the very least players will now be incentivized to use at least 2 primary skills. i myself am currently running flicker AND viperstrike, for clearing and bossing respectively.

my current setup is:

Flicker strike
Viper strike
Molten shell
Dash
Blood rage
Determination
Herald of Agony
Precision

total 8 active skills. and many are sharing links so they're not as strong as they can be.

having the ability to have all of them 6linkable is gonna be huge. awaken/empower/enlighten are gonna much more higher in demand.

having 10 fixed active skill slots allow me to even consider adding vengeance/trigger gems into my build and i could even consider adding vigilant strike to tap for fortify.

LOL this guy says blood rage, determination, a herald and precision are ACTIVE skills
POE2 would be just fine
Diablo IV would be just fine

POE boards naturally would favour this game and it should, it has done very well. The Diablo IV sub-reddit points towards a largely positive reaction to the Beta and I have no doubt that the game would be a massive success.

It's not a zero sum game and these 2 IP's have strong followings and both can succeed. POE caters to more dedicated gamers whereas Diablo's user experience is much more friendly for casual gamers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info