How is this game playable in melee?

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
You always say "range" is so smooth

I don't think I've ever said that.

When I criticize melee, it's ALWAYS about progression and gearing, not the potential. I hope you understand that, so you can quit the "uber" and "30 sim" arguments. We all KNOW melee builds can do those.

When I talk about "smooth", it's all about progression and gear acquisition. How dependent on upgrades you are at all times. How encouraged you are to trade. How the build progresses based on the items you pick up from the ground. Simply put; how the build progresses on its own.

You seem so hung up on different "budgets" and "trading", 50c here, 20div there that it almost seems like you are unaware that certain archetypes can blow through red maps without a single bought item.

There's a reason why 'most' melee builds (with one(?) exception) never gets mentioned as "good starters". Because they aren't "smooth". They don't progress themselves, because they are heavily dependent on gear. Sure, you can of course disagree with 90% of the content creating community, but if you need examples, please do some research on that area.

The moment you mention "trading", "standard", "twink gear" or whatever, your arguments fall short when we're talking about leveling/progression. Because if a melee build needs any of that, it's already miles behind certain other archetypes.

T-spoon time: I'm not saying melee is impossible. I'm not even saying melee is worse than other alternatives when you throw money at them. I'm just saying that melee is behind certain gem scaling alternatives during progression/leveling, because their damage scale itself.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Aug 28, 2023, 5:33:09 PM
why even discuss. he hasnt shown one single pob.
he conveniently changes to frost blade and conveniently goes to simulacrum wich is conveniently coherent with frost blades and then fuck off to standard. ok dude. good. that s EXACTLY the experience people have with melee and come to the forum to talk to. gj. game is fine.

the funny part is I could pull you a league start frost blade pob faster than you from a streamer that did play it. also funny is he did simulacrum with it. anyway pointless you re not here to discuss anything. just come from your piedestal and lecture us. about stuff you dont even do.
"
SerialF wrote:
and did you have chain on your frost blade ?
you re telling me you had 7 million dps and you didnt use chaing in maps ??

highly sus

KEKW chain? Please patent whatever you're smoking...
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
bro it doesnt matter what they do to melee this playerbase will complain about it no matter what

yall build 4k hp glass cannon and wonder why melee never works for you

i think the most dominant era of melee was when we had those comically broken slam builds. the ones that 1 shot everything even with ssf gear all the while stacking almost double effect fortify on champions that made u nigh unkillable. and u know what: ppl still said melee sucked. i saw a couple ppl here and there convinced melee was in a good spot then but it was mind boggling how there was still ppl that called those builds bad

The melee gameplay is absolute joke.
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Aug 28, 2023, 7:43:18 PM
"
yamface wrote:
bro it doesnt matter what they do to melee this playerbase will complain about it no matter what

i think the most dominant era of melee was when we had those comically broken slam builds. the ones that 1 shot everything even with ssf gear all the while stacking almost double effect fortify on champions that made u nigh unkillable. and u know what: ppl still said melee sucked. i saw a couple ppl here and there convinced melee was in a good spot then but it was mind boggling how there was still ppl that called those builds bad

the trolling is hard.

saying melee is fine overall, not even on league start, when the best build makers did just 1 attempt out of 22 buils to do the ubers.

man, at least bara is not trolling at this level.
"
yamface wrote:

Melee was arguably in its best spot back in Pre-3.0 - July 2017 - before the CI Melee meta was permanently removed from the game due to the Ghost Reaver/Vaal Pact changes and 30% gut to CI's EHP. No more instant leech for ES and now numbers were much closer to average life builds. Also required more investment due to tree location just to get the same EHP but with chaos immunity, which wasn't a threat back then.

I'm not sure anyone who knows anything about melee's going to try state that a 4k HP glass cannon build should be a good basis for comparison. I mean trappers, casters and rangers can get away with 4k Hp. Sometimes even 1-tapping ubers. But melee players know that will never happen for them.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
I'm not sure anyone who knows anything about melee's going to try state that a 4k HP glass cannon build should be a good basis for comparison. I mean trappers, casters and rangers can get away with 4k Hp. Sometimes even 1-tapping ubers. But melee players know that will never happen for them.

ok but you dont fully get away with 4k hp as ranged. you still die a non-trivial amount of times, practically anything that touches you in a juiced map 1 shots you whether it be a random stray projectile or a ondeath effect etc.

the reason why 4k hp melee doesnt work at all is because it means you invested nothing into your defenses at that point which defeats the one thing melee generally has over ranged: its better defenses

obviously, if you dont invest anything into the strengths of the archetype, its going to be shit
"
Phrazz wrote:

When I criticize melee, it's ALWAYS about progression and gearing, not the potential. I hope you understand that, so you can quit the "uber" and "30 sim" arguments. We all KNOW melee builds can do those.

talking about melee strikes DPS build

curve while leveling: argh f f f f, wtf i get stunlocked before reaching enemies

wtf theres so many projectiles /danger zones

melee while getting new supports: ah slightly better but f f f theres still so many things on screen at once

le much later. le much much much much much later: with my 10-20 divine items i m vapourizing the living shit out of everything BOW BEFORE ME THE MELEE GOD KING!

melee is fine!

melee strikes Tank build

curve while leveling: everything takes sooooooo long to kill but at least i m not dy---- ok dead. lets try again.

le much much much much longer later: quin69 is the first in league to kill all atlas bosses in a single maven encounter. god gamer!

melee is fine bros! what are you talking about?

proceeds to die in a second while mapping despite being able to facetank memory game.

meanwhile, projectiles/aoe based builds:

leveling curve : spam spam spam spam, avoid some shit, spam spam spam.

end game: spam spam spam, avoid some shit, spam spam spam.

poe is the best game evar!
[Removed by Support]
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
You always say "range" is so smooth

I don't think I've ever said that.

When I talk about "smooth", it's all about progression and gear acquisition. How dependent on upgrades you are at all times. How encouraged you are to trade. How the build progresses based on the items you pick up from the ground. Simply put; how the build progresses on its own.

You seem so hung up on different "budgets" and "trading", 50c here, 20div there that it almost seems like you are unaware that certain archetypes can blow through red maps without a single bought item.

There's a reason why 'most' melee builds (with one(?) exception) never gets mentioned as "good starters". Because they aren't "smooth". They don't progress themselves, because they are heavily dependent on gear. Sure, you can of course disagree with 90% of the content creating community, but if you need examples, please do some research on that area.

The moment you mention "trading", "standard", "twink gear" or whatever, your arguments fall short when we're talking about leveling/progression. Because if a melee build needs any of that, it's already miles behind certain other archetypes.

T-spoon time: I'm not saying melee is impossible. I'm not even saying melee is worse than other alternatives when you throw money at them. I'm just saying that melee is behind certain gem scaling alternatives during progression/leveling, because their damage scale itself.

So it basically boils down to gem level scaling and the fact that it reduces the need for trade? Sure, can't deny that. Just that if you plan a bit in advance you can work through with <5 trades all the way to pinnacles. If that is your big dealbreaker then fine. Not that i consider it a big deal despite me hating trade more than anyone but it's a reasoning i can accept.

"
SerialF wrote:

the trolling is hard.

saying melee is fine overall, not even on league start, when the best build makers did just 1 attempt out of 22 buils to do the ubers.

man, at least bara is not trolling at this level.

I won't deny the fact that proxi damage/dot builds are more suitable to do ubers with. Especially so if you are a streamer with tons of practise and good mechanics. Going the mobile ranged glass cannon route to do ubers for a challenge IS the logical choice to make for them. I honestly wouldn't have expected a single melee build in that line up and certainly not heavy strike.
That said, there are other ways to approach those fights. They might end up being a bit more expensive since you have to focus on build defenses instead of leaving it to player skill but that also means the playerskill requirement isn't that high.

I couldn't possibly do any of the ubers with the kind of builds they used in the challenge i'd waste my 6 portals in a heartbeat just like every one else here. The difference is that i think about ways of doing it my way and make them work. You meanwhile sit here, recite streamer results, accepting that as the absolute truth and wail in despair about how bad melee is. And sadly, most people in this game are the same. "If streamer X says it's bad then it's bad, i can't possibly think for myself".
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Aug 29, 2023, 7:25:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info