No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

Hi,

I may be (but I don't think I am) alone in being anxious of large-scale patches/manifestos. Some changes break items, some entire builds. Nine times out of ten though, I can comfortably say "I wonder how much my build's been nerfed".

Every build I make is so incredibly pigeonholed in layers of complexity. All required to get the most out of it, while maintaining the 4-D web of defences required as of the last 4 years or so. To the point where normal implicits aren't good enough anymore. They need to be double t1 synthesized implicits or my build doesn't work!

I choose this level of complexity and so it's my own fault. I could just go the default BiS bow, trap or spellcaster build that allows for simpler deviation. Though after a decade of PoE, I struggle to be enthusiastic about cookie-cutter, Meta-builds. Souls-likes, rogue-likes, RPGs; I need to swing a big weapon for it to feel like my actions have weight. Flicking colours at a distant enemy isn't my thing and In PoE currently, you're punished for playing melee.

Anyway, I think the reasons I love PoE overlap with those for why I hate it. Good luck making someone like me happy, GGG!
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Mar 12, 2023, 5:13:35 PM
Losing money?
They did it bois, they nerfed the Manifesto into the ground.

What can't GGG do? (J/ks, love you guys).
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
"Don't worry"

Doubt. We'll just be forced to beta test on league launch to find out what the actual nerfs are.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
That's weird.
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
How many builds gonna be crushed to the ground this time?
Dear GGG. We are many that love Ruthless mode, and can’t wait to see what you have planned for adjustments to it and for the next league to be Ruthless enjoyable.
Best regards
Old school gamers
Thanks, buff Carryon golems, my laptop will thank you.
There's always a "GGG paw". Every. Single. Time. You know it. I know it. GGG knows it. Something will be deeply fucked. Or just shot in the back of the head behind the shed. Twice. There was ONE league, there nothing changed. ONE.
I am sonny (not sorry) GGG, but I will no trust you any more. Ever. Not after you executed my characters, that were worth HUNDREDS of exalts. Multiple times.
Yeah, we will see when the time comes.
I think this could be interesting.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info