[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

Hi im trying out your build and ´respeced but there's a problem with my flicker striker not having enough mana alot of times, and dps seems really lacking wondering if you can check out my pob Username:Jizoo69 Character:LearningCurveone
Thanks again for this super strong build, I just reached lvl 100 solo running exclusively very juiced maps.

As I farmed 100-150div on my way there I figured my strategy might be of interest for some of you :-)

Strategy :
Harvest + Delirium + Exarch altars with max pack size + quant, using Shaping the Valleys + Growing Hordes + all the "increased effect of modifiers" minor nodes.

Exarch rather than EoW as many altar downsides can be straight ignored by this build (like all chaos dmg)
A few shrines nodes as they will give u the steroids to clear deep delirium faster.

Atlas tree : https://poeplanner.com/a/NJp , spend the last 10 points as you want

With all this juice your maps will end up at +80% pack size, +100% rarity and +150% quant. They would be extremely rippy for most characters, but this build can handle it.

Rolling the maps
Prefered maps : whatever you like, I personnaly run Tropical Island/Crimson Temple/Jungle Valley mostly
Alch + chisel, then rerolling those 3 mods :
- steal charges on hit
- cannot leech
- -% armor, reduced chance to block (runnable, but dangerous)
Then vaal, and vendor maps which end up with those 3 mods.

Running the maps
Fortune favors the brave (3c) + Sextants + 4 of the cheapest rusted scarab (buy bulk against div, youll be at about 1c/scarab).
I dont trade for sextants (doubled lifeforce..) as I assess its not worth the time lost.

Investment per map : about 15c
Profitability : I dont monitor closely, but not bad. I'd say at least 5d/h.

While in a map, I'll usually activate the delirium first and clear the map until the boss (for +1rewards). Then quickly backtrack and do the forge (95% charge) and finishing with the harvest after getting all the quant from the altars.

Dangerous stuff to avoid
Very little, I survived over and over the dumbest shit in 8mods maps.
I'd however advise against the following :
- 3000Eva/-3000 armor on altars
- meteor on flask activation, this can kill you when there are 5 other dmg mods in the map
- corpse detonation on strongboxes, you can usually face tank it but there is a chance of a high life corpse one-shotting you
- 100% charge on the forge. You can tank it most of the time but it can be a bit rippy
Last edited by Heinarc on May 6, 2023, 6:18:17 PM
I'm proud to present this beauty :

25% more dmg over my previous blade :D

Have a split copy on sale if you want to skip the "fun" of tree crafting + chancing.
Last edited by Heinarc on May 8, 2023, 4:53:42 AM
Hi,

I am having lots of fun with the build rn, only having problems with single target damage and frenzy generation (which is one of the big reasons of my low single target damage). What do you suggest I get to alleviate single target. I know flicker is mainly a clear skill but I want to be able to take this build to the highest level.
Thanks for your guide, was looking for something like this.

I changed the missing regeneration and recharge and am currently still using Purity of Elements (should be Haste or Grace, I still lack money)

I will change it later with Stormshroud and Craftet Boots ( Deafening Essence of Torment - 44% chance to Avoid being Shocked, + The Eater of Worlds Mods on Boots = 50% chance to Avoid being Shocked + 25 Int and 25% on the Body )

Soul Drinker and Energy Leech Support is good too.

still working on this build but that should be the basic idea:
https://pobb.in/pRzdz5Y1_PI-

I try Impossible Escape with Rundebinder too for Sovereignty and Safeguard

The best part is Vengeance (Rage) + Ripost (Onslaught) + Rage support + Overcharge.. With the Note "Shocks you inflicht spread" the big guys get easy 50% Shock from the mob
comment for following
"
Hi,

I am having lots of fun with the build rn, only having problems with single target damage and frenzy generation (which is one of the big reasons of my low single target damage). What do you suggest I get to alleviate single target. I know flicker is mainly a clear skill but I want to be able to take this build to the highest level.

Depends on what you currently have. I never had issues with generating enough against bosses, except maybe in delirium 20-30, but then you just vaal flicker and your are full again. Keep frenzy just in case.

Anyone has any builds for the current league? I re-started yesterday and didn't do any PoB prep. I picked a random poeninja build, but just realised the guy had zero ailment mitigation. Also, I feel there is a massive benefit to be had with the tatoos.
Any cool and aspirational build?
"
Zepepsico wrote:

[...]

Anyone has any builds for the current league? I re-started yesterday and didn't do any PoB prep. I picked a random poeninja build, but just realised the guy had zero ailment mitigation. Also, I feel there is a massive benefit to be had with the tatoos.
Any cool and aspirational build?

Hey! So this league, I came back and I'm currently playing with this build (as well as another). The goal was to update the original POB for sure, so that'll be coming (although with an update to the guide itself here on the forums) sometime in the next few weeks, probably. It'll still be a bit because A) I've got some IRL events that will be taking away my time in the next while, but also B) I'm experimenting with a bunch of other build concepts also :D

For tattoos in particular, there are a couple of very exciting possibilities. For us the big ones are the tattoo that goes on a large intelligence notable (the 30+), and replaces it to get 40 flat ES _per tattoo of that kind you have_. In my current build I have 3 slotted in, and that means 360 flat ES (read: more flat than the shav's ring we have) from the tree itself.

After that, it turns out with the way I've currently built the tree, I've got about 12 small dex nodes that aren't needed, so can be used for tattoos, and indeed I think the play might be global defenses. 36% increased global defenses on the build is potentially amazing.

So far I've gotten the POB to north of 7 million DPS without doing anything crazy other than updating it for the current league, and made it substantially tankier because of the increased ES and global defense - we're talking about nearly 10k ES and about 106K armor with everything up and running.

So, stay tuned! What I'm going to do this time when I update the build is include two versions - one will be a `standard friendly` version, let's say, that doesn't include any league-specific stuff (because when I built this in Sanctum there _was_ a bunch of league specific stuff that was hard to replace afterwards); and then there will be a second that incorporates tattoos.
Last edited by Dreadmaker7 on Sep 18, 2023, 10:20:55 AM
"
Dreadmaker7 wrote:

For tattoos in particular, there are a couple of very exciting possibilities. For us the big ones are the tattoo that goes on a large intelligence notable (the 30+), and replaces it to get 40 flat ES _per tattoo of that kind you have_. In my current build I have 3 slotted in, and that means 360 flat ES (read: more flat than the shav's ring we have) from the tree itself.

There is a bit of tech, where you can get all 4: use an impossible escape avatar of fire for the 4th one!
Also, by pathing near Pain Attunement rather than near coldhearted, you get within 2 passives of another jewel slot and you can consider going for utmost intellect.

I have not yet thought of optimising the build yet and am levelling/itemising at a leisurely pace (am 96 now with maybe 3m dps but very lacking in armour at only 40k without flasks) but I am feeling starved for points.
The cluster wheel with feed the fury / fuel the fight + 2 jewel slots is still incredible value for money but costs about 10 points.
Going for the major intel node to the left of duellist is some more points. Charisma is a big drain, but is needed (for some reason charisma wheel + enlighten 3 is not enough to run discipline... need more reservation or a lvl 4 one...)
Retaliation is still a lot of dps per point. Maybe I can drop Forces of Nature or Primeval Force?

On tattoos, whilst not optimal, it is worth noting that the attribute tattoo can be really useful to fix strength requirements (and giving some int) all for the cost of 4 dex per tattoo.

I am also still undecided about the supporting gem setups: curse on hit/cwdt? mark on hit (on movement or molten shell?) + mark cluster? counter + overcharge and unbound ailments (massive shock value on bosses.. maybe even worth taking the +15% max shock mastery). Or counter + rage? Or something with ripost/cull and maybe innervate? What about Smite aura (the dps it adds is insane, but that is another action to do)
Hello!

Can we get an update for this build for 3.23 ? Keen to try it out as it seems to be an amazing Build !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info