STRAWPOLL TIME! Will you go Ruthless or not for 3.20?

"
innervation wrote:

I'm aware of the other changes, am I allowed to say it's not tuned to my exact preferences and that I'm going to give it a fair shot without being told to play HC?

I do play SSF and HC when the mood suits me btw.

It sounds like "I'm upset that it not as hard as I want, but I'm not going to play it on hardest difficulty".
I'm not expecting to like it, but I'm going to give it a try before forming a final opinion.

It will clearly feel different, but whether that feeling will be satisfying or frustrating is hard to tell. We'll see.
- here's my sig
"
Alendert wrote:
"
innervation wrote:

I'm aware of the other changes, am I allowed to say it's not tuned to my exact preferences and that I'm going to give it a fair shot without being told to play HC?

I do play SSF and HC when the mood suits me btw.

It sounds like "I'm upset that it not as hard as I want, but I'm not going to play it on hardest difficulty".

If that's what it sounds like to you, then perhaps you need to check your hearing.

Permadeath is one lever of difficulty.

Item scarcity is another totally distinct lever of difficulty.

I'm giving my opinion on one and not the other.

This is like me saying I would prefer my dish with 40% more pepper and you telling me to heat up the dish to a higher temperature. Both would increase the heat, just in a different way.
LOL no.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

its not hard...thats my entire point its just GRINDY doing 1000 white maps to get your gems to drop isnt hard to do its just time consuming and grindy and frustrating GGG definition of "hard" have always been rng and grindy as i said its not hard at all

What you're doing is taking a word that has wildly different contextually subjective meanings and then appropriating it to whatever you want and also demand others to follow the same definition.

RHCSSF in a blindfold Uber Sirus boss kill is not your definition "harder" either, you just need to "grind" yourself the immortal gear for 100,000 hours instead of the standard 100.

In reality the Ruthless mode is more difficult and it's also grindier with some of the difficulty coming from the gear being slower to accumulate, making you take on challenges with worse gear that you would normally have. Bad gear, harder fight etc.

did you played sentinel league? chris wilson his own words were "challenges in this league are the hardest you will ever face" guess what they werent hard at all i got 40/40 but it took me 3 weeks nonstop grinding it was just bunch of rng nothing more
Nah… Pass
Hahaha

Just posting to point out the character sheets of people saying Ruthless. 2 months in and they will have 5 links and be in yellow maps.

Or more likely, 1.5 days in they quit and play regular, realizing no one is interesting if they barely kill mediocre content in ruthless a month after it happens in league.
might do the acts in ruthless at one point.
maps, i doubt it. farming in trade game already takes a lot of time.
Were I to play, and I might on the sly, I would go ruthless AND SSF (because for me non-SSF is actually going way out of my way, and frankly trading is cheating but GGG expect you to cheat and essentially punish you for NOT cheating so...oh yeah, that's why I don't play anymore!). I'd probably die in Twilight Strand but hey, nothing new there. I'll take a short, intense challenge and an enjoyable death over a boring slog ending with a whimper any day.

That to me was the promise of Path of Exile from the start. Early racing, which had virtually no trading and usually ended with most players somewhere in act 2 or 3, delivered on this very nicely -- I was no good at it but I always gave it a go and always enjoyed taking part, especially if it had some alt unique art I really wanted (lightsabre prismatic eclipe ftw).

Descent was the chef's kiss of PoE in short, sharp bursts of engaging, rewarding intensity.

Anyway, I definitely have my doubts that something this...superficial can make the game 'feel like endgame from the start' (really bad wording but hey their hearts are in the right place) unless endgame is very slow and methodical (which from what I've seen it very much isn't), but maybe...well, I hold mild hope that Ruthless can be something better than PoE's endgame. Or at least more balanced. Very mild hope. I still think it'd require a much more comprehensive overhaul and recycling of assets but that ain't happening so passion project 'this didn't detract from our scheduled development at all so don't expect too much and if you don't like it that's on you' it is.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
no lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info