3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

Sick changes. Can't wait to play some hex builds next patch.
Depends entirely on how much the curse effect is nerfed, if you do something ridiculous like 50% as is want to do on GGG's balancing acts then you could just kill blasphemy trying to ham in self cast.

Doom itself was a good idea, it just super clunky with how long it took for doom to stack naturally and scale, impending doom required a heist unique and doomsday to reasonably exist, it also had very near no use outside of those, there was no expansion onto making doom relevant.

There are a lot of dead on arrival or potentially great incomplete gems in game now, like the link skills, why does that have a duration at all outside of making it intentionally clunky, you could make reaper real good with link skills for example.

I don't personally like that malediction is now a for everyone talent, making a ascendency unique and having it's own unaquireable effects should remain, unless you are planning a full rework of occultist in 3.21.

Seems like an interesting but not good choice to dilute the reason for picking an occultist if everyone can now curse as well, unless the node is replaced with one hell of a powerful curse effect or defence layer like become hexproof.
OOF that occultist nerf
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
From what I can summarize from these notes is that builds that lean heavily into curses are going to get fucked whilst ones that don't are getting a buff. Meta getting more meta I suppose.

Odious Occultist, Hexblast, Bane and Death's Oath; was fun...

Update: And to think of it, this will make most application of marks obsolete too by comparison. By 3.21, they probably realize the mistake and nerf curses across the board to even the scale, thus screwing over hex based builds further.

The occultist is dead. All hail the champion. Can't wait till someone makes a self chill spark or cold dot on champ so those get the hammer too.
Last edited by Gak_Masterson on Nov 27, 2022, 8:17:18 PM
cool post
Wow GGG is amazing and there are only good things to say about Path of Exile!
I'm going to leave most of the discussion about this manifesto to everybody else, as curses are not a huge part of my playstyle.

The one thing I will say is removing the curse effectiveness reduction from bosses is absolutely HUGE.
You're intending to nerf autoapplication as a form of buffing self cast curse.
A skill set that has only ONE direct damage skill that relies on a mechanic you're removing from the game.

If you wanted to make self cast curse a thing you need to add an effect on each curse that only applies if the spell is self cast. Anything else is just a waste of time and effort because you can literally shift the sliders till the heat death of the universe and still not get the result you want GGG.

TLDR GGG tries to sell selfcast curse again when they forgot that more than 90% of the skill set is "support" while stating they want to fight cursebots and offering NOTHING of value to that effect.

Hell if anything that ring you teased makes it EASIER to make a cursebot. Instead to trying to stack +10 curse limit you only need +8 powercharges for the same effect.

8 power charges, new ring, replica's doedre's damning and you can literally apply every hex with 35% increased curse strength with no reason to self cast.

KEK.
What happens to the implicit on these rings?

Last edited by XeoTech on Nov 27, 2022, 8:07:40 PM
good and smart change, please be smart about melee too i didnt enjoy melee since forever just give some power so those that cant play 20hrs/day can enjoy the game too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info