How is this game playable in melee?

It isnt.
Last bumped on Oct 23, 2023, 8:04:00 AM
Melee isn't in the best spot these days, but the game IS playable as melee, just not as enjoyable.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Of course it isn't. If you read this forum you are only allowed to play 3 builds, usually traps and mines.
Because melee isn't the best option everyone thinks it's useless, it's not. Melee is mediocre next to spells or ranged attack builds, in some respects, but it far from dead. I guess Double Strike or Viper Strike aren't the greatest skills but there are plenty of spells nobody plays either.

Those who bemoan the state of melee are those stuck in the past or just want melee to be the best choice.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
It is playable but for some 'balance' reasons you need to make use of x5 more mechanics and have x5 times higher budged compared to any ranged/spell build in order to achieve anything.

Melee is the real hardcore.
Melee will never be "viable" as long as we are able to one shot monsters and are able to recover any dmg in 0.01s. End of story, stop crying, it wont ever change.
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Because melee isn't the best option everyone thinks it's useless, it's not. Melee is mediocre next to spells or ranged attack builds, in some respects, but it far from dead. I guess Double Strike or Viper Strike aren't the greatest skills but there are plenty of spells nobody plays either.

Those who bemoan the state of melee are those stuck in the past or just want melee to be the best choice.

Tell this to my 30 Mio Viper Strike PF 😂 very funny how unplayable the build is indeed. Just slapping every content left and right.
Last edited by Vennto on Jan 2, 2023, 12:21:55 PM
It is not...just hope that d4 will make this bad dream go away :D
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Depending on what you consider playable, it can be OK.
I've made a Vigilant Striker in the past and it worked in so far, as he was hard to kill.
It was during Scourge league... so yes, in some respect he was unplayable, because he had a hard time killing scourge stuff.
Maps and Delve were OK, though.

Still, compared to some other builds, it's weaker at the same budget.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
lolerman wrote:
It is playable but for some 'balance' reasons you need to make use of x5 more mechanics and have x5 times higher budged compared to any ranged/spell build in order to achieve anything.

Melee is the real hardcore.

^ exactly

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info