[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

"
Jukuma wrote:
Hey man glad to see you made your build, I managed to switch yesterday to the build on a semi budget setup (missing the big 20 div+ pieces, watcher eye, flask, awakened multi), but it maps without any issue so far.

I would say how do you go about getting precise technique relic, seems hard to do with this build. It doesnt seem too good for sanctum because of the nature of flicker and resolve.

Other than that right now I just want more damage so next imma get awakened multi strike to sustain frenzy better and do harder content given dps seems a bit low still, but aiming for those 13m.

Aphasi beat me to it - but yes, you can actually buy the precise technique thing on trade, and it's one of the very cheap ones. And, worst case, if you don't want it for some reason, it's just 3 passive points it saves. That's a big deal later, but it's not so big when you first get started.

Glad you're trying it out and it's working for you! The damage will come with more investment, for sure. Starts out tanky, though - that's the "easy" part. Good luck as you gear it up!
Hey boss man! Just chiming in to say I’ve been using your guide ever since I saved up 30 divine or so on a whispering ice CI int stacking trickster. I completely converted it over to your build after getting an expensive piece (my int stacking helmet with flicker enchant) and I have been absolutely loving it. I made a small tweak by staying evasion out of personal preference, and a couple pieces of gear and gem set up are different but overall it’s been my favorite build I have played. I started playing in mayhem and so this is my first league. Your build has allowed me to farm 60% delirium to great results (amazing rng newbie luck).

I had a couple of questions If you don’t mind:

Have you had a chance to test out taking off tribal fury annointment? How does it feel to you at high investment with no melee splash? I’ve been playing with a different annoint on a high stat astramentis and +1 strike on gloves but I’m not certain how it feels because I have no real basis of experience in this kind of build. I was originally using “the stampede” from my whispering ice build prior and had tribal fury on them. However because I made many upgrades at the same time as dropping the annointment it has left me wondering what would be best. I’ll probably try as you mentioned above and get intimidate on gloves and switch back to tribal fury on amulet to test it out.

2nd question :) how would you feel about headhunter on this build? I’ve made it a league goal to farm one as my drops have been insanely lucky so I want to strike while the iron is hot. I figured it couldn’t hurt to use one for mapping? I realize it’s probably not great for sanctum so I would belt swap when doing that.

Best of luck to you and again many thanks for the build guide. Great work, especially for your first “posted” build. I’ll be keeping an eye out for any tips you have.
"
Hanyj wrote:
Have you had a chance to test out taking off tribal fury annointment? How does it feel to you at high investment with no melee splash? I’ve been playing with a different annoint on a high stat astramentis and +1 strike on gloves but I’m not certain how it feels because I have no real basis of experience in this kind of build. I was originally using “the stampede” from my whispering ice build prior and had tribal fury on them. However because I made many upgrades at the same time as dropping the annointment it has left me wondering what would be best. I’ll probably try as you mentioned above and get intimidate on gloves and switch back to tribal fury on amulet to test it out.

2nd question :) how would you feel about headhunter on this build? I’ve made it a league goal to farm one as my drops have been insanely lucky so I want to strike while the iron is hot. I figured it couldn’t hurt to use one for mapping? I realize it’s probably not great for sanctum so I would belt swap when doing that.

Best of luck to you and again many thanks for the build guide. Great work, especially for your first “posted” build. I’ll be keeping an eye out for any tips you have.

Hey! Really glad you've been enjoying it!

So, as to anointment - no, I haven't tested it out yet! It's on the list to do, though. The more I think about it at high investment, the more I think the solution might be gem-swapping, though - since you really don't need splash in sanctum or bossing, it might make sense at very high gear/dps levels to swap the anoint to something for single-target, then swap out, say, damage on full life support for melee splash support while mapping, and swap it back to full life support when not mapping. Haven't had a chance to play much in the last few days, but this is definitely something I'm going to look at soon!

As to headhunter: So funny enough, speaking of lucky drops - I actually dropped a headhunter earlier this league, which is a not-small part of the reason why I have a bunch of expensive items. :D I tried it out, and it felt like hot garbage, lol. My gear wasn't that great at the time, so probably it'd be better now, but headhunter does nothing for us. For a lot of builds it helps with attributes and life, but we don't need any of its attributes or life, and the effect we're getting from it is honestly not very good this league. I gave it to a friend who had used it before to try out, and he agreed that it felt terrible this league.

I wouldn't use it on this build for a bunch of reasons - not the least of which being that it does not at all feel like it's worth the money this league - but also because if you were going to sacrifice a bunch of ES from the belt slot, it'd be better to do it with a mageblood, I'd think.

Just my two cents, though!
Makes sense.. You’ve given me a lot to consider with my saved up currency!

edit: I have done a little POB testing and it seems to me that I can't compensate the 1.2 mil damage loss (at my current investment) when swapping out damage on full life for splash, and then changing anointment on amulet to something like "fervour" for +1 frenzy charge. I can definitely see it being non-consequential when you have way more damage than me though. I'm going to give it some in game playtime and sit on the idea.
Last edited by Hanyj on Jan 6, 2023, 3:54:25 PM
Love the build! Clearing t16 with ease. One issue tho, when I import my character into POB it says "Effective Health Pool: INF", how do I configure it to show my EHP correctly?

https://pastebin.com/LCG75rrv
About the ascendancy which one is first?
"
ValencioTYJ wrote:
Love the build! Clearing t16 with ease. One issue tho, when I import my character into POB it says "Effective Health Pool: INF", how do I configure it to show my EHP correctly?

Check "Disable EHP gain on block" in Configuration tab, top left, Aegis Aurora builds tend to do this - however they are in fact quite often near immortal during mapping for real.

.edit: I tinkered with the PoB a bit and focused more on the overleech aspect, aside from that I didn't touch it too much. Really excellent build OP!

In case ppl are wondering about leveling: It is not only very easy, but also extremely potent to level with this build all the way starting from LVL38. All you need is a Ghostwrithe body armor and skill some life nodes that are on the way anyway while just following the endgame skill tree. You get so much ES from the Ghostwrithe that it carries your damage (and you are very tanky throughout the entire campaign).

If anyone's interested in my slight variation of the build with almost 3k ES overleech let me know, feels rude to just drop a PoB in another person's build guide without asking.
Last edited by XenoPOE on Jan 9, 2023, 2:12:37 AM
"
dmoniak wrote:
About the ascendancy which one is first?

Depends on when you want to start flickering. The way that I did it was to go for the ES nodes first - so getting the ES leech node as the second point, and obviously the one leading to it first - and then I swapped to flicker once I got my third point, which I put into the +2 frenzy charges node. Polymath is last.

That'd be what I would recommend!
"
XenoPOE wrote:
"
ValencioTYJ wrote:

Check "Disable EHP gain on block" in Configuration tab, top left, Aegis Aurora builds tend to do this - however they are in fact quite often near immortal during mapping for real.

.edit: I tinkered with the PoB a bit and focused more on the overleech aspect, aside from that I didn't touch it too much. Really excellent build OP!

In case ppl are wondering about leveling: It is not only very easy, but also extremely potent to level with this build all the way starting from LVL38. All you need is a Ghostwrithe body armor and skill some life nodes that are on the way anyway while just following the endgame skill tree. You get so much ES from the Ghostwrithe that it carries your damage (and you are very tanky throughout the entire campaign).

If anyone's interested in my slight variation of the build with almost 3k ES overleech let me know, feels rude to just drop a PoB in another person's build guide without asking.

You're much braver than I am - I wouldn't use flicker for leveling below maps! Ghostwrithe is great, and I have used it to level characters before - but not with flicker haha, just because that low, frenzy gen will be tricky and the whole thing will feel reasonably clunky, I would imagine.

But from a tankiness perspective, it's hard to go wrong with trickster and ES leech, absolutely, and leveling with trickster is a dream. I did it deathlessly this time - first time I've done that, I think.

Thanks for the kind comments!
So I can’t get my last node blue on bronn. Didn’t do the jewelers orb trick smh. What would you recommend on a red node or green node for my last six slot. I’m using fortify at the moment. Wonder how much dps loss that is vs lighting pen. I have six slot skin of loyal that gives me about five k more energy shield but about 10 k less sheet dps however it does have the lighting pen gem which doesn’t effect the sheet dps so it might be similar. Fortify might add some tankiness though. Still learning. Doing pretty good so far.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info