3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

If they're smart they'll just replace malediction with something else in the coding.
It's a lot easier than removing it entirely and screwing existing itemization.
Hi GGG,

I notice that when my many minions build is idle in a map/town/ho for like 2 hours, that the fps drops to like 2fps (from 144) and cpu usage is like 95-99%.
Moving my character through a portal resets the problem and all is normal again.
My new cpu does chug out a tonne of heat when in high usage like that, and I'd rather not come back to a super hot room or be melting the ice caps while not at my computer. Especially with summer coming again.
Can you please do something about this issue, seems to be a resource/handle leak associated with minion builds.

Cheers Jesse
@ggg speaking of curses, plz remove the gemlvl restrictions from CWDT. With the new system its no longer needed
"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
Unless they showcase some kind of close range attacks rework/buff I think Blasphemy having a reduction in curse power is dumb. It already reserves 35% mana which is tough to throw in any build as it stands. The mana reservation plus gem slot IS the cost of running Blasphemy. This just hurts close range/melee builds even more and it's kinda dumb.
Changes and stuff. Cool.
"
We feel that there are currently too many sources of Curse Effect available. This has created a large power gap between players that have no investment in Curses and those that have heavy investment into Curses, which has continually caused us to have the baseline effect of curses to be lower than we'd like.

We are regulating the number of sources of Curse Effect throughout the game. This will also rein in the power of players building Curse Support characters. These changes have been focused on less-accessible sources of Curse Effect, such as Eldritch Implicits on helmets, rather than accessible sources like the Passive Skill Tree. The curse effect notables on cluster jewels have been replaced with other appropriate ones. For example, the one that used to grant Flammability effect now allows your Flammability Hex to apply to hexproof enemies and also causes your ignites on cursed enemies to deal damage faster.

Can you inform us on your plans for Curse on Hit ring modifiers? Will these remain, or will they get a similar adjustment to the Flammability example (ie. enhance the curse rather than apply the curse itself)?
Last edited by Rapturos2 on Nov 27, 2022, 8:35:39 PM
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I don't find the application of curses very fun gameplay. I'd rather you lean in harder on automating curses and give us different tools on how to automate them. I think the battle for self-cast viability is a righteous one, but nobody asked for it when it comes to... curses? Or maybe I'm just wrong.
The smartest thing to do for future reference if GGG makes another DLC or POE 3.
Put all your new updated stuff in the DLC and roll it out all at once. Adding broken content and nerfing the game into oblivion has cause all types of confusion. For the most part it is all on GGG because a lot of this craziness did not have to happen losing players for change to happen did not have to happen.
The game was in a great spot up into season 15 thru 17 that is up for debate. BUT!

Tell me when nerfing a game this heavy has been good for any company! I'll Waite...

Having a vision is great and standing on that vision is greater but when it hurts the masses how great is it really?

Respectfully We all love this game but how much longer before the fans just stop loving it because it is not the game we fell in love with because you all believe in taking and nerfing over fixing and balancing.

Games can be balanced without nerfing everything into the ground then gradually over-time bumping it up as people complain.

PLEASE LOOK AT MANA AGINE BECAUSE THE COST OF ALOT OF GEMS ARE JUST CRAZY AND THE NODES THAT HAVE 100% MANA REDUCTION ON SOME GEMS STILL TAKE 60 TO 100 MANA WHEN IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO TAKE IF IT IS 100% MANA REDUCTION OFF THE PARTICULAR GEM.
awesome looks like yall just super charged me didn't even actually nerf all yall really did this time is act cool and buff the game so good for players most don't even realise how good we got it now wow.
I ROLEPLAY A DIVINE US SPARTAN EXILE SOLDIER FOR ALL HUMANITY EVEN IN REAL LIFE SOMEWHAT WHEN I'M HAPPY BORED OR SCARED OR IN GOOD OR IN BAD TIMES I FIND THAT IN GOD WE TRUST GODSPEED HOLY EXILES!!!
"
neuroguy wrote:
Maybe I'm alone on this, but I don't find the application of curses very fun gameplay. I'd rather you lean in harder on automating curses and give us different tools on how to automate them. I think the battle for self-cast viability is a righteous one, but nobody asked for it when it comes to... curses? Or maybe I'm just wrong.

You're in alignment with most of who play the game imo. Well, you're definitely in alignment with me on this. Self-casting is something I haven't done since the moment automation became a thing. Why would anyone, especially melee risk pausing in a battle for roughly 1 second to apply a curse? Think about stopping for a second when facing uber sirus? Are you crazy?

Is the perception from GGG that we'll sacrifice gem slots and critical survivability to get the benefits of self-cast? I need to hold 4 buttons just to use my skill already! Then I have totems, movement skills, flasks, vaal skills, alternating stances, placing banner... do you really want to make me have to add 1-2 more steps? I'd rather go without curses and invest in other implicits on rings, amulets and on the passive tree than ever self-cast a single curse. The game's about speed because that's how you more efficiently achieve pretty much every goal you could have in PoE, outside of experiencing new content.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info