Content Update 3.20.0 -- Path of Exile: The Forbidden Sanctum

"
Riverwind77 wrote:
"
ivchekal wrote:
You killed only viable melee skill and you butchered assassin completely...
You did not reintroduce Ultimatum although you promised to do so
You buffed melee slightly, but nerfed physical based melee via vulnerability on hit nerf.
You only introduce 2 new skills

Bare minimum as has been the case with last 3 leagues.

I think I will pass this league.

I really enjoy people who doesn't even read.

Just like you.

"
Suhuy wrote:
That nerf on lighting conduit is at least necromancer class nerf.

But my money nerf on GGG will be even greater!

They nerfed my build, so i cry and i stop supporting this game.

Man, wtf with this kids

Its called an opinion. Also, learn proper grammar.
[Removed by Support]

Curses in 3.19
100% effectiveness of curses (pre-nerf) times bosses' built-in curse effectivness reduction of 66% resulted in a actual curse effectiveness of 34% on a boss.

(1.0 - .66 = .34%)

Curses in 3.20
Curses were generally nerfed to be 74% as effective as they were in 3.19. However, bosses no longer have a built-in curse effectivness reduction, and are thus more effective.

(.74 - 0 - .74%)

If you do the math,
Spoiler
which is hard for you guys I know,
, this results in an increase of curse effectiveness by 117.64% against bosses compared to 3.19.

Yes. You will have a harder time killing regular white, magic, and some rare monsters compared to 3.19. But if you have a hard time killing regular white, magic, and some rare monsters, well buddy, lower the map tier, make better pathing decisions on the passive skill tree, identify rare bases that you use or AlterationSpam + Augment + Regal + craftingBench (aka Craft) better gear, because homie, yo build stinky and gets no female dogs.

Y'all are too old for this, get it together.

Now to continue reading this and reddit while I munch on my popcorn.

Good patch GGG. I see what you're doing long-term and I really appreciate it.
Last edited by drafaelf26 on Dec 1, 2022, 6:05:03 PM
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
Is people crying about skills way before looking at the numbers?

Yes they are

"
Shadeless01 wrote:
absolute disappointing and boring patch-notes. Not a single thing to be exited about, and more nerfs overall, covered in bs wording.

If you care about reading you will find some exciting news.

If you dont, youll just cry and whine.

Why don't you do us a favor and elaborate on those exciting new buffs. Please provide detailed math to back up your opinion.

Otherwise your opinion is worth exactly the same as everyone else's
Super long and super boring patchnotes. Nothing cool at all.

You still have to play any setup that does dmg while you can move at the same time.

(deal dmg) v (move) --> Player(dead)
(deal dmg) ^ (move) --> Player(alive)

This is the elemental problem with this game - adress it please!
Last edited by neosun on Dec 1, 2022, 5:51:12 PM
"
drafaelf26 wrote:
[Removed by Support]

Curses in 3.19
100% effectiveness of curses (pre-nerf) times bosses' built-in curse effectivness reduction of 66% resulted in a actual curse effectiveness of 34% on a boss.

(1.0 - .66 = .34%)

Curses in 3.20
Curses were generally nerfed to be 74% as effective as they were in 3.19. However, bosses no longer have a built-in curse effectivness reduction, and are thus more effective.

(.74 - 0 - .74%)

If you do the math,
Spoiler
which is hard for you guys I know,
, this results in an increase of curse effectiveness by 117.64% against bosses compared to 3.19.

Y'all are too old for this, get it together.

Now to continue reading this and reddit while I munch on my popcorn.

Now do the same math for nerfed despair (on hit). And don't forget to include the fact that assassin now doesn't have a way to refresh elusive. And lastly, don't forget the fact that poison based assassin has been in the dumps for last 4 leagues (I played it every league so I know). How is that math looking to you?

Good patch GGG. I see what you're doing long-term and I really appreciate it.

You are not taking into account less popular curse builds such as on hit despair in conjunction with poison assassin. Those build are completely decimated in 3.20. Despair overall is nerfed for such build. That build was also nerfed by prevention of elusive refresh via withering step. Poison based assassin was already terrible and now is dogshit tier.
Last edited by ivchekal on Dec 1, 2022, 5:55:46 PM
I don't see mantra of flames unique jewel that enabled a new build for boneshatter. Maybe add that as corrupted jewel or alternate quality? Please comment if it is gone.

Also the game asked me to login on a different looking screen when I first hit reply here. Then I loaded page from patch notes forum and it did not. I am posting this here in case it is a glitch or something sketchy.

No loot changes ?

They think we forget
"
orion314 wrote:
announcement:
Bosses no longer have curse penalty.

patch note:
flammability + blasphemy + eldritch increased curse effect (on helmet) + increased curse effect lab enchantment
was -77% fire res
now -38% fire res

Interesting what information are in focus when Chris Wilson talks about changes. ;-)

was -77% fire res times hidden boss curse effectiveness modifier of 66%, resulting in -26.18% fire res

now -38% fire res times....nothing, resulting in -38% fire res.

i am taking away your ability to share your thoughts, BE GONE
Why is it always nerf. This skill over performs other skills. But never buffs this skill under performs so we raised it up the others. Tired of the same meta for three leagues. Same skills no loot copy cat league. I really expect better guess more of D2r instead sad a 20 year old game is more fun.
Tbh I expected more after 3.19 fiasco. Feels quantity text and not quality.

No big skill rework, not much ascendency/talent changes.

Hopefully league mechanic is fun, if not..

No intention of supporting this continued direction/vision of threirs. Patch notes are boring. Not biger skill changes buff/nerfs in many leagus now. This is why most people play the game. If the league mechanic is very good and fun, then maybe. But for now, no to boring patch notes and no to thid dam vision.

Hopefully I am really wrong? But I wasn't in a year+ already. It's getting worse. First time didn't buy supporter all pack before the league. Atm really looks boring. Maybe I miss sonething.
3.15 was a joke. 3.19 was a disaster. Archnemesis/Ruthless/Crucible(Archnemesis 4.0?) - worst ideas. Ruthless is a joke, a waste of resources. PoE2(exilecon version) was super disappointing.
Last edited by vahu on Dec 1, 2022, 6:18:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info