[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

Yes, this will be something to consider for sure, but we would loose a huge chunk of strenght to be found somewhere else (clusters?), plus some ES.

The more I look at it, the more the new elemental mastery "Hits have 25% chance to treat enemy elemental resistance values as inverted" look insane.

Against tough monsters (50+ res), it can be almost as much damage as the lightning mastery we lost. It does not work well with conductivity, so I replaced it with Warlords Mark + Mark on Hit. Not as powerful in POB, but permanent uptime, one button less, and you can grab Culling Strike + 8% frenzy on hit on the Mark Mastery.

Plus having 25% chance to deal triple damage could work very well with shock - currently only 20% chance to shock in this POB, but it's something I will be looking at.

Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 1, 2023, 3:06:31 PM
"
Heinarc wrote:
Yes, this will be something to consider for sure, but we would loose a huge chunk of strenght to be found somewhere else (clusters?), plus some ES.

The more I look at it, the more the new elemental mastery "Hits have 25% chance to treat enemy elemental resistance values as inverted" look insane.

Against tough monsters (50+ res), it can be almost as much damage as the lightning mastery we lost. It does not work well with conductivity, so I replaced it with Warlords Mark + Mark on Hit. Not as powerful in POB, but permanent uptime, one button less, and you can grab Culling Strike + 8% frenzy on hit on the Mark Mastery.

Plus having 25% chance to deal triple damage could work very well with shock - currently only 20% chance to shock in this POB, but it's something I will be looking at.

This is great stuff. I hope you'll update here with any more ideas you get. I'm hoping to make this my second build of the league. I want to try flicker strike, but I hate being squishy.

One thing that might buff it is that I noticed you can get Resolute Technique on a weapon from the Crucible mechanic, so the corruption on the weapon may be unnecessary. It may be possible to get Precise Technique too, who knows. And I'm sure there will be other buffs from the league mechanic which are relevant.
"
Heinarc wrote:
Yes, this will be something to consider for sure, but we would loose a huge chunk of strenght to be found somewhere else (clusters?)

Strength can be fixed at relatively low investment by putting inertia in the jewel slot above fervour. I think giving up a jewel slot and the es is worth it to use the amulet.
I'm of the mindset that with the significant damage nerf, this isn't really worth the investment anymore over other options. you are either losing a huge chunk of damage, or a decent chunk of damage + survivability + suffixes and affixes, based on whether or not you use the lucky amulet.

I've swapped over to a crit setup outside of flicker, as I just can't see flicker being worth anymore.
I am waiting for PoB to be updated to see if it can be salvaged, but worth noting that one cheap alternative piece of equipement got a big boost on eHP and therefore dps: The Vertex should nicely benefit from the new mastery " 100% increased Energy Shield from Equipped Helmet"

Am I reading the POB right that we just need 155 strength, in order to use some of the skill gems? Or is there a higher requirement for something that I'm missing?

EDIT: Yes, that's it, sorry, figured it out.
Last edited by Metaphysician67 on Apr 2, 2023, 5:32:40 PM
"
Heinarc wrote:
First, thanks a lot for the extremely well written build.

Looks like an unfortunate hard hit on the build in 3.21 from loosing the Lightning Mastery & the easily available Precise Technique keystone on a relic.

On the ballpark of 30% less damage, its hard to imagine crucible will make up for that :-(

I still tinkered in POB for a while, I think it is salvageable with some large cluster abuse. Here's my modest attempt : https://pastebin.com/PwSLCWt8 (https://imgur.com/wiyGQ2J)
(added modifiers from the new masteries in the config)

The POB you posted added 50 rage that wasn't in the original, but I can't figure out how you are generating rage. Where is that coming from?

EDIT: Just figured out it is coming from the Warlord's Mark you added in. :) I like that addition!
Last edited by Metaphysician67 on Apr 3, 2023, 8:55:22 AM
"
suckslave wrote:
"
Heinarc wrote:
Yes, this will be something to consider for sure, but we would loose a huge chunk of strenght to be found somewhere else (clusters?)

Strength can be fixed at relatively low investment by putting inertia in the jewel slot above fervour. I think giving up a jewel slot and the es is worth it to use the amulet.

The updated POB just came out, and after playing around with it a bit, this looks to me like the way to go! That does give enough strength, and the loss of that jewel socket is a small price to pay for that amulet. The biggest loss from the amulet is the big ES, but it looks worth the tradeoff.
Hey folks! I just wanted to chime in here as the original creator.

First of all, I really, really appreciate the folks working on this build for 3.21. It's awesome you're giving it a shot, and I really hope you find something that works! I personally will not be trying to go forward with this in 3.21 - at least not in the beginning - I have another flicker-based experiment that I'm really, really excited about, and I'll be tinkering away on that, instead.

If it works out, you can certainly expect a build guide, and if it doesn't, well, you probably can't. :D

If I was going to put bets on how to move this build forward into 3.21, I would say the following:

- As people have mentioned, yes, the lightning mastery being gone _really_ hurts us. Also Precise Technique not being easily available on a relic hurts too, though not as much. I suspect both RT and PT might be available on crucible trees, but not something worth betting on, especially given that we have a required unique weapon, so crucible will be harder for us in general to actually get a good tree going.

- As a result, IMO, two options: go with the newly updated amulet, as people have suggested, and refactor everything else to handle strength elsewhere, OR, invest in accuracy, run precision, and go crit.

- Of the two options, I personally would be trying to go crit. It would make resolute technique unnecessary, would make precise technique unnecessary, and obviously would have a higher DPS cap. It has a tax of almost certainly requiring precision and some investment in accuracy, and obviously crit if we want that payoff. I don't really know exactly how that's going to go, and how much of an investment it would be, but that would certainly be the direction I'd be looking at.

Good luck to all of the folks trying to refactor this here! I'll be watching with much interest :D
Thanks again Dreadmaker for the very solid build base!

Despite the huge hit from the lightning mastery removal, we benefit from a lot of other changes which make up for the loss.

My hot POB warrior take for Crucible : this build looks BONKERS.
Again I've not played it yet and might be overlooking weaknesses, so take it with a grain of salt.

My POB warrior version : https://pobb.in/Kd25lEvbwJpO. About the same budget than your original post, I'd guess 10-20div per slot with a lvl 100 char, very min/max but not out of this world.

Offence

9M+ pinnacle boss DPS
Possible to activate berserk to get to 13M DPS for a few seconds

Defenses

12000+ base ES Pool
47000 phys max hit
100000 elemental max hit
Chaos immune
50% block and spell block

Recover 1800 ES on block
Leech 3000 ES per second
Recover 1200 ES on kill

Immune to stun
Immune to elemental ailments
30% less damage from crits, marked enemy can't crit
8% reduced enemy action speed

POB EHP estimate, flaskless: 400000
POB EHP estimate with flasks : infinite (lol)

Utility

+180% movespeed
2 "moar DPS" buttons (totems), rest is automated
Ephemereal Edge is an Unique but not particularly rare and the only one on its base type, so can probably be chanced. Might become useful if Crucible is hard to roll on uniques.

Main changes from your original post

-Rare amulated replaced with Voice of the Storm revamped unique (25% more dmg compared to a rare, hard to pass up)
-Bronn Lithe's swapped out for a well crafted rare (you need STR/Resists from somewhere)
-Tree reoptimised for Crucible
-Large cluster abuse for stacking ES
-Required reservation% gotten from a Medium aura cluster rather than from the tree
-Conductivity swapped for Warlord's Mark + Mark on hit, for great synergy with the mark nodes/masteries and taking full advantage of the new elemental mastery (25% MORE DPS against a 50% res enemy)
Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 3, 2023, 3:53:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info