No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

"
ibims111 wrote:
"
nickwchi wrote:
lmao! I read it as, "we pride ourselves a studio who has been being clear and transparent in communication with our playerbase since our inception, but because throughout the years we've fxxked up our casual players so bad and now all we left is a bunch of ADHD whinny RMT kids (with their rich daddy wallet tho), and since sugarcoating nerf no longer work as well so.... no more manifesto"

despite all the backlash from kalandra and rare monster changes, if you had no fun in 3.20 and struggled to grow wealth in this recent patch even with only one hour per day of playtime, you clearly do something wrong. It has never been easier to earn by simply doing anything in this game.

And you would be surprised how many people enjoy PoE in their ++30s. Sometimes things are pretty simple. If you suck at something you wish you don´t, change something. Accusing others to RMT just because they have what you desire is pathetic.

[Removed by Support] The fact is their revenue in 2022 decreased by NZD $21mil YoY, and a whopping NZD $33mil or 30% lesser compared to YA2020. Spare your opinion and stuff it up where it hurt, numbers dont lie.
Last edited by Chulainn_GGG on Mar 15, 2023, 3:07:10 PM
Guys, Bring Lacerate, Heavy Stike, BLADE FLURRY Back to life :D I played BF once and never again bcs its unplayable xD
Where are the teasers?

*Rubs Nipples*
Small nerfs will be probably Spark and SRS sadge.
"
freedomotter wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
In other words "we don't want to see negative feedback, so we won't reveal balance reworks at all until they are already installed".

Reminds me of various corrupt leaders and officials who think it will be great to shut off any public relations, so plebs won't interfere with their grand schemes and vision. And somehow, each time they end up making it worse for themselves, becoming more and more detached from their audience, and thus making increasingly destructive decisions.

You guys want to soothe yourself with the thought that you cannot possibly make mistakes, and plebs only scream and doomsaying for nothing, while their purpose is to shut up, pay, and push through your balance, well, your choice. But hiding like this hardly looks like you are sure about your footing.

This is the fucking reply section of a video game website bro, go outside.

Lmao. Their analogy is a bit weird but the message is the same. Instead of doing better, fixing mistakes, being more transparent, etc., GGG decides to stop these kinds of things because they can't handle the backlash from it.

It isn't anything new, and seems to be the general direction where GGG is heading in regards to communications with their players.

You should probably be the one to go outside just based on what you wrote. BECAUSE it's the thread to discuss/share thoughts on things, people write what they think.

EDIT: Feels kind of weird that I have to explain WHY there isn't anything wrong with people writing their thoughts on a thread where discussion/replies can be written. Seems like you don't understand what you're talking about. It's just common sense...
Interested in seeing the livestream then!
Well..... To be honest iam not surprised... Don't get me wrong. I love playing POE, SOOOOO BAAAD! it is such good game and have been playing POE the past 10 years. And usually never used to have any problems with any leagues. "HOWEVER" I would DEFFENITLY NOT CALL ALL THE FCKING "NERFS TO THE GROUND." the past 2-3 leagues now.. for "BALLANCE CHANGES" SRY but that's just a big "LIE" And you really have done it now GGG you don't even wanna show your (manifesto) nowadays its just gotten worse... Well ima try out the new league for atleast a few days. To see if it's gonna be a game changer, which i hope. If not, i'm prolly done with
PATH OF EXILE 1 FOR GOOD....

However i'm deffenitly looking forward to see POE 2 in action!!!!! since you took a big poop on POE1.

Yup it is what it is..... sad story.

Kind regards Erik! jeep it up GGG with POE 2have big thoughts on POE 2!
"
pokeroots wrote:
so there are nerfs coming... and the whole point of these was so that you could explain the process on why those nerfs are coming. I mean you got away from that and got caught with your pants down. maybe try actual transparency instead of a farce of transparency and leaving the community to find huge nerfs that aren't even listed anywhere.

This is harassment. Leave the definitely honest dev alone!
"
nickwchi wrote:
"
ibims111 wrote:
"
nickwchi wrote:
lmao! I read it as, "we pride ourselves a studio who has been being clear and transparent in communication with our playerbase since our inception, but because throughout the years we've fxxked up our casual players so bad and now all we left is a bunch of ADHD whinny RMT kids (with their rich daddy wallet tho), and since sugarcoating nerf no longer work as well so.... no more manifesto"

despite all the backlash from kalandra and rare monster changes, if you had no fun in 3.20 and struggled to grow wealth in this recent patch even with only one hour per day of playtime, you clearly do something wrong. It has never been easier to earn by simply doing anything in this game.

And you would be surprised how many people enjoy PoE in their ++30s. Sometimes things are pretty simple. If you suck at something you wish you don´t, change something. Accusing others to RMT just because they have what you desire is pathetic.

[Removed by Support] The fact is their revenue in 2022 decreased by NZD $21mil YoY, and a whopping NZD $33mil or 30% lesser compared to YA2020. Spare your opinion and stuff it up where it hurt, numbers dont lie.

I would love to stuff my opinion up where it hurts but we would have to meet then. I doubt this will ever happen, so here is my reply.

What is the point in those numbers? Should they make me think "wow, they made less money during a pandemic with not the exact number of lockdowns in every year and also with not the exact number of leagues in every year. This must be
their reason to not post manifestos anymore so that they make more money again. GGG is evil."

GGG makes money if people buy MTX. They do so when people like the content. Obvious isn´t it? So, the assumption that not posting a manifesto increases shop purchases makes no sense to me. Does it make sense to you? Also, my initial reply was about you complaining gotten nerfed into the ground which is clearly not true at all and that GGG never admitted any mistakes, which also has been proven to be wrong many times before and very recently with changes introduced in Sanctum league.

So what exactly is your statement about mate?
if you nerf 10 gems out of 30, you automatically buff the other 20!
"
Sometimes there's just so much numerical detail that the balance manifesto ends up reading like a set of patch notes, weirdly detached from the rest of the actual patch notes

"
Our balance goals with 3.21 are to provide more options and more fun for as many builds as possible, rather than reworking game systems in potentially disruptive ways.

THANK YOU!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info