3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

Self casting curses feel clunky without any additional cast speed, I have mixed feelings about these changes.
Wait and see, but that sounds nice overall. Not sure it anathema isn't a bit too much, even with limited investment to pow charges, but it may be exceedingly rare anyway.

"
tonyross170 wrote:
due to a back injury that affects my hands/finger control i play a deaths oath build in which i dont have to do much apart from move ... i also do this in the knowledge my build (or maybe my lack of skill) means i cant do the pinnacle bosses .. i also dont play multiplayer .. and they have just gutted this build by either reducing the damage i do .. increasing the damage i take .. making it so that the skills mana cost/reservation is more than 100% .. or all of the above. i started playing this game in 3.14 and every league since that has bricked a build i was playing. the first one by removing completely a mechanic on an item which the build was built around through to another which reduced the DPS by 26% and another which increased the mana cost of reserved skills alone to 115% of my mana.

is it just me or do GGG seem more concerned about the top 1 or 2 % of players who min/max a character/class/ascendancy as opposed to the majority of the players who play casually and/or those players who play certain builds because thats what we like or a limited to play?

i play a "one-handed" type of build because it is difficult for me to play a build where it requires me to button bash "every" key on the keyboard and even with this build i sometimes have to stop because it causes problems with my hand/fingers.

this game won me over from a long time diablo player ( from diablo 1 through 2 and 3 .. 3 alone was over 4000 hours playtime on one charcater alone). i fell in love with this game for its diversity in character creation and for how much "the game" tried to kill you ... but i think i might have to go give up on POE. i will try this build with the new changes but it doesnt look good :(

don't use your disability as an excuse, there's a ton of builds that do this mainly RF where you just run through packs and they die also you can use a mouse with 4 buttons and have totems and another skill mapped to it. hell you could have a mouse with 35 buttons on it and play the entire game.

RF hardly ever gets effected if you've built a good strong dot character so stop doing some fringe skill and do RF instead, your disability maybe limiting but there are alternatives.
"
The Doom mechanic has been removed

What will curses anomalous quality now be?
Arf! Arf! Arf!
Ayo?
"
"
The Doom mechanic has been removed

What will curses anomalous quality now be?

Suppose we'll know when they reveal gem changes.
W
Cheers. I'd like to say from the get go that the changes seem backed up by good intentions and I like most of them, but they bring up a lot of concerns for any kind of niche gameplay while removing identity from an ascendancy class:

- Doom at its core was interesting, but not well realized. It made Decay Support an actually viable support gem before you nerfed it for some reason. I understand that sometimes your items/new gems affect present gameplay unintentionally, but I've never seen decay do ridiculous amounts of damage. Please consider giving extra tools to make DoT mechanics less one dimensional;

- Occultist had interesting curse nodes for both offense and defense. Now it's getting the Trickster treatment and be considered way worse and might be left in the dust for as many leagues in a row before another rework, unless you have really good alternatives to damage reduction or buff enfeeble that much more;

- Saying you want minions to feel like they can be played by other ascendancies while nerfing both in either survivability or damage doesn't really feel consistent. Reaper is still waiting for its DoT damage to be any relevant as a one minion army concept. Poison minions might also be affected by this, I'm hoping it isn't the case when we get actual numbers;

- Please consider buffing certain chaos damage sources that need to take all these changes into account, like the item Death's Oath mentioned by some people, and Chaos Golems. Also, consider making Envy a proper aura gem, there's no reason it should be available exclusively on items when you already gave some love to Precision;

- If you're gonna nerf curse effect on Blasphemy and in general, at least consider giving it much better sources of mana reservation efficiency (as I've seen you started doing with uniques items, but it needs more of that). Also, some interaction between curses and reduced damage taken by allies when the enemies are cursed by you could be an interesting way to make them more appealing on the passive tree;

Finally, and please, consider some form of change to Punishment to make it, at the very least, a choice when thinking of a curse setup. While we're at it, I think we could have an extra curse to reflect damage or give some form of counterattack mechanic to the player.

I know these aren't necessarily questions, but I'd very much like to see you address some of these issues, alongside what others have already asked. Nevertheless, I'm excited to see what can be done with curses next league. :)
Dude, you dont touch occultist, never, no supporter pack for you again.
Don't you understand that you're stripping away some of the core identity of the Occultist by removing Malediction?!

You keep nerfing ascendancies and stripping them of their core identities, making them more and more generic.

Move Hextouch : fine
Remove curse effect : fine
Remove small stat increases : fine
Remove Malediction : NO

The usual and famous GGG triple/quadruple tap nerf. I'd advise you to revert this change, it's overkill
Affliction and Necropolis are the worst leagues ever to exist. The current game design and direction is atrocious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info