New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
Thank God I had already decided to move away from using spectral helix. Kinda not cool to put in the patch notes that only the added damage effectiveness was getting changed and then change both stats. Expected though. Thoroughly nerfed, now definite trash. Back to using steel skills for melee levelling!

i tried spectral helix for leveling in a short league during kalandra and it felt awful without a exceptional weapon and massive attack speed.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
He giveth in one hand, and taketh in other!

Some things never change lol
POG
If you are going to face a real challenge, it has to be a real challenge. You can't accomplish anything without the possibility of failure.
"
zerosette wrote:
"
MagnusGrey wrote:
Did not really understand the smite change. Could someone please clarify it for me?

I guess Smite lost the ability to double hit a single target (using the combo: addition strike + positioning) or multi-hit several targets when monsters are packed together.

Can anyone confirm?

I read this similarly.

It reads like they took away Smite's ability to overlap the AoE Lightning Hit.

Wild Strike and Smite essentially worked the same way before.

This reads like a global "If hit by skill that's it" which... Is not good.

They should have also increased conversion to 60%. That 10% is annoying.
"Never trust floating women." -Officer Kirac
Last edited by Xzorn on Dec 7, 2022, 4:41:28 PM
I'm having a good feeling about this league.
Confront those who dare obstruct the transmission of your information with swift rejection, for they sit silently obsessing over your submission.
Damn son! Those melee buffs are sweet! Wait, hold on...
wtb viable melee skills.
Smite damage Rip...
"
Adds 46 to 57 Chaos Damage to Hits against Cursed Enemies

I feel like this is a lot for spider builds. But I think there was also a bug where they were not applying the right amount of poison as well that was fixed, so maybe it will balance out, not sure.

Either way, league mechanic looking nice.
Will the vaal cleve buff stealing only work on cleve kills or could it be used with another skill to get the effect

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info