3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

This is just change for the sake of change. You've added all these changes and mechanics to curses over the years because players were literally breaking your game and now you are removing them to make people that build for curses feel better?

Don't make me laugh.

See you in 5 years when you nerf curses again or rather when the time for playing melee comes again.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
1) What about trigger that are not on hextouch or blasphemy effect? Bane, Vixen gloves and Profane Proxy ring apply a full or reduced version of Hexes?

2) Impending Doom only with base doom (30) make 240% more hit dmg easily scaling to 320% and you just "roughly double" the base dmg? Check your math please!
"
Koriou wrote:
1) What about trigger that are not on hextouch or blasphemy effect? Bane, Vixen gloves and Profane Proxy ring apply a full or reduced version of Hexes?

2) Impending Doom only with base doom (30) make 240% more hit dmg easily scaling to 320% and you just "roughly double" the base dmg? Check your math please!

It's kind of written black on white. The effect of your curse is the same of your gem level at all time and if says trigger lvl x curse when you attack it is the value of the x level gem.
with new Anathema Ring and Occultist nerfs Assassin will be the strongest Ascendency class for curses.
gg
this game is not a game to stop and use curse manually. the mechanics of your game are not suitable for casting curses in the middle of the battle. your hostility to automating will get you in trouble.

each character has a power and the power of the occultist is curse. why was it nerfed so that there is no difference compared to other characters? nonsense.
"
FluffyKillah wrote:
Now any char you chose will be a far better "occultist" using that uberOP ring and a 1c unique to get of profane bloom. So why would anyone chose to invest in occultist?

Power charges that don't require kills to proc, stun immunity with CI, freeze and chill immunity without giving up a ring slot or having to manage flask charges, 100% reduced life regeneration of nearby enemies, 2 curse limit without having to path to Whispers of Doom or make other gear/pricing tradeoffs.

Though I guess I find it plausible that a playerbase in which a plurality finds hand-casting oppressive might not go for any of the above.

[Edit]Forgot Curse Affect Hexproof Enemies.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on Nov 28, 2022, 3:06:02 AM
there is a reason people are using things like hextouch, mainly there is not enough fingers on our hands to cast all those different skills when monsters rush you at lightspeed. Once again if you don t nerf monster behaviors there is no-way people will favor self cast instead of automaton.
Forum pvp
"
Fzt_NEDİM wrote:
this game is not a game to stop and use curse manually. the mechanics of your game are not suitable for casting curses in the middle of the battle. your hostility to automating will get you in trouble.

each character has a power and the power of the occultist is curse. why was it nerfed so that there is no difference compared to other characters? nonsense.

true. 100% this.
"
lolozori wrote:
there is a reason people are using things like hextouch, mainly there is not enough fingers on our hands to cast all those different skills when monsters rush you at lightspeed. Once again if you don t nerf monster behaviors there is no-way people will favor self cast instead of automaton.

*quizzical head tilt*

I keep seeing sentiments like this.

Either I'm a much better player than I thought or everyone else is doing some truly crazy juicing. O.o
Awakened Combustion Support when?
Last edited by NoIguanaForZ on Nov 28, 2022, 3:07:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info