Another Senior player quitting

"
"
emulatin wrote:
How do you not have a single level 100 character after playing this game for 11 years!?

Also

You realize you can have different accounts? I have 3 or 4. And hardly ever log into the others.

But sure, keep your narrative up. Pretend you know me/them.

[Removed by Support]

But you are calling someone a liar or some variant of that. And that, I guess, is not an attack by GGG standards.

Thanks so much for that. Just reading the first pages of this thread made me wanna quit even more hahahah. This post is just a reminder to poe that the old players are mad. No i'm not doing lvl100 after 2 days or beating the endgame shit. I don't need that to VALIDATE MYSELF lol.

I had an account before this one i started in 2014. i started sometime in 2012-2013. Don't have to explain myself to the people attacking me in this post.
"somnambulistdead" THANKS for that mate.
For what it's worth, OP, I'm on the brink of quitting as well. Archnemesis is just not a fun mechanic to play around, summoners got absolutely junked, and the combination of both is making the game just feel like more trouble than it's worth, especially as a long-time summoner main since the days of beta. I elaborate a lot more in a thread I made.

The only thing that's keeping me interested in 3.20 right now is how much of an improvement the shattering of AN mods will provide along with the buff to Maven influence rewards to bring it somewhat closer in line with the eldritch altar strats. I'm hoping that by breaking down all of the AN mods into their individual parts will greatly dilute the mob mod pool and give us a lot less excruciating, or even unwinnable, encounters especially when they happened to be paired with league content. I've never been a speed-clearing player, mostly because I play summoner builds which have never excelled in that role, so I'm hoping the buff to Maven influenced bosses dropping woke gems will make her more worth running than before.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
"
anti4z500 wrote:
i wonder what ppl gain from announcing that they leave a game. looking for glorification or what ?
like no1 cares that som1 gone
and its strange that som1 with 2014 account manage to play 11 years.

Here's the deal. When someone has invested such a big piece of their life, thought, and effort into something for so long it can be difficult for them to walk away silently without a word. So that's a good example as to why someone might make such a post.

You are flat out wrong that no one cares. I care and I'm sure GGG cares although without him giving the reasons why, it is not really very useful information to GGG.

Regarding your implied accusation that he is a liar, I think that says more about you than it does him.

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Nov 26, 2022, 8:04:58 PM
^yep I care too. Because I feel the same way. I have gone through the whole quitting post and never really quit, but I have only played maybe about a week or two weeks across the last TWO LEAGUES. The least I have ever played this game in a decade, simply because I either get bored or frustrated with weird death situations, or because I can see the time and currency it would take for me to craft the next level of gear and just don't want to hit up the gambling machine. Gambling is fun to me, but only in small doses. When everything left for me to do to improve is weeks of gambling...no thanks. I am inevitably reduced to making cookie cutter builds because they are easy and take little time, yet that also means that I'm done with them after 3 days. Tried to reinvigorate myself by playing standard for the first time EVER, but got hit hard by the exalt switch and the fact that I can't sell any of my gear...ever. So I have no income, plus I deleted the vast majority of my old characters and items because I never intended to play standard.

It's upsetting.
1) Crafting sucks
2) Minions suck
3) OP rare modifiers suck
4) Maven sucks
5) nerfs each league to popular skills = rapid burnout with trying new things.

The "game" is still wonderful, the simple idea of the passive tree, atlas tree, and linking skills is still exciting and unique, but it feels like in this day and age of PoE, none of that REALLY matters. For every build you take the same nodes or you die, you run the same skills or you suck, you wear the same gear or you die, or you learn to love a new skill only for it to be gutted beyond recognition the next time you try to use it.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 26, 2022, 9:18:27 PM
Ok see you December ninth :)
I genuinely love people who say "GGG DOESN'T LISTEN TO THEIR PLAYERS" just because they don't implement the terrible ideas people propose.

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
i wonder what ppl gain from announcing that they leave a game. looking for glorification or what ?
like no1 cares that som1 gone
and its strange that som1 with 2014 account manage to play 11 years.

Here's the deal. When someone has invested such a big piece of their life, thought, and effort into something for so long it can be difficult for them to walk away silently without a word. So that's a good example as to why someone might make such a post.

You are flat out wrong that no one cares. I care and I'm sure GGG cares although without him giving the reasons why, it is not really very useful information to GGG.

Regarding your implied accusation that he is a liar, I think that says more about you than it does him.

its rly not healthy to invest so much in a game that you cant stop and leave . im playing long time and spend alot money but i dont have a problems with just stopping playing said game.

no1 told thats som1 is liar just pointing that is strange

why some random stranger on internet cares about another random stranger leaving. almost all ppl leave without a word or complain threads on forums. i find its so strange to announce on forums to random strangers that they leaving. but hey that just me just plays a good game and enjoys but the moment game starts to feel bad and dont enjoy anymore simple move on with life and to another game
Last edited by anti4z500 on Nov 27, 2022, 5:18:08 AM
It's ridiculous to me that some people fail to realize that others can both love the game and still hate what it's turning into, and still be pathetic enough to reply with "See you at league start".

For YEARS, the game has been adding more loot, power creep and deterministic crafting, nerfing the outliers to keep the meta varied, making it easier for people with actual lives to play. Suddenly it starts doing a 180º into no lifer and people can't believe the vast majority are upset?

I really don't care what his vision is or isn't, but if any game developer does a bait and switch and starts massively losing player base, this is to be expected and 100% justifiable.
"
Turtledove wrote:

Also, people routinely announce why they are getting into the game, only seems fair to announce why they are leaving, so yeah, what Turtledove said is accurate. It's also really "strange" that we are in a section devoted to Feedback and Suggestions, emphasis on Feedback, and still believe none cares about it. Also feels extremely ironic, or moronic, to reply saying exactly that, when clearly if someone actually didn't, they wouldn't bother to reply at all.

Regardless, people have been extremely vocal on what they hate about the changes in Reddit and why they were leaving, but for some reason they choose to ignore that. Saying why you are leaving in a solitary post here might be, regretfully, useless indeed.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Nov 27, 2022, 8:22:51 AM
"
innervation wrote:
See you on the 9th!

This is so dumb and also so disrespectful, yet I read it here all the time. Why?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
see you next leaque! :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info