No Balance Manifestos for 3.21 - Here's Why

What I am hoping I am hearing is making more builds viable again.

People need to play a larger variety of builds that can get to the end game grind. You need to start un-nerfing and focus on that. Otherwise people will just migrate to the build that is most powerful until that is also castrated. More builds viable.
REVERT SEISMIC CRY WHEN GGG >:(
brh
What am I reading?

A "Balance Manifesto" aka explanation for changes in patch notes better communicates what your intentions are behind those changes. That is factual. Good patch notes do both at the same time.

Not only are you doing this whole thing backwards you're still not properly communicating with players on why or what you're intentions are then go radio silent on obvious problems.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
pls work for minions build comback
"Our balance goals with 3.21 are to provide more options and more fun for as many builds as possible, rather than reworking game systems in potentially disruptive ways. While there are of course some small nerfs, 3.21 is most definitely not a nerf-fest."

Here is how to make the game more fun. Decouple AN mods from any content that already has its own set of modifiers. I am looking at you Essence as one of the major offenders, but there are plenty of others.

Delete the "this mob reflects some ailments."

Delete corpse detonator

Cut the Resists [Damage Type] and oh yeah Is Immune to the Ailment you would use to enhance that damage type back to 40% and remove the immunity. Why this was reverted in the following league after it was nerfed is mind boggling.

Stop having uber bosses drop degens everywhere and turning off regen.

Would also like to see crafting be in a better spot than pray a useful fracture on a useful base drops as your baseline for making a gg piece of gear. Harvest was absolutely busted, but it did let you gradually work you way to outstanding gear. Maybe something in the middle between full harvest and recombinators. Really liked delve mods and temple mods being something worth seeking out.

Being able to leverage as many league mechanics as possible to kit out a character is an aspect of PoE that I find enjoyable.

And review mana costs across the board. Immortal Call on Cast When Damage Taken has a WTF mana cost. Which reminds me to plug putting a mana leach node on the Marauder side of the tree, por favor.

Last edited by cirerrek on Mar 12, 2023, 10:35:49 PM
There's already so much in this game that's unknown. While I am a relatively new player, I am already turned off by the fact that people follow what is the most powerful. Not because they necessarily want to, but because they have to in order to progress.

The transparency in this game is absolutely jaw droppingly empty, and not communicating changes to things that people attempt to play is just a curious decision. I can't fathom a decision to not share what you're changing.

I highly doubt you'll get a ton of successful feedback with this, because the decision as a whole is just undeniably unexplainable.

I think the fact that people are forced into the same builds as everyone else, when the game provides such diversity is strange. You should strive to make each area powerful in its own way, more appealing, and more options. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's only one good build, but I should be able to piece together something that I think sounds fun and tinker it along the way to become more successful - not because I didn't realize my build was nerfed.

One thing I was warned about this game is that the developers have a sense of pride that they are the only right individuals in this game, and while you make it, we play it and pay to keep you afloat. We want to give you our money, but we also want you to listen to us. This is where most games eventually fail. Sometimes bending to the will of the community isn't going to be the demise of your game. Sometimes it may bring people back, bring in new folks, etc. POE is already new people unfriendly, but thankfully I had someone help guide me and I am still learning.

Stop curb stomping your customers and fellow gamers and try listening to them instead.
This Ain't it Chief
totems cant be more dead, so i have no fear
Well,
We will have a mystery box of Maifestos notes on reveal I guess. So hit the ground running and be ready!

Thank you GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info