[3.20] Ephemeral Edge Flicker Strike Trickster - Super tanky mapper

Hello, having tons of fun with this build with just 25 divs invested, wonder if you can check my PoB ( https://pastebin.com/6XERJn0n ) and see why my efective lifepool is so low compared to your PoB, maybe I missed something, died on wave 25 Simu sadly, im looking foward to farm juiced maps with this build, managed 60% deli juiced with no issues, gonna try 80% today and hopefully fix my defences for 100%.

Also any tips for extra damage always apreciated.
"
Terradoss wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying out this build as it seemed like an interesting take on a skill that I've always enjoyed.

I'm still firmly in the 'budget' stage of developing the build filling out my equipment (I have all the "mandatory" items), and whilst I'm enjoying it, I'm also experiencing a problem that most people here don't seem to be suffering from.

The guide indicates that frenzy charge's aren't a problem and the build has enough to manage in this regard, but I'm having serious issues with it.

I've got all the frenzy charge generation tools that the build has outlined (with the exception of awakened multistrike, which is priced well beyond my means to acquire) and I've even invested in mark on hit/poachers mark (with quality) as well as the mark mastery node to try and help alleviate the problem.

Despite this I seem simply unable to reliably generate or sustain frenzy charges. My character will happily flicker strike and generate 1-2 charges, but I'm never (or very, very rarely) able to generate more than this and I bounce between 0-2 charges consistently. Its also not uncommon for me to run out of charges entirely and be forced to wait a few seconds for the cooldown to expire before I can flicker again.

I note that this lack of frenzy charge generation/sustain is consistent whether I'm fighting a single target or mapping through packs. I just don't seem to be able to push past 1-2 frenzy charges at most.

I can.....sort of prop my progress up with Vaal Flicker Strike, which will push me up to my max frenzy charges (8 currently, I don't yet have the ring implicit), but the charges will then gradually drop as I continue to flicker until I find myself back in the position of being between 0-2 charges again. Vaal Flicker on its own doesn't quite seem to be enough to overcome the problem, even though it does help somewhat.

This feels pretty bad because at low frenzy charges, everything is slower, lacking the move/attack speed bonuses of having a higher amount of them, and because I'm leaving quite a bit of damage on the table constantly being low on frenzy charges.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to explain this issue, as I seem to be fairly well in line with the earlier parts/stage of the guide as its written I'd welcome any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or any suggestions I might try, as not being able to generate frenzy charges reliably is providing a bit of a fundamental barrier to playing the build as it stands.

Thanks very much!

Silly question, but do you have the annoint? The key to sustaining without awakened multistrike is the splash.
Also make sure you have the mastery that gives you 8% on uniques.
"
Zepepsico wrote:
"
Terradoss wrote:
Hi all,

I've been trying out this build as it seemed like an interesting take on a skill that I've always enjoyed.

I'm still firmly in the 'budget' stage of developing the build filling out my equipment (I have all the "mandatory" items), and whilst I'm enjoying it, I'm also experiencing a problem that most people here don't seem to be suffering from.

The guide indicates that frenzy charge's aren't a problem and the build has enough to manage in this regard, but I'm having serious issues with it.

I've got all the frenzy charge generation tools that the build has outlined (with the exception of awakened multistrike, which is priced well beyond my means to acquire) and I've even invested in mark on hit/poachers mark (with quality) as well as the mark mastery node to try and help alleviate the problem.

Despite this I seem simply unable to reliably generate or sustain frenzy charges. My character will happily flicker strike and generate 1-2 charges, but I'm never (or very, very rarely) able to generate more than this and I bounce between 0-2 charges consistently. Its also not uncommon for me to run out of charges entirely and be forced to wait a few seconds for the cooldown to expire before I can flicker again.

I note that this lack of frenzy charge generation/sustain is consistent whether I'm fighting a single target or mapping through packs. I just don't seem to be able to push past 1-2 frenzy charges at most.

I can.....sort of prop my progress up with Vaal Flicker Strike, which will push me up to my max frenzy charges (8 currently, I don't yet have the ring implicit), but the charges will then gradually drop as I continue to flicker until I find myself back in the position of being between 0-2 charges again. Vaal Flicker on its own doesn't quite seem to be enough to overcome the problem, even though it does help somewhat.

This feels pretty bad because at low frenzy charges, everything is slower, lacking the move/attack speed bonuses of having a higher amount of them, and because I'm leaving quite a bit of damage on the table constantly being low on frenzy charges.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to explain this issue, as I seem to be fairly well in line with the earlier parts/stage of the guide as its written I'd welcome any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong or any suggestions I might try, as not being able to generate frenzy charges reliably is providing a bit of a fundamental barrier to playing the build as it stands.

Thanks very much!

Silly question, but do you have the annoint? The key to sustaining without awakened multistrike is the splash.
Also make sure you have the mastery that gives you 8% on uniques.

Hey there, appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Yes, I have both the anoint (Tribal Fury) for splash damage and the mastery (Sword Mastery I believe?) that gives 8% chance for frenzy charge on hitting a unique enemy (along with all the other frenzy gen tools I mentioned in previous post).

I've been struggling through the day trying to see if things improve, but alas so far no luck. I'm forced into using Frenzy far more often than I feel I should be. This is not fantastic, since with no melee strike range on the build (Flicker doesn't want this) Frenzy is actually quite difficult to hit things with.

Time to see what other desperate tricks I can conjure I suppose.
"
Terradoss wrote:

Hey there, appreciate you taking the time to reply.

Yes, I have both the anoint (Tribal Fury) for splash damage and the mastery (Sword Mastery I believe?) that gives 8% chance for frenzy charge on hitting a unique enemy (along with all the other frenzy gen tools I mentioned in previous post).

I've been struggling through the day trying to see if things improve, but alas so far no luck. I'm forced into using Frenzy far more often than I feel I should be. This is not fantastic, since with no melee strike range on the build (Flicker doesn't want this) Frenzy is actually quite difficult to hit things with.

Time to see what other desperate tricks I can conjure I suppose.

Maybe then it is your dps that is lacking? If you need 10 casts of flicker to kill a pack, you will lose charges.
I would focus on increasing your dps (there are a few tips in this thread). If you kill one pack per casts with multistrike, you should be generating net one or 2 charges.
Hey all, I know i am kinda necroing this for something only tangentially related, but i was curious if anyone had tried this with alternate skills?

I made a Static strike version of this that just cleared Sim 30 on around ~10-15 div budget so far and im looking for ways to scale it further but I've really never played an energy shield build before.
This build sounds so nice but i have a doubt, how good is in uber bosses?
Last edited by mrdavo on Feb 21, 2023, 1:23:20 AM
Hey, I was hoping to play this in 3.21, but the patch notes just came out, and the loss of the lightning mastery that makes non-crit lightning damage lucky seems to really kneecap the build. Any thoughts on how to save it?

Edit: the lucky non-crit lightning damage got moved to a breach amulet, which also has 50% increased lightning damage. It seems easy to just swap in that amulet. The build loses some energy shield from the amulet, but it shouldn't cripple the build or anything.
Last edited by Metaphysician67 on Mar 31, 2023, 2:08:47 PM
"
Hey, I was hoping to play this in 3.21, but the patch notes just came out, and the loss of the lightning mastery that makes non-crit lightning damage lucky seems to really kneecap the build. Any thoughts on how to save it?

Edit: the lucky non-crit lightning damage got moved to a breach amulet, which also has 50% increased lightning damage. It seems easy to just swap in that amulet. The build loses some energy shield from the amulet, but it shouldn't cripple the build or anything.

Using the new amulet would work, but that was one of the primary sources of Strength as well. Getting that from another slot will mean sacrificing something there too.

Its not dead, but that change definitely hurt.
First, thanks a lot for the extremely well written build.

Looks like an unfortunate hard hit on the build in 3.21 from loosing the Lightning Mastery & the easily available Precise Technique keystone on a relic.

On the ballpark of 30% less damage, its hard to imagine crucible will make up for that :-(

I still tinkered in POB for a while, I think it is salvageable with some large cluster abuse. Here's my modest attempt : https://pastebin.com/PwSLCWt8 (https://imgur.com/wiyGQ2J)
(added modifiers from the new masteries in the config)
Last edited by Heinarc on Apr 1, 2023, 10:05:52 AM
"
Heinarc wrote:
First, thanks a lot for the extremely well written build.

Looks like an unfortunate hard hit on the build in 3.21 from loosing the Lightning Mastery & the easily available Precise Technique keystone on a relic.

On the ballpark of 30% less damage, its hard to imagine crucible will make up for that :-(

I still tinkered in POB for a while, I think it is salvageable with some large cluster abuse. Here's my modest attempt : https://pastebin.com/PwSLCWt8 (https://imgur.com/wiyGQ2J)
(added modifiers from the new masteries in the config)

This is really helpful, thanks for doing this! Did you think about swapping in that amulet that they moved the lightning mastery you mentioned to, the Voice of the Storm unique amulet? Patch notes say it now has the "lightning damage is lucky" along with "50% increased lightning damage".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info