3.20 Balance Manifesto: Curses

Can we get some expectation of the rarity of that new ring? Obviously not exact numbers, but to use some examples, is this more “common, expect to find or buy one” (say, Dendrobate), or “uncommon, you can buy one but not cheap early on” (say, Shavronne’s Wrappings), or “chase item you may never see” (say, Headhunter)?
While a buff for most single target scenarios i fail to see how this is not a direct nerft to mapping, which during early progression relies heavily on curse on hit gloves, curse rings and hextouch setups.

Especialy the changes to Despair and Vuln , curse effect reductions of eldrich implicit helmets and the complete deletion of curse clusters seem so far of the current power level of chaos dot scaling/Poison builds.

Please heavily reconsider butchering Despair they way you outlined in this manifesto! Chaos scaling builds allready have a plethora of inc damage taken scaling via wither while having close to no acess to chaos "penetrating" effects. (Also our aura scaling opportunities are straight up garbage)

Removing juice(fractured mapping/unique watchstones/beyond removal in 3.19/altar nerf in 3.20, possible godtouched nerf 3.20), then heavily restricting acess to remaining juice(specifically sextant availeablility), then restricting acess to scaling opportunities while also forcing Magic find down our throat is not fun at all.

Finally: Nerfing mapping doesnt make out of atlas content more viable. It just makes investing into your build absolutely pointless.

holy fucking pog, GGG i love you
I want numbers, GIVE ME NUMBERS!!!
somehow they quickly changed their vision, first adding uber versions of bosses and then buff curses to the level of any boss dummy under them, apparently money is stronger than vision...
"
ChanBalam wrote:
I loved getting Doom Shrines. :(

Fix melee please; time is running out.

Buff Soul taker
Buff Wings of Entropy
Buff Atziri's Disfavor
Buff Jack the Axe

Hype Team Leader: "We are confdent in our new approach to melee"
Don't worry the eagles are coming...the eagles!!!
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
so apart from the confirmed nerfs like to occu and blasphemy, there are some things to be concerned about:

1) adding that ring means that someone could lets say equip hands of the templar gloves with 5 curses on hit or bane and absolutely destroy everything with a single piece of gear, so it is very possible that curse on hit or bane might be nerfed into the ground

2) removing boss curse resistance is an extreme buff, so it is very possible that it comes with some extreme downside as well, for example removing curse resistance on players as well

due to both, also a possibility is adding a cooldown to self cast curses, or implicit less effect on each curse gem
Last edited by anusmaster3000 on Nov 27, 2022, 6:07:24 PM
"
Elasmo wrote:
Can we get some expectation of the rarity of that new ring? Obviously not exact numbers, but to use some examples, is this more “common, expect to find or buy one” (say, Dendrobate), or “uncommon, you can buy one but not cheap early on” (say, Shavronne’s Wrappings), or “chase item you may never see” (say, Headhunter)?

50-100div rare
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Nov 27, 2022, 6:16:40 PM
very pog
What about punishment curse ? I know this is not a very popular curse but what about the doom mechanic on this spell ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info