STRAWPOLL TIME! Will you go Ruthless or not for 3.20?

"
innervation wrote:

I'm hoping for a mode where stuff like Awakened Enlighten isn't even found by anyone b/c so few bosses are being run, because the entry tickets are so hard to generate.

That is pretty much the case as PoE's all map tiers can be done mostly with just resistance gear but once you move up to Guadians, Sirus, Maven etc. you will need more than that and that's what's very hard to achieve in Ruthless.
But of course Awakened Englighten will be pretty much pointless in Ruthless as the upgrades needed for everything else will take a long time to achieve before looking at Awakened Enlighten.

If I do go Ruthless then probably I'll go spellcaster or a dot as they have the least scaling and min-maxing required to do the top content while not being a total bore like totems or traps.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Nov 24, 2022, 5:33:14 AM
everything about ruthless is FRUSTRATING not fun i dont get it how people find it fun
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
everything about ruthless is FRUSTRATING not fun i dont get it how people find it fun

It's like how choosing to play on "Very easy" might be fun for you but another player can enjoy only "Hard" and beyond.

I didn't play PoE for 2 years since Delve, because you could kill Uber Elder( the final boss back then) literally with just white items, so why even buy gear? And since the game is about gear, then why even play? So I didn't play.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Nov 24, 2022, 5:57:15 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

Some people choose "Easy" difficult in games, some prefer "Hard".
Absolutely. The only reason I even see to start playing again before PoE2 release. Even considering starting on RHC this time since challenges aren't available anyway and my friends aren't likely to be playing either next league and campaign should be fun in ruthless.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Nov 24, 2022, 6:31:17 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

It's like how choosing to play on "Very easy" might be fun for you but another player can enjoy only "Hard" and beyond.

I didn't play PoE for 2 years since Delve, because you could kill Uber Elder( the final boss back then) literally with just white items, so why even buy gear? And since the game is about gear, then why even play? So I didn't play.

its not hard...thats my entire point its just GRINDY doing 1000 white maps to get your gems to drop isnt hard to do its just time consuming and grindy and frustrating GGG definition of "hard" have always been rng and grindy as i said its not hard at all
Last edited by Gopstop22 on Nov 24, 2022, 6:31:36 AM
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

its not hard...

That is why only 64 players beated at least 1 uber boss in kalandra hcssf and only 12 killed all ubers?
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

its not hard...thats my entire point its just GRINDY doing 1000 white maps to get your gems to drop isnt hard to do its just time consuming and grindy and frustrating GGG definition of "hard" have always been rng and grindy as i said its not hard at all

What you're doing is taking a word that has wildly different contextually subjective meanings and then appropriating it to whatever you want and also demand others to follow the same definition.

RHCSSF in a blindfold Uber Sirus boss kill is not your definition "harder" either, you just need to "grind" yourself the immortal gear for 100,000 hours instead of the standard 100.

In reality the Ruthless mode is more difficult and it's also grindier with some of the difficulty coming from the gear being slower to accumulate, making you take on challenges with worse gear that you would normally have. Bad gear, harder fight etc.
I would like to play it if ruthless is the only game mode. Will play normal league ssf like the last couple years. Back in the day i played hc.

I just can't stand when games take stuff away from players like in that case movement skills, or introducing 70% reduced dmg taken "uber" bosses. Its not interesting or fun for me.
"
Alendert wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
If it is the case that the net change of Ruthless is that we get to exactly the same destination we get to on standard, just twice as slow, that's a bummer for me (even if I think the journey might be more fun).

I'm hoping for a mode where stuff like Awakened Enlighten isn't even found by anyone b/c so few bosses are being run, because the entry tickets are so hard to generate.

When I heard people were clearing T10/11 maps in 5 Links within just a few days of a wipe...idk if that's quite where I am personally hyped for it.

I will probably league start in regular trade league + either Ruthless SSF or trade and play both simultaneously until enough feedback is out for me to be sure on Ruthless balance.

It's not exactly the same. You will have only 6 acs points, no movement skills, your top gear will be weaker because there no master crafts and some types of currency, atlas passives will add extra dmg for monsters.

People can clear everything when they play SC. How can you complain about difficulty if you not going to play it on HC?

As for me it will be really interesting to find out which bosses I'll be able beat in RHCSSF.

I'm aware of the other changes, am I allowed to say it's not tuned to my exact preferences and that I'm going to give it a fair shot without being told to play HC?

I do play SSF and HC when the mood suits me btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info