STRAWPOLL TIME! Will you go Ruthless or not for 3.20?

"I earn below average / Answers" wth does that mean? x'D

but voted for yes i'll play ruthless :) probably not ssf the first league though. not sure yet. maybe i will x'D if i get items in there that become legacy oh my x'd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"I earn below average / Answers" wth does that mean? x'D

but voted for yes i'll play ruthless :) probably not ssf the first league though. not sure yet. maybe i will x'D if i get items in there that become legacy oh my x'd
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
The new league mechanic and challenge rewards miiiight push my rssf play to later, but currently planning on starting as it.
I will play Ruthless some day. Not the upcoming league, though.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I'm waiting for Ironman mode.

You can only use your starter gear and dont get any gems at all. Also, there are no drops and bosses have 500% life regen.
I love the idea of Ruthless but I have skill parity and item scarcity concerns (i.e. not scarce enough).

If it is the case that the net change of Ruthless is that we get to exactly the same destination we get to on standard, just twice as slow, that's a bummer for me (even if I think the journey might be more fun).

I'm hoping for a mode where stuff like Awakened Enlighten isn't even found by anyone b/c so few bosses are being run, because the entry tickets are so hard to generate.

When I heard people were clearing T10/11 maps in 5 Links within just a few days of a wipe...idk if that's quite where I am personally hyped for it.

I will probably league start in regular trade league + either Ruthless SSF or trade and play both simultaneously until enough feedback is out for me to be sure on Ruthless balance.
For me, I feel like the hype of Ruthless will quickly give way to regret, as people start reaching cool new content in Challenge league. Meanwhile I'm stuck at Dominus, resigned to reading about said cool things.

It's a classic case of FOMO.
I will try it once when it comes up.
Already know what will happen though. It'll be pretty fun in the beginning but will hit a wall somewhere in red maps where map sustain will be annoying and I'll quit somewhere in the first week.

Trying out the ruthless campaign and white maps experience will probably be okay though. Think most of us will finish the acts in about 2 days.
The large drop off will come in maps is my guess.
SSF Ruthless. I am one of those strange people who enjoy the campaign and the sense of progression it provides over maps, which feel pointless other than the the tier advancement mapping gives.

Ruthless will keep me in the campaign longer, enough time to want to re-roll before even before I consider mapping, Kitava Act 10 will be my end point.

hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
innervation wrote:
If it is the case that the net change of Ruthless is that we get to exactly the same destination we get to on standard, just twice as slow, that's a bummer for me (even if I think the journey might be more fun).

I'm hoping for a mode where stuff like Awakened Enlighten isn't even found by anyone b/c so few bosses are being run, because the entry tickets are so hard to generate.

When I heard people were clearing T10/11 maps in 5 Links within just a few days of a wipe...idk if that's quite where I am personally hyped for it.

I will probably league start in regular trade league + either Ruthless SSF or trade and play both simultaneously until enough feedback is out for me to be sure on Ruthless balance.

It's not exactly the same. You will have only 6 acs points, no movement skills, your top gear will be weaker because there no master crafts and some types of currency, atlas passives will add extra dmg for monsters.

People can clear everything when they play SC. How can you complain about difficulty if you not going to play it on HC?

As for me it will be really interesting to find out which bosses I'll be able beat in RHCSSF.
Last edited by Alendert on Nov 24, 2022, 5:04:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info